Canadian Buffoon's DISmeet vacation - 09/14 - Bowled Over

That was quite a bit of driving for one day! I love that each poker chip is different. What language is on the outside circle? So sorry, but your dinner looks like cafeteria food. I’m glad it was good though. I had to go back and look for Marvin on the weather vain. I kept looking in that shop at all the signs!!! There was a ton only stuff in there. I bet it was interesting to look around.
I meant to ask earlier... Did you get the promotion?

Well, shoot!
But it's not too late.

Very good chance I'll head that way again
in the not too distant future. :)

Ah....
I remember those days.
Elle (almost 21) took dance
from the time she was 2.

Ballet? Tap? Jazz?
All the above?

Well, if you're ever back this way- let me know. We're in Buffalo, so not far at all from Albertville/Elk River.
She is 5 and this is her 2nd year. So far, she does Ballet and Tap. We had pictures last week, and a recital in June. I think we both love it!

D246727A-F8BC-4FB8-AA47-CEAC86C014EA.jpeg

Last edited:
Well, if you're ever back this way- let me know. We're in Buffalo, so not far at all from Albertville/Elk River.

Okay! Sounds good. :)

She is 5 and this is her 2nd year. So far, she does Ballet and Tap. We had pictures last week, and a recital in June. I think we both love it!

It's a fun time.
Just.... Don't become one
of those dance moms.

They're out there.

Yeah, I like to start mine around pg. 6 too. ;)

You too???

Or a good case of constipation.

That only appears to happen

Bee Gees for the win!!!!

:laughing:

Whoops!

:drinking1

Oregon Winter? :confused3

Okay... Pasty-er.

I like the way that one rolls off the tongue.

Does have a certain...
weirdness about it.

Impressive.

Thanks! :)

I read the first sentence, and thought the EXACT same thing you followed up with. The best food is often found in the worst dives.

::yes::
Best hot dog I ever had...
Was at the grungiest place
I'd ever eaten at.

Looks pretty much like a Cracker Barrel.

I guess it does?
I've only been in one once.

Of fly. And have the chips sent. But that, I suppose would defeat the purpose of the hunt.

Yep. I have to be there.
It's why I tell people not
to get me poker chips.
Nice thought, but...

He's so vain! I'll bet he thought this post was about him... he's sooo-ooo- vain!!!

Thanks for the PM explaining
what you meant!

I admit. I'm a dolt!

That was quite a bit of driving for one day!

Probably too much!

I love that each poker chip is different.

That's why I collect them.
Otherwise, wouldn't be much point.

What language is on the outside circle?

It's a secret language
that is only known
to owners of Harley
Davidson motorcycles.

It's called...

English.

(You're just looking
at it upside down.;))

So sorry, but your dinner looks like cafeteria food.

I will freely admit that
I was very disappointed
when they brought it out.

But the taste made up for it. :)

I’m glad it was good though.

I had to go back and look for Marvin on the weather vain. I kept looking in that shop at all the signs!!!

Sometimes it's easy,
sometimes it's not.

There was a ton only stuff in there. I bet it was interesting to look around.

I didn't spend too much time
perusing.
I got taken to my table,
and afterwards I just
wanted to lie down.

I meant to ask earlier... Did you get the promotion?

Nope. Younger guy got it.
I will admit that due to
Kay's surgery I didn't
prepare as well as I'd like.

But... I didn't know if I
wanted it or not.
Extra work. Extra responsibility.
Less pay.

Sorry about the promotion. I also hope Kay is feeling much better!

Don't worry- I'll never be one of those dance moms. Ain't no one got time for that!

It's called...

English.
Hmmm... Interesting!

Nope. Younger guy got it.
I will admit that due to
Kay's surgery I didn't
prepare as well as I'd like.

But... I didn't know if I
wanted it or not.
Extra work. Extra responsibility.
Less pay.
I’m so sorry. Some things work out for the best. I hope Kay is doing better. Did you get her a bell to ring for when she needs something?

Missed the life update about the promotion (sorry, although at least you don't have to agonize about accepting it) and about Kay.

I'll go back to find that.

Last edited:
Sashay?
I was having enough
trouble staying vertical!

Then congrats on being an upstanding gentleman.

Not an easy one to find, is it?

:sad2:

But a really good one!

Well.... while I really
appreciate the thought...

I only collect from places
I've been to myself.

That way when someone points
to the jar and says:
"Did you go to all of those yourself?"

I can honestly say "Yes."

Good policy. If all your traveling friends supplied you with chips, I imagine it would get out of hand. Like tribbles.

Okay.... that's really not good! :eek:

It was pretty crappy.

When we were in line to board our flight, we were near the exit of the rest rooms. We watched people coming out of there with horrified expressions on their faces.

:scared1:

We were relieved that we were able to wait until we got on the plane to go.

So... road trips not your thing.

Not.At.All!

We had to drive (rental cars) on just 2 vacations in the past 14 years- Hawaii and Yellowstone.

Funny, my youngest son's dream vacation that he planned for this summer and pitched to us via a Powerpoint presentation is a two-week, multi-state visit to all of the US Civil War sites from Pennsylvania to Virginia (with a half-day planned at a beach because I love the ocean).

Sorry, son. I don't think that is going to happen.

And the driving part is not even the top reason why.

:(

Why?

:rolleyes1

Wait! Maybe he'll be the one!

Odds are against it!

On the plus save, we are saving thousands of dollars by not having to add teenaged boys to our car insurance.

Well, actually....

I probably shouldn't
have done it either. ;)

But I assume you learned your lesson.

Missed the life update about the promotion (sorry, although at least you don't have to agonize about accepting it)

no worries.
Kinda glad I didn't. :)

and about Kay.

Thanks.

Then congrats on being an upstanding gentleman.

That's me.
Outstanding in my field.
i.e. Too stupid to come
in out of the rain.

Good policy. If all your traveling friends supplied you with chips, I imagine it would get out of hand. Like tribbles.

It was pretty crappy.

When we were in line to board our flight, we were near the exit of the rest rooms. We watched people coming out of there with horrified expressions on their faces.

:scared1:
We were relieved that we were able to wait until we got on the plane to go.

Ew.

just... ew.

Not.At.All!

We had to drive (rental cars) on just 2 vacations in the past 14 years- Hawaii and Yellowstone.

And how was that?

Funny, my youngest son's dream vacation that he planned for this summer and pitched to us via a Powerpoint presentation is a two-week, multi-state visit to all of the US Civil War sites from Pennsylvania to Virginia (with a half-day planned at a beach because I love the ocean).

Sorry, son. I don't think that is going to happen.

I can see that.

And the driving part is not even the top reason why.

:(

Oh? what is?

On the plus save, we are saving thousands of dollars by not having to add teenaged boys to our car insurance.

But I assume you learned your lesson.

It's like you don't
even know me!

That's me.
Outstanding in my field.
i.e. Too stupid to come
in out of the rain.

outstanding.jpg

And how was that?

Necessary.

For the Hawaii trip, we visited Oahu, Maui and the Big Island, but only drove in Maui. I forgot to pack the glasses I wear when I drive because I never take them on vacation. Before we had even left the airport, we got lost and my son commented "I don't like this!" But it was ok. There was one main road that we mostly used. But Hana highway? No way THAT was happening!

Yellowstone was fine, too. Great signage, plenty of places to pull off the road easily to spot wildlife.

Oh? what is?

Did you miss the part about two WEEKS visiting battle sites and monuments? Gettysburg, cool, but stopping at every monument along the east coast. Not so much! And not a rollercoaster on the itinerary!

outstanding-jpg.311271

Yep. That's me.

Necessary.

For the Hawaii trip, we visited Oahu, Maui and the Big Island, but only drove in Maui. I forgot to pack the glasses I wear when I drive because I never take them on vacation. Before we had even left the airport, we got lost and my son commented "I don't like this!" But it was ok. There was one main road that we mostly used. But Hana highway? No way THAT was happening!

But it was such a nice drive!
Well... the backside of the island
might've bothered you,
but you could always to back
the way you came.

Yellowstone was fine, too. Great signage, plenty of places to pull off the road easily to spot wildlife.

Nice! Must remember that.

Did you miss the part about two WEEKS visiting battle sites and monuments? Gettysburg, cool, but stopping at every monument along the east coast. Not so much! And not a rollercoaster on the itinerary!

:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter