Canadian Buffoon's Disney With a Teen Vacation - 08/13 - The Wrap

Well, there are small amounts of colour creeping into the grey and black wardrobe. She says she plans to stop dying her hair at Christmas time. But of course, that is after the nose piercing and the first tattoo...

OMG. Do you have any idea how many times Kay has insisted that she needs... needs! a nose piercing?
"But so and so has one!" "So and so's parents let her have one!"

At least the tattooing took care of itself. Apparently it's illegal if you're under 18. Sweet!

OMG. Do you have any idea how many times Kay has insisted that she needs... needs! a nose piercing?
"But so and so has one!" "So and so's parents let her have one!"

At least the tattooing took care of itself. Apparently it's illegal if you're under 18. Sweet!
Are you sure about tattoos being illegal until 18 in Canada? I got my first tattoo at 16 y/o at Clifton Hill lol

I'm sorry - I don't mean to be a bad influence on Kay. I will say that at no time did I appear supportive in any of the planning or questioning process.

:laughing: Okay, noted!

My position was very firm that no holes in faces are needed, and that perhaps she should get a job before proceeding with tattoos.

Interesting about the job...
Kay is quite firm in her position that since Elle didn't get a job until she was 16, then she won't.

Nevermind that Elle was babysitting on a regular basis for years prior.

I also did no driving to/from any appointments.

Ruby was different. Elle was adamant about getting a tattoo for over a year.
So Ruby went with her.

That being said, the tattoo is a matching father/daughter celtic love knot on her leg, and can be easily covered.

Nice. So does that mean your DH has one? Got one? Will get one?

The nose pierce is very small (currently) and has not gotten to any scary infection or oozing point. And really, what can you do once they are 18?

I don't mind them.
But I am seeing more and more young ladies with noticeable marks on their noses
where they've obviously had a piercing at one time.
And either from work, personal choice or medical necessity have removed them.

I categorically refuse to let Kay get her nose done until she's 18.
And then yes, you can't stop them then.

And here's how cute she was when we started up with Disney, just for reference:

disneylandjuly2005ariel-jpg.135103

She's the youngest. And how cute were they all 10 years ago!

I'm sorry... it took me 20 minutes to notice your kids... :rolleyes2

Your girls remind me so much of mine at that age. Hats and pink outfits included.

Are you sure about tattoos being illegal until 18 in Canada? I got my first tattoo at 16 y/o at Clifton Hill lol

I looked it up.
There's a bylaw in Winnipeg that if you are under 18 you need parental consent
and the parent has to be present during the procedure.
It's known that the rules are bent often.
However, the more reputable shops tell the kids no,
then they see them a while later because the kid's gone down the street
and gotten a crappy tattoo.

When Ruby and Elle went, the tattoo parlour told them they wouldn't do it until she was 18.

So she waited and got it done then.

"If you ride the PeopleMover." He said.
"You can see Space Mountain with the lights on."

Bummer for SM being down but getting to see the lights on may actually be even better! Love the Peoplemover, and my feet usually thank me for riding it.

Good guess on not being done in MK! You can never get enough time in MK. YAY for points for you! :cool1: Yeah MK doesn't have a buffet option that isn't a character meal, does it? I guess I've never thought about that before. I would have loved to see the CM's face when you said that you didn't want to meet Tigger! hahahaha:tigger: Hopefully the food was good!

:rotfl2:
Oh my word this cracks me up!

I'm horrible on BLSRS too! The galaxy would definitely be in trouble if I was in charge of saving it. I never seem to know which little red dot is mine! lol

Nope. Just not feeling like trying to eat a dessert meant for six.
Kay ordered the Fudge Mudslide while I had the No Way Jose.
Which (after the Sink) was #1 on my list.

P1020896_zpsdsovzekr.jpg

Probably a good choice to not order the kitchen sink if you weren't super hungry. It's such a fun experience but we are a family of 6 and went into it with empty stomachs and could barely finish it! Your picks look amazing. I think I'm going to have to try the No Way Jose next time!

Bonus questions, round 6!
We're off to the last park we haven't seen yet!
Epcot!

What time does Kay wake up?
Hint: It ain't early.
My guess is 10:16

What ride do we go on that costs us time
because we FP'd it?
I know that Test Track can sometimes have an insanely long FP line, so that's my guess.

What drink has been on my list for ages...
And I finally drink (for the first time.)
hmmm, there are a ton of drink options in Epcot so this is a hard one. Have you tried the Beverly? I'm not sure.... If that's it, I do hope you post a pic of your face after trying it! Could also be a margarita in Mexico or a Grapefruit beer in Germany. Ahhh, what to pick? Can you tell that I have a really hard time making decisions, Ha! OK I'm going to go with Grey Goose Slush from France.

We have park hoppers.
Do we use them today?
Nope, not this day.

And finally... lots of choices here.
Where's our Dinner ADR for?

Good luck!
Rose & Crown

Bummer for SM being down but getting to see the lights on may actually be even better!

Hadn't ridden it in ages, but....
"Go ride the Peoplemover, the lights are on."

<Big grin!>

:laughing:

Love the Peoplemover, and my feet usually thank me for riding it.

They do? Wow!
My feet don't speak... at least not to me.
They sometimes hurt and are sometimes tired... but they've yet to say anything.

Good guess on not being done in MK! You can never get enough time in MK. YAY for points for you! :cool1:

I rock!

Yeah MK doesn't have a buffet option that isn't a character meal, does it? I guess I've never thought about that before. I would have loved to see the CM's face when you said that you didn't want to meet Tigger! hahahaha:tigger: Hopefully the food was good!

Actually, it obviously wasn't the first time.
She didn't seem perturbed in the least!
She just nodded politely and moved on.

:rotfl2: Oh my word this cracks me up!

:laughing: Glad you like it! We had fun making it.
I think one of the best parts was the other guests who were waiting their turn, cracking up.

I'm horrible on BLSRS too! The galaxy would definitely be in trouble if I was in charge of saving it. I never seem to know which little red dot is mine! lol

So between you and me... we suck.

Probably a good choice to not order the kitchen sink if you weren't super hungry. It's such a fun experience but we are a family of 6 and went into it with empty stomachs and could barely finish it! Your picks look amazing. I think I'm going to have to try the No Way Jose next time!

If six of you couldn't do it, it makes me even more glad we didn't try it!
And I would highly recommend the No Way Jose.
Possibly one of the best ice cream dishes I've ever had.

My guess is 10:16

I know that Test Track can sometimes have an insanely long FP line, so that's my guess.

hmmm, there are a ton of drink options in Epcot so this is a hard one. Have you tried the Beverly? I'm not sure.... If that's it, I do hope you post a pic of your face after trying it! Could also be a margarita in Mexico or a Grapefruit beer in Germany. Ahhh, what to pick? Can you tell that I have a really hard time making decisions, Ha! OK I'm going to go with Grey Goose Slush from France.

Nope, not this day.

Rose & Crown

Noted.

Yup - 4 total now. I only have 3. So I really couldn't disapprove that much, could I? But I did get my first at the respectable age of 30.

Well, that's a grand total of 7 more tattoos than I have.
Not because I have anything against it...
just haven't thought of anything that I permanently want on me.

At least not until my DDs said "Marvin the Martian!" :laughing:

Already employed!

:lmao:

Awww, I picked that picture 'specially for you! :love:

And believe me... I really, really appreciate that!

:earseek:
You know that family?
Oh, you know the one.
You hear them all the time. "Do you have any idea how much I paid for this! Stop crying!"
oh my gosh we sure do the worst one ever was one time at around 2am during emh at mk I saw some really horrible "those families"

Well it's funny being a So Cal AP holder. Andy had a similar comment on my other thread when I mentioned that "we had a hankering for a corn dog, so we went to Disneyland." It took a while for me to get used to as well. I spent about 15 years in So Cal where Disneyland meant you go for one day and do EVERYTHING you can possibly fit in and then you don't go again for a year or more.

we do that too! love the hot link corn dog at dca been known to do that after work or heck head up there for an emergency ice cream fix at Gibson girl,

Yeah, see above for So Cal AP holder mentality. It's a whole different ballgame, and kind of fun!
:earseek:

oh my gosh we sure do the worst one ever was one time at around 2am during emh at mk I saw some really horrible "those families"

Why on earth are you dragging a poor kid around at 2am?
And don't tell me "Because we can" or "Because the park's open" or .... "Do you know how much we paid..."
Blah, blah, blah.
Take the kid back to the hotel for some rest, for Pete's sake!

People. :sad2:

"

We raced over to the WEDway Peoplemover.
Yes. I know it might be known to you as
the Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover.
And that's just wrong.
I don't care what it says on the brochure.
It was originally the WEDway Peoplemover.
While I'm not overly averse to change,
taking Walt's initials out is definitely not the right way to go!
If you're going to change it,
possibly because people don't know what WED stands for,
then name it the Walter Elias Disney Peoplemover!

From your mouth to Bob Iger's ear. Sadly, I suspect he's a bit hard of hearing!!!

I don't think that Walt will ever be completely eradicated from the parks, but he has definitely been marginalized in recent years. That being said, though, one of my pet peeves is Disney fans who think they know exactly what Walt would have loved/hated about the parks. I think if he had lived long enough to see WDW open it might have looked a lot different than it eventually did because he was always coming up with newer and better ideas and he never hesitated to scrap something if he wasn't happy with it. I'm sure he would love some of what WDW is today and also hate some of it. And I don't think any of us can be certain which things he would love or hate.

Ahem. Sorry, that soapbox was just sitting there. I'll get down now. :oops:

How about that WEDway Peoplemover, huh? And you got to see SM under the lights! This happened to us on our very first trip when DS was 5. It hasn't happened again in 30 years and over 20 trips. So you definitely got lucky!

What can I say about 7DMT.
It's a coaster... so that's a good thing.
But sometimes it's more like a dark ride,
reminiscent of the old Snow White's Scary Adventure.
And that's okay... but I'd prefer full coaster.
And as a coaster... well, it's pretty tame.
Don't get me wrong.
I rode it. Had fun.
But it's not a priority.
BTMRR. That's a priority!

I'm very fond of 7DMT. I didn't get to ride it until months after it opened and by then I had read a zillion opinions about it, most of them negative. So I went in with zero expectations, and the ride easily exceeded them. My only complaint is that it ends too soon. I think the cottage scene should have been expanded and another fast section added at the end.

But I absolutely do agree with you that BTMRR is a better ride. One of WDW's best, in fact. :thumbsup2

Soon we were heading in to meet.... HER.

I was really anxious to meet her.
I mean, this wouldn't be my first time...
I'd met her once before when the girls were little.
But that time I was the "stand off to the side" Dad.
This time, I was gonna get some one on one time with her.

And wouldn't you know it.
Kay just had to try and butt in!
I mean... what the heck? This is my princess!
Get your own!

This just tickles me so much. I can't even imagine how many eye rolls you were getting from Kay during your interlude under the sea. And I totally get it about Ariel being "your" princess. I used to drag my kid all around the country so I could meet Star Trek actors at conventions. He was always a willing accomplice! I think they think we're "cute" when we get all fangirly. Fanboyish?

Earlier in the day, Kay had noticed
(as does everyone) that there were horseshoe prints
set into the concrete in Liberty Square.
But she also noticed (I did not) that they weren't just
horseshoes.
They were Maximus' shoe prints (from Tangled.)

I've never noticed them! That settles it, now I have to go back.

We stumbled up to our room
and in a very (very!) short time
were in our beds and drifting off to sleep.

While outside, a torrential rain began to fall.

You know you're having a great vacation when even the weather cooperates!!:umbrella:

What time does Kay wake up?
Hint: It ain't early.

What ride do we go on that costs us time
because we FP'd it?

What drink has been on my list for ages...
And I finally drink (for the first time.)

We have park hoppers.
Do we use them today?

And finally... lots of choices here.
Where's our Dinner ADR for?
[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna be boring once again and agree with the majority.
1. 10:45
2. Test Track
3. Grey Goose slushy
4. No hopping today
5. Via Napoli

we do that too! love the hot link corn dog at dca been known to do that after work or heck head up there for an emergency ice cream fix at Gibson girl,

So are you local too? From what I can tell you seem to be from AZ, not quite as close as we are or am I missing something? :confused3

From your mouth to Bob Iger's ear. Sadly, I suspect he's a bit hard of hearing!!!

Sorry, what?

I don't think that Walt will ever be completely eradicated from the parks, but he has definitely been marginalized in recent years. That being said, though, one of my pet peeves is Disney fans who think they know exactly what Walt would have loved/hated about the parks. I think if he had lived long enough to see WDW open it might have looked a lot different than it eventually did because he was always coming up with newer and better ideas and he never hesitated to scrap something if he wasn't happy with it. I'm sure he would love some of what WDW is today and also hate some of it. And I don't think any of us can be certain which things he would love or hate.

You're not alone. I've seen a few posts that start with "Walt would be spinning in his grave"
or "Walt wouldn't stand for this or that"...
And usually, within a post or three, someone will come along and say pretty much what you just said.

With Walt gone, we'll never know what could have been.
It's entirely possible that if he'd remained in control that the parks might have gone belly up due to
gross mis-management and over spending!
We'll never know!

On the other hand, maybe the parks would be way better.
But...
I'm sure... positive... that if Walt was still around and decided to change or close an attraction,
those same people who complain would still be complaining.
Maybe even.... "If only Walt wasn't in charge and Roy called the shots!"

Ahem. Sorry, that soapbox was just sitting there. I'll get down now. :oops:

That's okay. I'm the one who put it there.
It's for everyone's use.

How about that WEDway Peoplemover, huh? And you got to see SM under the lights! This happened to us on our very first trip when DS was 5. It hasn't happened again in 30 years and over 20 trips. So you definitely got lucky!

You heard it here first folks! I got lucky on the Peoplemover!!

However... 20 trips!
That's a lot of drives (or do you fly from New York?)

I'm very fond of 7DMT. I didn't get to ride it until months after it opened and by then I had read a zillion opinions about it, most of them negative. So I went in with zero expectations, and the ride easily exceeded them.

I don't know if I need to clarify my position here.
I like 7DMT.
I like it better than Pooh... or the WEDway Peoplemover. :laughing:
But it is not a high adrenalin, edge of your seat ride either.
And that's what I really like... within reason.
My insanity laced riding days are mostly behind me, I think.

So while I "like" 7DMT, I love BTMRR.

But I think, for me, 7DMT is a once and done (per MK visit) ride.
Whereas HM, PP, BTMRR fit into the "once is not enough" category.

My only complaint is that it ends too soon. I think the cottage scene should have been expanded and another fast section added at the end.

It's definitely short. And I really wonder if it's not designed that way on purpose.
I look at it as a child's first "real" coaster.
So don't make it too long, too fast or too scary.

And I could be totally wrong, too.

Wow. You can totally tell that I've been up for over 24 hours.
I'm babbling.

But I absolutely do agree with you that BTMRR is a better ride. One of WDW's best, in fact. :thumbsup2

::yes::

(Brevity! All is not lost!)

This just tickles me so much. I can't even imagine how many eye rolls you were getting from Kay during your interlude under the sea.

:laughing: None, actually!
I think she was being a good sport and a fair one, too.
Since she made me go on Tea Cups, she wanted to make sure we did something
I wanted to do.

And I totally get it about Ariel being "your" princess. I used to drag my kid all around the country so I could meet Star Trek actors at conventions. He was always a willing accomplice! I think they think we're "cute" when we get all fangirly. Fanboyish?

:laughing:
Speaking of Star Trek, I just saw Gates McFadden here in Winnipeg at Comic Con.

(Full disclosure: If it weren't for you guys and this TR, I never would've gone to see Ariel.)

I've never noticed them! That settles it, now I have to go back.

pkondz. Specializing in providing excuses for people to return to WDW

You know you're having a great vacation when even the weather cooperates!!:umbrella:

Right up until that point, at least...

I'm gonna be boring once again and agree with the majority.
1. 10:45
2. Test Track
3. Grey Goose slushy
4. No hopping today
5. Via Napoli

Noted.

So are you local too? From what I can tell you seem to be from AZ, not quite as close as we are or am I missing something? :confused3

If you click on her avatar, it says she's from So Cal in her profile.

Another great update! Always look forward to it being a highlight of the day. I'm already getting sad that it could be half over:sad:
That means you better start planning a trip now (somewhere!) so we won't go through withdrawls::yes::

Just so you know, muiti-quote still hates me. I know I've done it in the past. I highlight it, click quote, it says it's added. When I go down and click insert quotes I get error message "The selected messages could not be found" HUH? I figure I must have done something to computer that messed it up. Did the old copy/paste.
I guess I'm the "problem child" of this thread!

Enough about me.
Because we know it's REALLY ALL ABOUT YOU!
Kay too. But since she's not on here, and I can hear you say "not doing the work" You can get the attention.

We raced over to the WEDway Peoplemover
Once again, get pic while on this ride. I've seen the mandatory shoe shot before and will have to make sure we get one in our album next year
Ahhhhh..... My princess.
Ariel. Complete with fish tail, of course.

Did you get FP? Big yes if it was available! Knew you'd get pic proof. Fun that Kay got into the staged one. Maybe next time you could really get alone time, with a pic of only the two of you!
So that's how we wound up with an ADR for Crystal Palace.
Yeah for you for choosing the right restaurant! Since it totally wasn't even on the grid for me to guess. Don't know what to do about these kind of places next time since we won't have kids. Never been to CP so it might be nice to try but really not there for the characters. I'm sure I will take pics with some on our trip but not going to go out of my way.
They were Maximus' shoe prints (from Tangled.)
Nice one kay! Very observant, kind of like when you get to Splash....
It was right about then, that I noticed, for the first time,
that the loading area is open to the sky.
When you were making fun of kay, I was thinking...But it is opened, right? I know it's been 10 years but I thought it was. Thought you might have know since you've been there how many time since my last visit? Once again, thank goodness Kay was along!

Beaches and Cream looked sooo good.
Have to admit I went with the crowd on this one because it did seem like a good choice. I first thought you'd make a run for ZDs but knew it wouldn't need a ADR
Don't know if I'll get to do something like that. We have a long list of new for us/old for others to do. I mean I've never been on TSMM!

What a full day you had! Glad to know about getting a cab for the future. Strange, really no change?

Guesses:
Kay got up at 10:12
FP ride Nemo
Gray Goose Slushie
Did NOT hop
ADR: Teppan Edo

Changing bus time to: 49

Why on earth are you dragging a poor kid around at 2am?
And don't tell me "Because we can" or "Because the park's open" or .... "Do you know how much we paid..."
Blah, blah, blah.
Take the kid back to the hotel for some rest, for Pete's sake!

People. :sad2:
I worked for the mouse and people can be terrible to their kids. Kids are crying and exhausted, just bring them back! The worst was the 24 hour event!

read your post about the corndogs to lance and now we are both starting to get inkling to head up there this week lol
but first time to finish up planting our first phase of winter garden

I am south east of you in wildomar, but grew up in downey. we do get heat like az tho lol

I had to Google Wildomar. You're close enough a day trip is doable, but turning around and going home would require serious pondering after braving the 91!

read your post about the corndogs to lance and now we are both starting to get inkling to head up there this week lol
but first time to finish up planting our first phase of winter garden

Season of the Force kicks off tomorrow, that's a great reason to go! We are!

Yep. The WEDway Peoplemover, of course.

Of course!

True. But I, of course, was a perfect gentleman.
No sense in getting punched immediately after meeting.

That usually doesn't happen until I open my mouth.

So when was it that that happened. I think there's gotta be, well, hopefully there is, a story to this.

If I'm there, than I am the present.

Well, that is certainly a point well made.

She's gotta stand in line, just like everyone else.

Does she have to grow a tail too?

Saw? What's this "saw" you speak of.
Do you not notice which hand I'm shoving Kay away with?
The one that just happens to be out of her line of sight?

Actually, when I posted the photo, I assumed someone would point that out.
So far... no one else has.

I just point out the obvious. I actually had to use that line a fair amount in Crapistan. I'd ask if their wives would be joining us for dinner too... Worked every time.

Oh, yes. Head of the class in fact.

We all have our talents. Good to be good at something, right?

So you're suspicious of him too?

I'm suspicious of EVERYONE for a while....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter