Canadian Buffoon's Solo Disney Vacation - Update 07/08! pp99 - Here today gone tomorrow

Clearly you have the luck with not only the rain but also with Disney transportation. I'm sure that would qualify you to be the good luck at any type of automotive event!

Exactly! With me there she'd be a lock for a win, right?

An Asian shopping centre? Sounds intriguing.
Plus it was only 10 minutes away.
:scratchin

One thing I didn't expect, was that the entire mall was closed until noon.
:headache: Weren't the hours posted on whatever site you found this place on when you were googling?

What is left in its wake is the largest and best preserved collection
of Victorian-era industrial architecture in North America.
NEAT!

The new owners refuse to lease to chains or franchises.
So instead there are small boutiques, art galleries, restaurants, cafés, and a microbrewery.
Very cool!

In the distance, you might be able to make out the names Gooderham & Worts.
So your telling me some poor shmuck had to walk through life with a last name of Worts? Poor Dude!:rotfl:

Also, take note of the tables and chairs on the near left side of the photo.
K. Noted.

You have to, otherwise you'd just have one eye left.
And if something else catches your eye, then you'd be blind.
It's really a self-preservation thing.
:rolleyes2

I think my favourite store had to be the home-made chocolate shop.
Mmmmmm home-made chocolate!

But what still puzzles me is... I didn't buy anything!
Wait... WHAT?!?!? TRAVESTY!

Remember the tables and chairs in that first photo?
::yes::

Looked kinda inviting, didn't it?

What I am doing is heading back to Wanda's Pie in the Sky.
Hello! There are pies that haven't been tried yet!
I still say you should have gotten some chocolate for the road.

Eventually Ruby showed up.
She freshened up and we were heading out in short order.
Wanna guess how long it takes to get to my Sister's place?
Couldn't possibly be 30 minutes?

Thirty minutes later
:eek::scared1::eek: I'm SHOCKED! SHOCKED I Say!!!!:eek: :rotfl:

And really, how could I be? How would I know?
It's not like I'm sitting, looking over your shoulder as you read.
The camera angle's not right for that.
:wave2:

Because I'm an awesome TR writer and always thinking of you.
:thumbsup2

And now I've completely bored the crap out of you, haven't I?
Not entirely. :rotfl:

I'm in the restricted area between the fences.
Only Press and Indy event staff are allowed there.
Way to go!!:thumbsup2

A few minutes later, I had successfully navigated to the right grandstand.
party:

The button was located... inside the map pocket on the driver's door.
:confused3 What?!? Why would you ever put it there?!?!?!?

I think if they maybe hid it under the seat,
that might have been a stupider place for it?
Actually I think I would look there before looking in a pocket. :confused3

So I explained about the insurance and the price adjustment.
He looked at the receipt in his hand and said. "Looks like it's already taken care of."
The receipt was for the original $212 amount.

Wow. That was easy!
Few! Thank goodness!

But other stuff.
Snacks?
Fun things that are overlooked?
:scratchin

(Everyone know about The Great Piggy Bank Adventure at Epcot?)
Everything on that side of Innoventions (Besides the Visa Meet and Greet) is now closed. I've heard that it has been turned into a lounge area and charge station. Not sure when/if that opens.

Recommended snacks:

-Sweet Cream Cheese Pretzel-
3-18-19-DSSM-308.jpg
We found ours at the Lunching Pad in Tomorrowland.

-The American Dream -
am1.jpg
(Pic from easywdw) I believe we found it at Fife and Drum

-The strawberry tart -
boulangerie-patisserie-strawberry-tart-tarte-fraises.jpg
Found at the France Bakery. It's a family favorite and a must have snack when I'm at Disney.

-Carrot Cake Cookie -
CC-Cookie-Writers-Stop.jpg
You can find this at HS at The Writer's Shop (near Sci FI DIne In) If you are a fan of cream cheese frosting this is a must. and I'm picky about my cream cheese frosting.

As for Fun things and other tips:

- The boats between the Grand and the Poly are pretty pleasant to ride.

- A good in park break at MK is to go ride PeopleMover, then Carousel of Progress, then Monster's Inc Laugh Floor and Peoplemover again. You would be amazed at how refreshed you will be after that. And in the late afternoon they are all pretty much walk on.

-The Incredibles dance party over in tomorrowland in the evening is surprisingly fun. And bonus the characters come around and dance with you. (They don't stop to sign books or pose for pics though)

- The best bathrooms at Epcot are tucked into the same building as Character Spot and accessed via the doors right past Club Cool. Its quiet and the A/C works particularly well in there and the bathrooms aren't used much so are extremely clean.

- When exploring the world showcase Take a boat to either Germany -> Canada or Morocco->Mexico and work your way forward. It really helps you to explore the areas of the world showcase that get skipped a lot due to exhaustion. *Warning- the boats stop running at 7pm!

- Easywdw mentioned something about a new Innoventions exhibit opening on the SUm of all Thrills side sponsored by Gilden called Colortopia. I'm not sure when it opens.

:headache: Weren't the hours posted on whatever site you found this place on when you were googling?

Oh, I'm sure they were. But why would I bother looking for that?
I mean, come on. What mall isn't going to be open by 10:00am?
I mean really!

Um....

oh.

So your telling me some poor shmuck had to walk through life with a last name of Worts? Poor Dude!:rotfl:

Worts and all.

Mmmmmm home-made chocolate!

Wait... WHAT?!?!? TRAVESTY!

I know!
But...

I still say you should have gotten some chocolate for the road.

I don't know if I could.
It would sit in a hot car and melt all over.
There were actually signs all over the store telling you that since it was so pure that you couldn't hold it in your hand.
You were instructed to get a basket instead.

Of course, I could've eaten it to prevent melting.

Nope. Just zoned out.
Eye on the pie, I suppose.

:eek::scared1::eek: I'm SHOCKED! SHOCKED I Say!!!!:eek: :rotfl:

I know! Who'd a thunk it?

Right back atcha.

Not entirely. :rotfl:

Just almost completely, huh?

Way to go!!:thumbsup2

No! It was more like:
"Holy crap! I'm going to get arrested or at the very least tossed out and banned!"

It was a long and arduous journey.

:confused3 What?!? Why would you ever put it there?!?!?!?

I know. So stupid.
I'm sure.... sure... that they must've had a task force of engineers
trying to figure out the absolute dumbest spot.

Actually I think I would look there before looking in a pocket. :confused3

Actually, I think you're right.

Everything on that side of Innoventions (Besides the Visa Meet and Greet) is now closed. I've heard that it has been turned into a lounge area and charge station. Not sure when/if that opens.

I'm hearing similar things.
I hope they make it into something a little more creative than just a lounge area.
You wanna lounge? Go back to your resort.
I paid to get into this theme park, so get themeing!

Sweet Cream Cheese Pretzel

Heard of those, added to the list.

The American Dream

Never heard of that one!
Looked it up and hmmm... reviews are mixed on it.
I'm putting it on the list as a maybe, though.

The strawberry tart

May or may not. So many delectable items to choose from there!
Last time I did the lemon tarte and the creme brulé.

Carrot Cake Cookie

Ah yes. The carrot cake cookie.
Almost ate one years ago. Came close again this past trip.
Will this be the trip that I try one????

- The boats between the Grand and the Poly are pretty pleasant to ride.

- A good in park break at MK is to go ride PeopleMover, then Carousel of Progress, then Monster's Inc Laugh Floor and Peoplemover again. You would be amazed at how refreshed you will be after that. And in the late afternoon they are all pretty much walk on.

-The Incredibles dance party over in tomorrowland in the evening is surprisingly fun. And bonus the characters come around and dance with you. (They don't stop to sign books or pose for pics though)

- The best bathrooms at Epcot are tucked into the same building as Character Spot and accessed via the doors right past Club Cool. Its quiet and the A/C works particularly well in there and the bathrooms aren't used much so are extremely clean.

- When exploring the world showcase Take a boat to either Germany -> Canada or Morocco->Mexico and work your way forward. It really helps you to explore the areas of the world showcase that get skipped a lot due to exhaustion. *Warning- the boats stop running at 7pm!

- Easywdw mentioned something about a new Innoventions exhibit opening on the SUm of all Thrills side sponsored by Gilden called Colortopia. I'm not sure when it opens.

Thanks for all those tips! That's just the stuff I was hoping for.
While I knew some, some I did not. So thanks! :goodvibes

I don't know if I could.
It would sit in a hot car and melt all over.
There were actually signs all over the store telling you that since it was so pure that you couldn't hold it in your hand.
You were instructed to get a basket instead.
That sounds like it was just more of a travesty that you forgot.

Never heard of that one!
Looked it up and hmmm... reviews are mixed on it.
I'm putting it on the list as a maybe, though.
Its a blue raspberry slush, a strawberry slush and vanilla soft serve layered together. It really makes for a great flavor combo.

Thanks for all those tips! That's just the stuff I was hoping for.
While I knew some, some I did not. So thanks! :goodvibes
Glad I could help.

Just found this TR - I have much reading to do...

:welcome: to the insanity! Don't say you weren't warned!

Try not to read it all in one shot, to avoid mental and/or stomach health issues.
By the time you're done, I may have a link to the new one up.
:laughing:

Pacific Mall is an Asian shopping centre surrounded by an existing shopping plaza

The mecca of old pirated DVD's and cheap accessories....

The Distillery District.

Love this place!! Now it's right beside the athletes village for the PanAm games.

the home-made chocolate shop.

Yum...how did you resist that??

Brick Street Bakery.

That sounds really good...I also like the Mill St. Brewery there.

Boxing Day sandwich.

That looked fantastic!!

heading back to Wanda's Pie in the Sky.

Yum...need to get there one day soon.

Possibly the best lemon meringue pie I've ever had.

My fave type of pie. Now I definitely have to get down there.

I got to see my favourite drivers for a bit.

You have favourite drivers? You must really be a fan lol

(Sounds familiar to some of you, hmmmm???)

This happens to me EVERY time I drive anyone's car other than my own. And I always pull up to the wrong side of the pump....sigh...

The mecca of old pirated DVD's and cheap accessories....

That's pretty much the impression I got.
Totally not what I had envisioned.

Love this place!! Now it's right beside the athletes village for the PanAm games.

Didn't know that's where it was.
I wonder just how busy it got?

Yum...how did you resist that??

Oh, that part's easy!
Just mix one part stupidity with one part forgetfulness and voila!

That looked fantastic!!

It was really good. I'd definitely have it again.

Yum...need to get there one day soon.

My fave type of pie. Now I definitely have to get down there.

::yes:: ::yes::

You have favourite drivers? You must really be a fan lol

But of course!
Fave driver, fave team (and they ain't the same), sentimental fave...
And the inverse.
I don't really have anyone I hate but there's a few I don't like much. :laughing:

This happens to me EVERY time I drive anyone's car other than my own. And I always pull up to the wrong side of the pump....sigh...

Stop borrowing cars from people who don't put gas in them!
:laughing:

Hi pkondz
First of all thanks for the tour of the alternative areas to visit when in Toronto quite a few interesting places to go. Is it just me but you seem to get a lot of rain in Canada is there a best month to go when it doesn’t rain We’ve had a exseptianly wet year this year in Jock land The wettest July since the eighteen hundreds and it has still not stopped not very warm either anybody coming across the pond this year should bring a big brolly. I used to think that some of the food prices in Disney were a bit on the high side but made an exception because it was a theme park then your food purchases where nearly the same in Toronto come to the conclusion Disney isn’t too bad after all.
A suggestion for a time filler during the hot section of the afternoon whilst in the magic kingdom would be to walk to the contemporary resort and hire a couple sea raiders and spend an hour zooming around the lake or you could go up in a tandem paraglide on the lake for a half hour

Hi pkondz
First of all thanks for the tour of the alternative areas to visit when in Toronto quite a few interesting places to go. Is it just me but you seem to get a lot of rain in Canada is there a best month to go when it doesn’t rain We’ve had a exseptianly wet year this year in Jock land The wettest July since the eighteen hundreds and it has still not stopped not very warm either anybody coming across the pond this year should bring a big brolly. I used to think that some of the food prices in Disney were a bit on the high side but made an exception because it was a theme park then your food purchases where nearly the same in Toronto come to the conclusion Disney isn’t too bad after all.
A suggestion for a time filler during the hot section of the afternoon whilst in the magic kingdom would be to walk to the contemporary resort and hire a couple sea raiders and spend an hour zooming around the lake or you could go up in a tandem paraglide on the lake for a half hour

My suggestion would be to do the Wilderness Explorer "game" at Animal Kingdom. Just as you walk up to the Tree of Life, you will see some nice people dressed like Wilderness Explorers from "Up". Just give the Wilderness Explorer call and you too could soon be filling in blanks with stickers. I suggest that you visit Conservation Station to get the maximum number of stickers for the least amount of time invested, plus, it's fun!

Just caught up with your TR, absolutely phenomenal. I hope that you will being doing a TR for your next trip!

Hi pkondz

Hey, Mac!

First of all thanks for the tour of the alternative areas to visit when in Toronto quite a few interesting places to go.

You're welcome! :)

Is it just me but you seem to get a lot of rain in Canada

It's just you.

Actually, I suppose it's the same as anywhere else. Dry years and wet years, dry seasons and wet seasons.

is there a best month to go when it doesn’t rain

Yes! If you come in winter, I can almost guarantee no rain.
(snow, yes. But rain? No. :rolleyes1)

Seriously,
The summer months are usually drier. Spring usually has more rain. Fall is a mixed bag.
The prairies (central Canada) is typically drier than the coasts, the areas around the Great Lakes get more thunderstorms.
But that's generalizing, of course. You can have a rain filled summer on the prairies while the coasts have none.
Canada's a big place.

We’ve had a exseptianly wet year this year in Jock land The wettest July since the eighteen hundreds and it has still not stopped not very warm either anybody coming across the pond this year should bring a big brolly.

I'd heard about that. Our East coast has been getting similar weather.

I used to think that some of the food prices in Disney were a bit on the high side but made an exception because it was a theme park then your food purchases where nearly the same in Toronto come to the conclusion Disney isn’t too bad after all.

Hmmmm.... depends, I suppose.
A couple of years ago, if a burger was the same price in WDW and Canada then yes.
But right now, with the CDN dollar hovering around 75 cents to the US dollar. That means that same $4 hamburger now costs me $5.25.
Generally speaking, restaurant/food costs are higher in Canada than in the US.
I didn't look to see how the CDN dollar has been trending in relation to the Pound.

I actually looked into that!
She's too young to drive a sea raider on her own though, so I don't think she'd be interested.
I also looked at the tandem paraglide and I suspect we are just over the 330lb limit they have
and it's too pricey to do two single rides.
But thanks anyway for the "outside the box" suggestions! :goodvibes

Woops silly me posted twice

Actually, that makes three! :laughing:

My suggestion would be to do the Wilderness Explorer "game" at Animal Kingdom. Just as you walk up to the Tree of Life, you will see some nice people dressed like Wilderness Explorers from "Up". Just give the Wilderness Explorer call and you too could soon be filling in blanks with stickers. I suggest that you visit Conservation Station to get the maximum number of stickers for the least amount of time invested, plus, it's fun!

I'll have to look into that more.
My impression was that it was more for really little kids.
Guess I was wrong! :laughing:

Pretty sure Kay wants to go to the Conservation Station anyway.

Just caught up with your TR, absolutely phenomenal. I hope that you will being doing a TR for your next trip!

Hey! Another Canuck! :welcome: to the TR!

I was wondering why I was attracting so many of my fellow countrymen....
until I realized that the TR title might have something to do with it. :laughing:

And to answer your question...
Yep. I'll be doing one for the upcoming trip.

Haven't decided if I'll start it just before I go or wait until I get back.

Decisions, decisions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter