• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Canadian Dollar on the rise again!

Salinger

Mouseketeer
Great time to exchange some money for trips to WDW.

Our dollar is currently trading at about 1 USD = 1.03 CAD I just exchanged some CAD into USD at ING @ $1.042

The CAD has made significant gains in just the last couple of days.

...must be that huge increase in our GOLD reserves. :rotfl:

Wow...maybe my luck is changing! I just made the final payment for a cruise we are taking out of Tampa in June.

Clearly we bank at different places. I just transferred some $ to my US account today and it was 1.07 :confused3 That's a pretty big difference!

I am going after work on Thurs.. I will then make the final payment!!! What a great rate!!!!!:thumbsup2

ING is trading at 1.04 tonight.
I guess I missed the 1.02 rate, at least I have paid my trip and have my money already....I just wanted to put some aside for the "next" trip.... haha it's never the last trip so better to buy when it's good.
I will keep my eyes on it though in hopes of 1.02 or par!!!

Clearly we bank at different places. I just transferred some $ to my US account today and it was 1.07 :confused3 That's a pretty big difference!

I always check the rate before I complete a transfer. Sometimes they haven't caught up with their own posted rate; especially with the dollar making such rapid gains over the past little while.

ING has among the best exchange rates in Canada, that's why I opened an account there. Scotiabank (at least for online transfers) has among the worst. Everyone else falls somewhere in between.

ING is trading at 1.04 tonight.
I guess I missed the 1.02 rate, at least I have paid my trip and have my money already....I just wanted to put some aside for the "next" trip.... haha it's never the last trip so better to buy when it's good.
I will keep my eyes on it though in hopes of 1.02 or par!!!

No, that's right Molly. I got $1.042 (see my OP), not $1.02.

I paid off my trip tonight:cool1: I wanted to do it before the budget tomorrow incase the $ took a dip.

need some more info on ING, please...is your account a US account that you pay your trip out of or do you withdraw the US cash from it for trip expenses while in the US? That is a great rate!

My ING account has cdn and us funds accounts all online.
When the rate is good I transfer cdn into my usd account.
I also opened a td usd account.
When I needed to pay my disney I transferred the amount into the td usd account and they gave me a money order for the amount. I leave it in the ING account until needed because I also get a good interest rate there unlike TD where I get no interest.
I do the same for spending money, leave it in the ING until needed then transfer to TD and get the cash to take away.
I have saved alot of money using ing for the best rates, good interest and not putting it on my credit card has saved alot of exchange fees and the 2% fee they charge.
I love ING.

Great news. I am waiting for Disney to pass a ROFR on 75 BCV points and when we sent it in the dollar was at $0.93 and now it is over $0.970. That difference alone will save me over $300.00. But it can go down 4 cents just as quick.

I also have a quick question about the ING US Acct. I just opened up a savings account with ING today ( thanks for the info!) and will also be opening up a US Acct with them. I have a CIBC US Acct and was wondering if I need to link the 2 US accts by way of a cheque like you do when you open up a savings account?

The CIBC rate was $1.07 today as I bought some $....looking forward to the better rates on ING.

I never checked the dollar for a couple of days. So when I saw this thread I just had to take a look. WOW!!!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter