Canadian Buffoon's Solo Disney Vacation - Update 07/08! pp99 - Here today gone tomorrow

Hey! I made it!!!!

You did? By yourself? Great! Let's see it!
:laughing:

Welcome to the TR Roni! So glad you're here!

I love how the trip came to be - it's nice when things fall into place like that. VERY nice.

If not... make them fall into place!

I guarantee you that you made SOMEONE very happy with those A&E FP+s - you may never know who, but you can be assured that it was someone.

I hope so. I'll never know, but I still feel better about it.

Love your must-do list - I can't wait to see how many you manage to do. I'm ducking for cover though from the fact that Shannon thinks we now need to do that. :scared1: We have so much planned and hoped for - another list may kill us! :rotfl2: Okay, honestly, we already know about 20 hopeful "must-dos," so I guess I should stop hiding.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure just about everyone who's on these boards could come up with a list in a hurry.
It's all just sitting up there, in your head.
"Oh! I want to _________"
"Oh, yeah! I have to _________"
etc.
But if you don't write 'em down, it becomes:
"Oh! I wanted to __________"
"Oh, darn! I forgot to _______"

Heck, how many "What are your must dos at Disney" threads have we seen??

No, not the link to the TR. I mean the list of times you've been to Disney and where you stayed. It still says the last time you were there was 2009.

Ohhhhh! Thanks for the heads up. Changed it. Thanks! :goodvibes

What was the picture that I couldn't see?

Changed it back to a pbucket picture. It's there now.

And wait...you wore the same shirt two days in a row???

Ha! I was wondering when (and if) this would come up.
Yes... but no. <gross>
I wore a different shirt the day before, then changed just before dinner.
Immediately afterwards, I changed back out of it.
The next day, I did the same.
Technically, I didn't wear that shirt for a whole day on that trip!

Yay a new trip report. party:

Welcome Pluplo! I remember you from the Euro TR.
Thanks for dropping in and letting me know you're still following along.
How's your summer been?

Me too. And we only got to go for one day armed with a handful of tickets, most of which did not have an E on them. I remember looking longingly at the Contemporary and The Polynesian, dreaming about staying there. Our family was at The Days Inn.

I don't remember the hotel we were at, but it was similar to a Days Inn (aren't they all?)
I too remember going through the Contemporary.
I assumed it was for the rich (which we weren't).
Turns out, I was right! :laughing:
And I remember having that ticket book in hand and trying to figure out what to ride.
My sister and I stood in line for an hour and a half to ride Space. :sad2:

How many rides did it take to get that photo?

Well, you'll just have to wait and see, wont you?
(I think the answer will surprise you. It surprised me!)

I don’t know why it bothers me that I’m a year older than you. I feel less cute somehow.

You can't possibly be older than me.
No way. No how.
If you are, please tell me where to find the fountain of youth. I could use it.

Didn’t expect that one.

That I own a Harley, or that I'd want an add on?

Didn’t your last trip report involve a lot of driving?

Yes, but that's not what I meant.
I actually love driving, and given the time (and funds) would've driven to WDW.
I was referring to it not being fun in comparison to walking 600 hours.
Which would be interesting, actually.
Well.... maybe not in winter, where the term is less 'interesting' and more 'fatal'.

Were you nervous about booking in February with all the snow you get? We went in February once and I was a wreck worrying about impending snowstorms.

Yeah. A little.
But I figured if there were delays, I'd deal with them when and if.

Little did I know....

Especially with those magic bands. They make it especially convenient to part with your money.

Oh, God. Do they ever!
I'm sure that's the number one reason Disney wants you wearing them.

I’m glad you stayed on site. It makes it much more Disneyish.

Oh, absolutely! Just look at my siggie!
After I crunched all the numbers, staying onsite was about $100 or so more.
For $100 there was no way I was not staying on site!

This doesn’t sound like the adventurous Ponzi we all know.

Heh. Yeah, I kinda surprised myself, there.
But I just wanted to get in and get out and not really worry about the resort.
At least when Pop fell through.
Next time (if there is one), I hope to be somewhere new.

When you requested your room did you do that online or did you call? I think I may call this time. From my experience it doesn’t seem like they even look at the online requests.

I did it online. You'll see soon how that turned out.

I can’t wait to hear about that one.

Did you go to the bar inside to get one? I tried the jalapeno one which was a very weird experience.

So you're assuming I got it all done?

I’m surprised the bakery and ice cream place isn’t on this list.

It was. I just forgot to write it down!

Because you are one.

Ha!

No. Just no. We made an FP+ to see them this trip. I think last year the line was 3 hours.

No is right!
Eight hours... heck three hours... does that make you a dedicated parent,
or a poor parent for not being able to tell your child, "no"?

Would make for a dull TR...

"Today was the big day for our little snowflake to meet Anna and Elsa!
So excited!! :love::flower1::flower:
I got in line as soon as I could.
Eight hours later, suffering from dehydration, sunburn and sore feet,
my little monster got to see the flippin' princesses!
Then what does she do?!? Refuses to see them!!!
I hope, in all that is holy, that she appreciated what I did!!!!!!
I dragged her back to the hotel
where I spent the rest of the night trying to find the bottom of a bottle of Jack Daniel's."

Aw. That’s sweet. One of her princesses can have a FP.

Yeah, I know. Only one FP+.
But maybe my cancellation opened up a window of time where they could put in two or three people.
Or maybe some little girl is just old enough to stand in line by herself while her folks wait.
Dunno.

Let me guess. Sneaking into the utilidors. Surfing lessons at typhoon lagoon. Oh wait you already did that in Hawaii. Um… celebrity encounter?

Good guesses!
Want me to tell you if you're right or wrong?

Nope. Not gonna tell you.

Oh sure. Bribe the readers…

How else will I get people to read this thing????

You talking to me?

talkin_zpsyigrumkp.gif

Great chapter, Ponzi. I can’t wait to read more!

Thanks, Laura! :goodvibes:

I tried a couple of different things and the only way that worked was using photobucket.
I still haven't figured out how to get smilies and all the other little guys (smilie eating popcorn, etc.) that were so much fun to use. Hint, hint.

Yeah, I give up (for now at least).
Smilies:
At the top of the reply box (to the right of the colour picker which I see you found)
click the smilie icon :-) and a box will open below the reply box.
There are four tabs with different smilies in them.
There ya go!

I first went to Disney World when Disney World and Magic Kingdom were the same thing.
No Animal Kingdom, no Hollywood Studios or MGM or even an Epcot!

I'm an oldie too. When I first went it was only Magic Kingdom and only three hotels one being the Golf Resort and there was the campground. How times have changed.

I'm an oldie too. When I first went it was only Magic Kingdom and only three hotels one being the Golf Resort and there was the campground. How times have changed.

Oh, I know. Who knew just how big it would become.
I wouldn't be overly surprised to see another theme park open somewhere on all that property in my lifetime.

I've seen you on a number of TR's I follow, so I thought I'd join in for one of yours.

I'm going to guess 50 as the birthday.

I love how you figured it all out with the miles, tickets, etc.

I've seen you on a number of TR's I follow, so I thought I'd join in for one of yours.

I'm going to guess 50 as the birthday.

I love how you figured it all out with the miles, tickets, etc.

Hi Kathy! Welcome! :goodvibes:
Sure I've seen you around, too!
(Gee... that sounded kinda... naughty. :laughing:)

I even checked out your PTR, briefly.
I say briefly, 'cause I'm not big into PTRs (you may have noticed there wasn't one for this one.)
However, I did read your intro post and plan on joining in when a TR shows up.

I guess great minds think alike?

I'd say good guess on the birthday, because you're right, but a good guess would've been anything younger! :laughing:

I like doing the numbers.
They're seldom right, though.
Oh, the basics maybe. But when has a trip ever been anywhere near the $$$ you thought (hoped?) it might be?

Me too. And we only got to go for one day armed with a handful of tickets, most of which did not have an E on them. I remember looking longingly at the Contemporary and The Polynesian, dreaming about staying there. Our family was at The Days Inn.

I don't remember the hotel we were at, but it was similar to a Days Inn (aren't they all?)
I too remember going through the Contemporary.
I assumed it was for the rich (which we weren't).
Turns out, I was right! :laughing:
And I remember having that ticket book in hand and trying to figure out what to ride.
My sister and I stood in line for an hour and a half to ride Space. :sad2:

We lived in Florida in the mid-70s and went twice each year in the spring and fall, and usually stayed at an "8 Days Inn." I envied those people getting on the monorail at the Contemporary but really wanted to stay at the Poly. Let me make you jealous: I was married to a sailor and we got the military discount. For $8 we got a tag to hang on our clothing that was good for all rides all day.

Smilies:
At the top of the reply box (to the right of the colour picker which I see you found)
click the smilie icon :-) and a box will open below the reply box.
There are four tabs with different smilies in them.
There ya go!

I tried that yesterday and got no little box. It was not visible, anyway. Now I see it. :joker:

I like doing the numbers.
They're seldom right, though.
Oh, the basics maybe. But when has a trip ever been anywhere near the $$$ you thought (hoped?) it might be?

I'm a numbers person. When I start thinking of taking a WDW trip, I price everything out, including gas and food for travel - and I have to do it for different sizes of parties because I don't know who is coming along - and end up with scribbled stickies all over my desk. :rolleyes:

My sister and I stood in line for an hour and a half to ride Space.
clip_image002.gif

My first rollercoaster. We stood in a line a long time too. I remember standing in long lines for everything.

You can't possibly be older than me.

No way. No how.

If you are, please tell me where to find the fountain of youth. I could use it.
clip_image004.gif

I’m a product junkie. I guess some of them work.

That I own a Harley, or that I'd want an add on?

That you own one of course.

Little did I know....

Ooooh. Foreshadowing…

No is right!

Eight hours... heck three hours... does that make you a dedicated parent,

or a poor parent for not being able to tell your child, "no"?

Would make for a dull TR...

"Today was the big day for our little snowflake to meet Anna and Elsa!

So excited!!
clip_image006.gif
clip_image008.gif
clip_image010.gif

I got in line as soon as I could.

Eight hours later, suffering from dehydration, sunburn and sore feet,

my little monster got to see the flippin' princesses!

Then what does she do?!? Refuses to see them!!!

I hope, in all that is holy, that she appreciated what I did!!!!!!

I dragged her back to the hotel

where I spent the rest of the night trying to find the bottom of a bottle of Jack Daniel's."

And all of those kids sweltering in their princess costumes with their bibbity bobbity boutique glitter melting down their face and into their eyes. We took our daughter to that place before lunch at the castle. I had pictured a sweet little princess bun but she chose “The Diva” which is basically fake multicolor hair that they plunk on the top of her head. She looked much better going in than going out. And guess what she wanted to do as soon as we got back to the resort? Swim of course.

Yes you! You lucky reader, you get to relive the excitement and majesty of going to Disney World without actually going there!!!
It's like you know us or something.

Spend those puppies!
Preferably on something that you normally wouldn't spend money on.
:yoda: Wise you are

Why? Because while my parents and MIL were very generous, it wasn't enough to pay for a Disney vacation.
A vacation wasn't even on the radar.
Stuff was.
Maybe a new camera lens.
It's hard to say no to a new lens.

Flying, and I don't want to shock anyone here, but... flying is expensive.
No! Really! It is!
What astounds me is that it now costs more for my suitcases to go on vacation than it does for me.

We've paid for her childhood, it's time she starts paying us back!
It's the least she could do, don't you think?
I support your logic sir.

With airmiles points taking care of the park tickets and flights
(plus applicable taxes, fees, gouging and roasting over an open fire),
Nothing quite like the joys of Fuzzy Disney Math.

Either way, when I checked in, I was prepared to fight for as close a room as I could get.
As is your Disney duty. (Insert dooty joke here.)

Over the course of the TR, you'll see how close I got.
If at all.
We'll be watching....always watching.

Drop a comment, let me know you're out there.
It makes my day.
Happy to oblige!

:eek: When a deranged rabbit with a gun tells you to giddy up... you giddy up!!

Welcome to the TR bunny boy!
(Tell Heather to post a hello if she wants one back! :snooty:)

Hello from the land of misfits. I still haven't finished the last TR, but I am hoping that may change. I seem to have a few slow days coming up soon...

I probably just jinxed myself!

Well, Hello anyway. Hopefully this won't be the only time you hear from me. I'm sure T-Man will gently shove me in the proper direction of the TR upon updates if I don't find my way back by myself.

We lived in Florida in the mid-70s and went twice each year in the spring and fall, and usually stayed at an "8 Days Inn." I envied those people getting on the monorail at the Contemporary but really wanted to stay at the Poly. Let me make you jealous: I was married to a sailor and we got the military discount. For $8 we got a tag to hang on our clothing that was good for all rides all day.

$8???? Good Lord! I can't even wrap my head around that.

$8!!

:faint:

I tried that yesterday and got no little box. It was not visible, anyway. Now I see it.

Thank you. I'm here all week.

My first rollercoaster. We stood in a line a long time too. I remember standing in long lines for everything.

Hmmm.... I don't think it was my first coaster. I remember the one at the local fair as probably being first.
Still. First one I rode that was really fun, though.

I’m a product junkie. I guess some of them work.

I doubt it was product.
I, and I'm not just saying this, would've guessed your age about 20 years or more younger.
Seriously.

That you own one of course.

Thought so. Just clarifying.
It's my midlife crisis purchase.

Ooooh. Foreshadowing…

But probably in a way that will surprise you.

And all of those kids sweltering in their princess costumes with their bibbity bobbity boutique glitter melting down their face and into their eyes. We took our daughter to that place before lunch at the castle. I had pictured a sweet little princess bun but she chose “The Diva” which is basically fake multicolor hair that they plunk on the top of her head. She looked much better going in than going out. And guess what she wanted to do as soon as we got back to the resort? Swim of course.

"No swimming!!! Do you have any idea how much I paid for you to be miserable????"

It's like you know us or something.

You'd be surprised what a little intuition, coupled with logical deductions... and many, many hidden cameras can do.

Welcome to the TR! You're new around here, so be prepared for a bit of insanity.
Glad you stopped by! :goodvibes

:yoda: Wise you are

If it's 'found' money, or gifts, I'm positive that it should be spent as foolishly as possible.

It's hard to say no to a new lens.

I know! And I need an ultra-wide zoom in the worst way.
Except I don't want a cheap one that I'll regret (I've had enough of those in my past,)
but I can't quite justify the expense right now.
What made it worse was really wanting the wide... for Disney!

This was me... for days before the trip:
"I need a wide angle zoom lens.
But if I do that, I can't afford Disney.
But if I go to Disney, I need a wide angle zoom lens.
I can't go to Disney without one.
But then I can't afford to go.
I can't afford to go without one.
Yes you can, you just don't want to.
Right, I don't. So get the lens.
Do I need one?" Go back to top and continue looping until loopy.

What astounds me is that it now costs more for my suitcases to go on vacation than it does for me.

:lmao:

I support your logic sir.

I think I like you.
Anyone who refers to me and uses a) logic to describe me and; b) calls me sir.

Well.... You may have just won the contest.

As is your Disney duty. (Insert dooty joke here.)

I would never stoop so low as to use a dooty joke...

:lmao:

Sorry, I crack myself up sometimes.
"Never stoop so low..." :sad2:

We'll be watching....always watching.

Oooohhh, it's like my very own fan club!

Wait...

This isn't a good thing, is it.

Happy to oblige!

Thanks! And :welcome: again!

Hello from the land of misfits. I still haven't finished the last TR, but I am hoping that may change. I seem to have a few slow days coming up soon...

Hi Heather! I was hoping I could coax you out of hiding!

I probably just jinxed myself!

Probably... So...
Bye Heather! It sure was nice seeing you!

Well, Hello anyway. Hopefully this won't be the only time you hear from me. I'm sure T-Man will gently shove me in the proper direction of the TR upon updates if I don't find my way back by myself.

Okay, I'll expect full and complete breakdowns of every word of every update.

No?

I'd love it (if you have the time) if you just read and posted that you did.
Just so I know you're still out there.

Geesh. Does that make me sound desperate?
Well, I am. So I guess that's okay then.

So on board! Your list of must dos R's great, lots of yummy treats in there, look forward to seeing what you do get yo enjoy ;) can't wait for the next update!

Joining in, sounds fun! Like the list of must-dos, I can totally see how these have been accumulated over time.

How nice of you to turn in the Anna & Elsa meet. I wasn't as strong as you. My boys would rather meet Olaf but I snagged A&E last night and you will pry it from my cold, dead hands. :)

So on board! Your list of must dos R's great, lots of yummy treats in there, look forward to seeing what you do get yo enjoy ;) can't wait for the next update!

Hi! Another new reader!
Nice to meet you! And another Canadian to boot!

Welcome!

Question is... how many of those yummy treats did I manage to skarf down????

Joining in, sounds fun! Like the list of must-dos, I can totally see how these have been accumulated over time.

How nice of you to turn in the Anna & Elsa meet. I wasn't as strong as you. My boys would rather meet Olaf but I snagged A&E last night and you will pry it from my cold, dead hands. :)

Hi Colleen! Here I just posted about a first time reader, and another one pops in!
I should warn you both, that this gang can get a little unruly at times.
You've been warned! :laughing:

When you don't go for years, you tend to find yourself saying "I want that" a lot.

A lot.

I see you're trip is coming up soon. Counting the days yet? I guess I'll just have to peruse your PTR to find out.
(Warning, I'm not a big PTR fan, but I'll take a peek.)

:laughing: I love your description of having to pry the A&E greet from your cold, dead hands!
I think we'll get along just fine! :goodvibes:

When is the next update? I'm impatient. I want to know where your room was!!! Maybe you got really lucky and they put you in Calypso?

So I ended up buying the Saab today. It's really nice! :moped:

When is the next update? I'm impatient. I want to know where your room was!!! Maybe you got really lucky and they put you in Calypso?

Working on it as we speak.

I only just posted the first chapter on Wednesday! That's not even a week ago!!!

Oh, the demands of an adoring public.
These are the trials that the truly gifted must face, I suppose.
I know I'm truly gifted because my Mom always said I was 'special'.
Don't know why she rolled her eyes and made a circle around her ear with her finger when she said it...
Still counts.

However, I will take pity on you and your insatiable desire to know where my room was.
I'm not going to come right out and post the room number... gotta save something for the next update!
But I will narrow it down for you just a tad, okay?

Let's see... hmmmm.... ah. Got it.
My room was in....

Florida.

So I ended up buying the Saab today. It's really nice!

Hey! Congrats on the new wheels!
Which model? New? Gently used?
Details!

I'm definitely in! You've got a great sense of humor... already doing a lot of this :rotfl: and some of this :lmao:. Looking forward to lots more!

I'm definitely in! You've got a great sense of humor... already doing a lot of this :rotfl: and some of this :lmao:. Looking forward to lots more!

What??? No :laughing: or :rotfl2:

I'm hurt!
So.... hurt.

Well, Welcome to the TR anyway! Glad you popped over! :goodvibes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter