Canadian Cruiser-What happens when you return back to the US??

neonurse

Hidden Mickeys Everywhere!
Canadian Cruiser:banana: My Dsis said that when she cruised on carnvial she had to be the first off the ship for customs because she was Canadian. Is there anything that we will have do differently because we are not American on the date of departure or when we arrive back in port from Bahamas?

tia:thumbsup2

I don't think so. At least nothing was mentioned in the debarkation letter you get in your stateroom. Everyone has to go through customs, everyone has to show their passport (or birth certificate if you are US citizen and chose to not have a passport). There was just one line downstairs as far as I noticed, and not a second line for non-US citizen!

Canadians have to get up first and be at customs at 6 am. Really nasty! We just brought the kids in their pj's. It doesn't take very long, first year was in the theatre, last year it was in rockin' bar d. They have coffee and pastries. After, we went back to bed for an hour, and then had breakfast at topsiders.

You don't have to leave the boat first though.

Canadians have to get up first and be at customs at 6 am. Really nasty! We just brought the kids in their pj's. It doesn't take very long, first year was in the theatre, last year it was in rockin' bar d. They have coffee and pastries. After, we went back to bed for an hour, and then had breakfast at topsiders.

You don't have to leave the boat first though.

this is only when you dock in St. Thomas. I think OP is talking about getting back to Port Canaveral, unless I am mistaken!

Alas, Canucks have to get up first in Port Canaveral as well:( At least we had to the last two years we went (2006 and 2007).

I didn't mind that as much as the dreaded St. Thomas early morning. Blah!

Actually they stopped the early customs at Port C in late 2007. We went in Jan 08 and no early morning (or surrendering our passports)

But, it is based on security. So they still advertise that it happens because it's up to their descretion, as they may start it back up again. But usually the norm is no :thumbsup2

Just did a 3 night in March...

No early wake ups...
No different for Canadians! We got off the ship with everyone else.

St. Thomas is the only place this happens for non US citizens now.

Just did a 3 night in March...

No early wake ups...
No different for Canadians! We got off the ship with everyone else.

St. Thomas is the only place this happens for non US citizens now.

everyone has to do this in St. Thomas, not just US citizens. The whole ship has to go through immigration early in the morning. As Brent said "if you are alive and breathing on this ship, you HAVE to clear immigration" :rotfl: It wasn't too bad for us, since we had an early morning excursion anyway, so we had to be up regardless, and the whole process was quick and painless.

No problem with customs on our 07 and 08 Eastern cruises, didnt have to get up early in Port C, nor did we have to head to Rockin Ds at 6 AM.Last year customs in St Thomas was according to your room/floor # and we were there at 7 AM, had time to eat prior, no problems at all,a fast and smooth process.We had way more Canadians on board last year than in 07 with our $$ so strong.Some of the crew that had been on the ship for a few years told us they had never seen so many Canadians as when we cruised in Feb 08, Disney expects the same thing for upcoming years.We had our 11 month old in 2007 and it was just as fast in 2008, even with a baby.I wouldnt worry about it, Disney filters thousands of people every week off their ships and the system they use is military in precision

Thanks again.:thumbsup2 Our whole family is going. Grandmother, parents and kids. 19 in all. Ranging from 6 months old and up. Happy to hear that it should be smooth sailing..at least in and out of ports. LOL!:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter