Canadian Buffoon European Vacation - 30/03 - Endings and Silver Linings

Ah Muchen! I spent a wonder Oktoberfest there in 1999.

And you remember it????

:worship:

I would have totally taken the 5series!!! What a great car on the autobahn.

I did!

And no regrets, either!

BMW has a program where you can buy a car at the factory and drive it for a couple of weeks and then ship it to the States as a "used" car which makes it a lot cheaper (well, cheaper is relative!)...I had a coworker buy one that way a couple of years ago.

Huh! No issues with different emission standards or anything?

Although, I can't see myself doing it.....

I'm gonna buy a new car! But I'm gonna get it "used" and save a bundle!
First buy airline tickets for $1,000... ummm... wait....

Yeah, yeah. I know. If you're already there, blah, blah, blah....

I'll look into it on my next trip, ok?

Southern Germany is so beautiful! Hopefully you found time to visit Neuschwanstein!

Is that some kind of pig meat?

Oh, all right. I know what it is.

Sheesh, rough crowd today.

We just got to Bavaria, you'll have to wait and see.

Oh, wait. I already mentioned way back at the start of this thing that we did.

nevermind.

Great update, Ponzi!

Thanks!

One of these days I will make it to Munich. My husband and kids were there a few years ago, and we have a picture of hubby at the Hofbrauhaus, looking very inebriated but laughing hysterically to prove it.

Wait...
They ditched you?

No, Marita! You can't come!

And I hate to bust your bubble, my 10 year old Honda Civic has turn signals that turn themselves off after the turn, lol.

hmmmm.....

Just want to make sure we're on the same page.
These signals didn't just turn off with turns, but with lane changes.
We have a Civic too, and they only turn off if you turn the wheel enough.

A little bit of education about German food, Spatzle are strictly a southern German food, you won't find them in the north (nor at my house since I'm from up north, lol)

Did not know that.... but you will find it at my house.
As a matter of fact, Kay has just demanded some for her birthday supper.

great update as usual Ponzi, and love the pics.
was so glad to see Nebo back on the boards also.

Thanks Bets!

Nebo?
Nebo.... hmmm.... sounds familiar.....
Is it bigger then a bread basket!

just saw this post
no worries smidgy lance is doing well, cranky because he is going stir crazy being pretty much cooped up. Down side is that crutches stink they just pain stink. and while does not have too much damage from the stroke the right arm is just not as strong as it was. at our dismeet with the thumpers and you and nebo you more than likely didn't notice any of the residual damage from that event.
we are just waiting for the cast to come off and see if we need to get him one of those scooters on our trip or not

Crutches with a weak arm must be tough.
I was on crutches for six weeks when I was in my teens.
You use your arms.... a lot.

In Europe, Coca Cola is running this advertising campaign where they put people's names or types on Coke bottles.
It seems to work, since a few times I saw people hunting for specific bottles to purchase.
Kay was particularly pleased with this one.

In case you can't decipher the German, her bottle says "Princess" on it.

Now had this been Lady H or myself, we would've bought one of each and brought them home with us. We collect Coca Cola stuff. By stuff I mean everything from unopend Coca Cola Bottles, dishes, right down to the Coca Cola Bears. The fun part would be getting these bottles back through Customs, but man I would love to have that bottle for our collection.

Now had this been Lady H or myself, we would've bought one of each and brought them home with us. We collect Coca Cola stuff. By stuff I mean everything from unopend Coca Cola Bottles, dishes, right down to the Coca Cola Bears. The fun part would be getting these bottles back through Customs, but man I would love to have that bottle for our collection.

Aw Man!!!
We so could have/would have brought stuff back!

We'd see people rooting through all the Cokes just to find that 'one'.

I think I might've had the princess one myself once. :laughing:

Just found this report! How fun! Can't wait to read more.......:goodvibes

Welcome! Glad you found us.
We're a little off beat... no... wait...
We're a lot off beat, so don't let that throw ya.

hmmm.... cindermomma....

I keep picturing an indignant momma saying something like,
"Now don't you go makin' an ash outta yourself again!"

But 'ashmomma' doesn't sound as good as cindermomma on the DIS.

I know your exact dilemma with the 5 series. My FIL has the same car. Last Christmas I had to shuffle a bunch of cars in the driveway. Grabbed his keys, hopped in, hit the button, and nuthin'. Probably took about 5-10 minutes to figure out the right combo. Nice car, but for an SUV driver I can't believe how low to the ground it is. Also, I'm 6'3" and FIL is 6'5". My kids were very UNhappy with the rear accommodations with both of us up front.

Just found this thread. How amazing! have only gotten through about 1/2 of the pages but wanted to mention that my DD is turning 16 this august. I loved in your original post when you mentioned getting a car at 16. In my mind that is what i want to do. get her a slightly used (like 3 years old) car. Well , she wants a party.

I'm about to say no to both but I have a little more time. a little (her birthday is in august).

Aw Man!!!
We so could have/would have brought stuff back!

We'd see people rooting through all the Cokes just to find that 'one'.

I think I might've had the princess one myself once. :laughing:

So do we need to start calling you Princess now? Is that what the P stands for in Pkondz?

I really couldn't see myself asking you to bring back full bottles of Coke from Europe and then sending them to us. I appreciate the thought.

On the other hand, I have no hesitation in asking if the Coke bottles are different in Canada then they are here in the USA.

I know your exact dilemma with the 5 series. My FIL has the same car. Last Christmas I had to shuffle a bunch of cars in the driveway. Grabbed his keys, hopped in, hit the button, and nuthin'.

Ah! So it's just not me.
What made it worse was knowing that I'd have to make the walk of shame all the way back to the rental office.
I knew... I knew it would be something that I'd feel stupid about.

And I was right.

I'm quite used to feeling stupid, so.... normal operations, please continue.

Just found this thread. How amazing!

Hi Kitzka, welcome to our little corner of randomness and foolishness.

Kitzka... hmmmm..... what a random name. Almost as bad as pkondz. :lmao:

I picture a person, half bent over, with hand on lower back. "Oy, vat a day! I'm zinking zat I hurt my Kitzka!"

have only gotten through about 1/2 of the pages but wanted to mention that my DD is turning 16 this august.

You have a teenage daughter, too?

I feel your pain. :hug:

I loved in your original post when you mentioned getting a car at 16. In my mind that is what i want to do. get her a slightly used (like 3 years old) car. Well , she wants a party.

Wants a party and not a car?!?!?
Wow.

Consider yourself lucky.

So what you do is: When she gets home from school, stick a pointy hat on her head, shove a cupcake in her hands and say, "Here ya go. It's a party."

See? Wasn't that easy?
If necessary, skip the cupcake.

I'm about to say no to both but I have a little more time. a little (her birthday is in august).

So... only about 200 more days of, "So what are you doing for my birthday?"

So do we need to start calling you Princess now? Is that what the P stands for in Pkondz?

Not that there's anything wrong with that.... but, yes.

Secret's out.

Plus you know darned well what the 'P' stands for, Mr. Smarty pants!

I really couldn't see myself asking you to bring back full bottles of Coke from Europe and then sending them to us. I appreciate the thought.

Well, I would have.
My Dad is going over in a couple of days and I thought about asking him, but...

Me: "Dad, could you bring back a couple of coke bottles, please? Preferably ones with something interesting written on them. Kay had one that said 'Princess' on it, so something like that."
Dad: <smiles><nods>.... <pause>... "What?"
Me: "Could you bring back a couple of bottles of coke?"
Dad: "Bottles of what?"
Me: "Coke."
Dad: "Coke."
Me: "Yeah, Coke."
Dad: "Coke?"
Me: "Yes, please. Two bottles."
Dad: "Two bottles? Of wine?"
Me: "No. I want two bottles of Coke."
Dad: "Coke?"
Me: "Yeah, Coca Cola. In bottles. Not the big two liter ones. I think they're about 450ml."
Dad: "You want Coke? They have that here you know."
Me: "I know. But I want the ones with words on them. From Germany."
Dad: "What has words?"
Me: "The Coke bottles. They have words on them."
Dad: "What kind of words?"
Me: "Like Princess and Prince and people's names, but I don't want those unless you find Heather or Mike."
Dad: "What words?"
Me: "Like Princess and Prince or whatever you find that's interesting."
Dad: "Where are these words?"
Me: "On the Coke bottles. Big letters. Can't miss 'em."
Dad: "We have Coke here."

I could go on like this for several pages, but you get the drift.

On the other hand, I have no hesitation in asking if the Coke bottles are different in Canada then they are here in the USA.

The only difference that I can think of would be that the label would be bilingual and metric.
That interest you?

"OMG Ponzi! I didn't think you could possibly top the last one, but this is the best chapter ever! You're such an amazing, gifted, talented TR writer! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"

Seriously though, I've really been enjoying the TR. I swear I'm going to do better about commenting.

The suitcase of death seems like something I would do to my husband. You must be the most patient father in the world!

I'm also loving all the historical info you've been including. I'm a bit "ahem" history challenged, so I'm finding it fascinating.

That theater was AMAZING, loved all the photos.

"OMG Ponzi! I didn't think you could possibly top the last one, but this is the best chapter ever! You're such an amazing, gifted, talented TR writer! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"

Aw, shucks. Just trying to do my best.
Thank you for that totally and completely unsolicited and un-coached comment.

Seriously though,

WHADDYA MEAN "SERIOUSLY THOUGH"?!?!?!?

I've really been enjoying the TR. I swear I'm going to do better about commenting.

Oh, don't worry.
It's gonna be a bit before I get to comments on your last chapter (which I've already read, BTW).
I believe you are number 4 on my list of TRs I'm behind on! :laughing:

You must be the most patient father in the world!

Oh, I am! I think world recognition is in order, don't you think?

Actually, it's less of a 'patience' thing and more of an 'I'm terrified of what my wife will do to me if I don't do this' kind of thing.

I'm also loving all the historical info you've been including. I'm a bit "ahem" history challenged, so I'm finding it fascinating.

That theater was AMAZING, loved all the photos.

Glad you're enjoying it all! :goodvibes

The Rooster Crowed at Five PM

Then became dinner at 6pm.

For those of you keeping score,

I always keep score. Need to know whom I need to get revenge on later.

today on our journey is Thursday, August 8th.

For those of you not keeping score... it's still Thursday, August 8th.

Hello! The date doesn't change just because you don't care!

Well yes and no. Depends on the time of the day. Once it hits midnight over there, the date will change to Friday August 9th. Over here, it will still be Thursday August 8th. Depending on where you live, it won’t be Friday for at least another 6 hours or so. So the date does change, but you’re right I don’t really care.

Apology accepted. Umm what are you sorry for?:confused3

Munich is of course known for its history (beer!), friendly people (beer!) and Oktoberfest (more beer!).

We gather up all our beautifully cleaned and pressed clothes and stuff them unceremoniously into our suitcases.

For that kind of money, I'll treat them any way I want!!
At least now I know that if I run out of clean socks on my next trip, it's cheaper to just throw them out and buy new ones.
Live and learn.

I think we all learned from your mistake. Way to take one for the team.

I ask the nice young fellow at the front desk if he could call us a cab

“You’re a cab.”

to take us to the train station.
Oh, you meant call a cab for you. Got it.

Since he's German and English is a second language, he does not say, "Okay, you're a cab."
He probably knows he better not push his luck with the added cost of the laundry bill and all.

Instead he asks me if I am sure I want a cab.
He tells me that it's not very far.
I may have spoke too soon.

He raises an eyebrow.

You know.
The "Are you really so soft and weak, you spoiled and under-exercised North American, that you can't even walk two kilometers" raised eyebrow.
Did you raise your eyebrow back at him?

I'm not sure if his goal was to shame me into walking,

or to avoid having to make a phone call and telling some cabbie that he had an incredibly short ride,
See above smiley.

or perhaps a genuine concern for my health which could use a little endorphin therapy.
O
In any event, at the time, I picked (a); the shame.

"Ruby, why don't we walk? It's not that far. We've walked it before."

She bought it.

We'll be walking in the streets
With our children in the heat
And the morals that I worship will be gone
And the German who spurred us on
Sit’s behind his desk all day long.
Cracks a smile and sings his victory song

My hips will hurt as we walk to the station
Bow my head to think of a solution
Smile and grin to everyone all around me
Carry Kay’s bag one more day
Just like the other day
And when I fall on my knees I’ll pray
I won’t be fooled again
Won't get fooled again

And so our intrepid explorers set out on their quest to re-discover the train station, or die trying.

Well you lived to tell the tale, so we know you didn’t die. Unless there is something here you’re not telling us. Did Ruby and the girls have to revive you along the way?

Ruby had her comfortable rolling suitcase.
Elle had her comfortable rolling suitcase.
Kay had Ruby's comfortable rolling carrion.
And I had my comfortable rolling suitcase with carrion attached...

and the evil valise of incredible weight and death... depth.

I bet I can guess what Kay is getting for Christmas this year. Call it a hunch, but I bet she gets a new rolling suitcase.

We set out in fine form and high spirits!
Heck! Everybody in Europe will tell you that two kilometers isn't far at all!

They're lying!!!!

Well it is a one and quarter miles. Not that far when you’re just walking it, but I’m sure it can seem like 20 miles when carrying 500 pounds on your back.

By this time we were about half way there and I thought it was an excellent time to stop and admire the scenery.
After all, how many times are we going to be in Cologne, right?

Right?

Hello?

Anybody?

<cricket><cricket><cricket>

Nope. Nobody, because my family passed me by and are now looking back, impatiently waiting for me to catch up.
We have a train to catch!
And hernias to hatch!

But think of the good cardio workout you’re getting.

With newfound determination, I grasp my one carrion, two suitcases and one rhinoceros and set off in pursuit.

At least I did until that dang elephant showed up...

Personally, I would’ve had the elephant carry them. Just saying.

When David Livingstone showed up to ride the elephant, a small part of me died.

This must be the part where Ruby had to revive you.

All that's left to do now is go down a flight of stairs and we're there!

Well at least its down and not up this time.

And there's an elevator!!!

He’s rounding third and headed for home.

And it's out of order!!!!

And he’s tagged out at home plate. Oh man. He was so close.

I think at this point, while Ruby was directing everyone on the best ways for us to navigate the stairs, I sprinted up and down with almost all the bags.
Once again, my idea of letting them slide, tumble, fall down the stairs would be sounding pretty good about now.

Hey. Don’t be stealing my ideas NOW.

We then had a well-deserved bite to eat while we waited for our train.
We? I don’t know about everyone else, but sure sounds like you earned it.

I remember there was some confusion on our part.
We weren't 100% sure we were at the right platform.
Didn’t we just go through this?

Doesn't that gentleman on the left just scream 'German' to you?
Nope. It’s more “Get that camera out of my face before I go over there and bust it over your head.”

Then again, for all I know, he's from Seattle or something.
Or Canada.:rolleyes1

We boarded the train and settled in.
The kids immediately focused on the important things.

You know... making sure the wi-fi was set up and the iPods were plugged in so they could enjoy not looking at the passing scenery.
I think it’s more so they don’t have to listen to your history lesson. You know, tune out dad.

Once the train got going, I had to switch seats with Kay.
She doesn't like travelling backwards...

Then she probably wouldn’t like Expedition Everest.

I found a way to make Kay look up at the scenery.

Kinda cruel of you to turn her neck and head that way with your hands isn’t it?

She would regularly take her photo cues from me.
If I took a picture of something, she would too.

Oh, well that way works too I guess.

I had reserved a car for the next leg of the trip, but we weren't going to pick it up for a few hours.
I wanted to give the kids a chance to see a little bit of Munich before we left.

We stuffed our bags into some lockers

They have lockers that big there?

We hadn't eaten anything since the morning so it was time to grab a late lunch/early dinner.

How long was the train ride? You just ate at the train station.

There's a German dish that Kay really loves.
It's called spätzle (or spaetzle).
Basically a type of noodles that are re-heated with butter and typically served with a gravy.

Yes, it's very good.

Kay told me that she would not leave Germany for Italy unless she first had some spätzle.

Well it was nice knowing you kid. We’ll be sure to send you a postcard from Italy.

Kay's spätzle

Around here, we call that Mac & Cheese. At least it looks like Mac & Cheese.

A couple of things happened during our meal that made it memorable.
Yeah. You took pictures so you could remember it when you got home.

Our waiter was always bustling about taking orders, bringing food, asking how everything was...
Basically doing his job. What a concept.

When we finished eating, we decided to order dessert.
If you finished eating, and then ordered dessert, wouldn’t that mean you really haven’t finished eating?

Our waiter took our orders.... and was never seen again by man nor beast.
How about women?

We're pretty sure he was abducted by aliens.
Or could be out back having a beer and a smoke.

But after we ordered dessert, we sat there for fifteen minutes with no sign of the waiter.

There was a sign. You must’ve missed it. It looked something like this.

While we were waiting, a couple of middle aged women sat at a table behind us.
For whatever reason, they decided they didn't like that table and moved to the one immediately beside ours.
I can only surmise they did so because this would give them a better vantage point to eavesdrop and blow cigarette smoke in our faces.
Luckily, we were just about done eating by then and were just waiting to pay.

Well look at the bright side, I’ll let you know what the bright side is once I can determine what it is.

When we had finished eating,

Are you sure this time?

The Glockenspiel runs twice a day at 11am and noon and also 5pm in the summer.
We walked quickly enough that we arrived in plenty of time to stake out a good vantage spot.

Why would need to stake out a vantage spot if it’s running?
Here it comes, and there it goes. Well that was exciting. Now what?

Netting over sculptures keeps the pigeons off.
You see this on a lot of buildings in Europe.

I told Lady H last night that thanks to you, I have an idea how to keep the birds our of our Christmas wreath this year. Last year they used it as a place to rest and as a restroom.

The New City Hall was built between 1867 and 1908.
Sounds pretty old?
Nah. The old one is still there and was built in 1394.

The glockenspiel has two main sections and one smaller section at the top.
The glockenspiel has life size characters that twirl and dance and even two knights on horseback who 'joust'.
The knights go around twice with the Bavarian knight knocking down his opponent on the second go-'round.
After it's all said and done, a mechanical rooster slowly flaps its wings and crows three times.

I'm sure when it was first introduced in 1908 it was the equivalent of today's YouTube.

Now?

Well the whole thing lasts about 15 minutes and after you've seen it, you'll wonder if you'll ever get that 15 minutes of your life back.

You won't.

And we will never get the 5 minutes back that it took for us to read about you telling us about the cocker spaniel, or whatever it is you called it.

Some fools left early without realizing that they hadn't seen the whole thing.
How I envy those people...

Who’s the fool now?

But it's a traditional Munich experience and I'm glad the kids got to suffer through it just like I had to the first time I saw it.
Admit it. This was a form of punishment for Kay wanting Mac & Cheese.

After the "show", we made our way to the most famous site in Munich.
If you've ever been to an Oktoberfest celebration anywhere in the world...
And if they've played "oom-pah" music...

I don’t know about “oom-pah” but I did find IHA, IHA IHA-HO music. You know how long it took me to find an appropriate link to post? Although I fairly enjoyed the other videos I came across.

Then they (and possibly you) would have sung about the Hofbrauhaus.

It's a huge building with a cavernous open main floor,
a smaller upper floor
and a large open air area
all for the purpose of quaffing copious amounts of beer.
toast.gif

Sounds like a place Lady H and I need to visit.

Founded in 1589 by the Duke of Bavaria, the Hofbrauhaus is one of the oldest beer halls in Munich.
The Hofbrau beer became popular and then famous.
So famous that it actually saved the city.
In 1632, during the 30 years war, a conquering King threatened to burn the whole city down.
He agreed not to burn it down in exchange for 600,000 barrels of Hofbrauhaus beer.

You'd think with that much beer on hand, you wouldn't really have to worry about fire, don't you think?

Well I could see how this could be a problem. They’re in barrels. Barrels are made of wood. Back in 1589, I’m sure they didn’t have fire engines like they do today. So they’re left with 2 options.

1. Give the Duke his beer and spare the building so they can continue making beer in the future.

2. Don’t give the Duke his beer and use the beer you have to put out the fire. Which would require lots men and/or women/children on top of the building pouring beer over the building; in hopes they don’t die in the process and are able to put out the fire to save the building. Take it the barrels don’t catch fire themselves.

I think I would’ve chosen option 1 myself. Either way, they’re going to be out a lot of beer.

Everywhere you look you'll see people drinking beer or serving girls carrying huge handfuls of beer steins.
Beer and women. A man’s paradise.:cloud9: Well most men anyways.

We tried to find a table outside to sit and try some beer, but it was full.

Full? Really? What about the 2 empty chairs (possibly 3) and table in the bottom right hand corner of your picture? Looks empty to me.

This is my favorite part of the hall.
There's an area where locals reserve their own tables...
and some even have their own beer steins which are kept at the hall under lock and key!

Nice. Sounds like my kind of bar.

Since we couldn't sit outside, and the band wasn't playing yet inside
(they start around 7pm)
we decided to just grab a pretzel from a passing server and head out.

No beer? You could’ve stood around to drink it. Oh man. I hereby revoke your man card yet once again.

Boy! Just because you have a massive super salty pretzel, is no reason to demand water!

Should’ve bought them a beer. I think it’s legal. I’ll Google it after I’m done here.

At the car rental place, I give my reservation info to the clerk.
I had done a lot of research on car rentals from Munich and had decided to have some fun.

Well isn’t one of the reasons we go on vacation is to have fun?
“Ladies, we’re going on vacation but its forbidden for anyone to have fun.”

For only a little bit more per day, I had reserved a convertible.
I could see it now.
Toodling through alpine villages with the top down and not a care in the world.

Until Ruby says 2 minutes later “Ponzi, can you please put the top up. The wind is messing up my hair.”

The clerk took one look at the four of us and...
"I don't want to tell you what to do... we have the car here... but...
Do you have any bags with you?
The trunk is very small and can only fit maybe one large bag.
My experience with people from America is usually they have a lot of bags."

Well, I had already thought of all that.
My plan was to have some discomfort for a bit until we got to the hotel,
then afterwards it'd be smooth sailing.

Now speaking from experience, I know the driver does not experience any discomfort.

The hotel is about an hour and a half drive...
So that's three hours of having the girls ride with suitcases piled on top of them...

On our trip to WDW in 2010, we actually had to do this. We even had a full size car. Next time we’ll need to go with a mini-van or something that can hold more bags. I’ll post pics and talk about this a little more later if you don’t mind my talking about it.

My credit card covers the insurance on rentals... but only up to a reasonable amount.
I think it's around $60,000 or thereabouts.

This car is worth more than that.
Ah, what the heck. I'm on vacation, right?

Right. I’m not going to argue with that. I of course probably would’ve done the same. With Lady H’s permission of course.

It wound up costing an extra 250 Euros or about $340 USD.

:rolleyes2

It turned out to be so worth every penny.

So how much overtime have you had to work to pay off the credit card?

The clerk explained to me that since he was alone, he couldn't leave his desk.
He gave us directions to the garage and sent us on our way.

Well I see some things are the same in Germany just as they are here in the U.S.

After a couple of minor miscues, we find the car.
Oooohhhh... very purty.
I'll post a pic in a later chapter.

We’ll hold you to that.

So we stuff all the suitcases in,
(as it turned out, we still had to have one in the backseat between the girls)
pile in,

Let me guess, it was Kay’s bag that you put in between the girls?

aaaaaaannnnnddd.....

nothing.

car won't start.
Everyone have their seat belt on? Some cars are starting to be made that way. They won’t start unless everyone has their seatbelts buckled. Pressure sensors built into the seats.

Push the start button. Nothing.
Some cars have the keyless starts where you need to scan the remote next to the button. Did this one have it?

Car's in neutral? Check.

Shouldn’t it be in park? Another safety feature in most cars now-a-days. Unless this of course is a manual transmission, then you did this right.

I start looking around for something obvious.
Like, "Hey dummy! Do this first!"
Nope. Can't find anything like that.

There’s only one other thing I can think of. Did you step on the brake? Lady H used to have a car like this. I discovered how this actually works one time when she spilt a Dr. Pepper into the gear shift.

I pull out the owner's manual to try and figure it out.
Of course the manual's in german...

Well go figure.

I'm just on the verge of telling everyone to sit tight while I go back to the rental office and ask how to start it,
when lo and behold, our rental clerk enters the garage.

Rental Clerk to the rescue.

"Hey! How do you start it?"

The clerk comes over, hops in the driver seat, pushes the button and...

VRRRROOOMMMMM!!!!!!

He didn't say that... it's the sound the car made as it started right up.

He looks at me and innocently asks, "Did you have your foot on the brake?"

Knew it would be something simple.

Okay, this car is nice.

We wouldn’t know. You haven’t posted a picture of it yet. All we have is your word to go by for now.

For those of you who own or have rented expensive vehicles you can skip the next little bit.
But for the rest of us....

We don’t have the money to afford this luxury. Well we do, but then that would mean we eat bologna sandwiches for the rest of vacation.

While I thought the in dash GPS was nice, I was amazed by the heads up display.
The speed, road restrictions, plus GPS directions looked like they were floating over the hood of the car.

This is a cool feature. I’ve seen it in the new Chevy Camaro’s as well.

When I got the car up to speed, which at one point on that first day was 170 KMH/105MPH, the car was perfectly smooth.
At that speed, with the cruise on, the car would slow itself down if I started catching up to traffic.
The steering wheel would give a warning vibration if it thought I was drifting out of my lane.
Speaking of which, the turn signals would turn themselves of after a lane change.

All these features and no auto pilot? You would think it would drive itself for you.

<sigh> Just gotta win the lottery and I can have one for my very own.
I’m still waiting for this day myself. Hopefully tonight. If I win, I’ll buy you one of these cars. I’ll fly up there, we’ll drive to the nearest toy store where they sell model cars and I’ll buy one for you.

Our host greeted us warmly and showed us to our rooms.
We were very lucky this trip as our hosts at the smaller B&B type places were really, really friendly.

I'll post photos of the hotel in later chapters, but right now it's been a long day and we're beat.

I thought you said they were really really friendly? I don’t understand why they would beat you for no apparent reason.

There's no air conditioning in the room and it's a little warm, so I open the balcony door to let in some fresh alpine air.

Yeah, but was this cool fresh alpine air?

We go to sleep dreaming of the next day's adventure while being serenaded by a couple of tom cats fighting outside our room.

You sure it wasn’t the neighbors? Did you throw an old boot at them like they do in the cartoons?

Thanks for another great update.

St. Paul's Chapel. A really remarkable story.
Here's Cologne after WWII. Nothing left undamaged, but the cathedral looks (relatively) untouched.

cologne-cathedral-world-war-2-black-and-white.jpg

stabswache_de_euros.jpg

![/B][/COLOR]

Forgot to say thank you for these. Wow. Will catch up soon. :thumbsup2 Your TR has been such a lovely distraction for me. Grateful.

I don’t know about “oom-pah” but I did find IHA, IHA IHA-HO music. You know how long it took me to find an appropriate link to post? Although I fairly enjoyed the other videos I came across.

Too funny! It added a whole 'nother flavor to the trip report listening the music and reading the comments. Thanks!

Whoa! Did anyone else just hear someone shout:

WHADDUSHE MEAN "NUMBER 4"?!?!?!?

:lmao:

Honestly, I did think the same thing...
"Oh, oh. She's gonna think she's not worthy.

But I decided a while ago that no matter what, I'd respond to TRs in the order they were posted

But you know what? With all the different writing styles out there, when I do chose to read a TR, it's because I want to.
So picking one over the other would be difficult...

My only rule, I guess, would be to keep up with my own and answer people who post before moving on.

Then became dinner at 6pm.

I'm not making this up. After I posted that chapter, the next time I turned on the TV, I watched MASH.
The episode? The one where everyone's reading "The Rooster Crowed at Midnight"

With 251 episodes of MASH, what are the odds that that one would be on that particular day???

1 in 251 of course....
Still, pretty big coincidence.

I always keep score. Need to know whom I need to get revenge on later.

:scared1:
Did I ever tell you much I really, really, REALLY like you, Mike?

(He owns guns people! I... do not.)

Well yes and no. Depends on the time of the day. Once it hits midnight over there, the date will change to Friday August 9th. Over here, it will still be Thursday August 8th. Depending on where you live, it won’t be Friday for at least another 6 hours or so. So the date does change, but you’re right I don’t really care.

Sorry, what? Wasn't paying attention.
Didn't have time.

I think we all learned from your mistake. Way to take one for the team.

I am nothing if not a team player, especially if it benefits me.

Don't know why, but that reminds me of my favorite line from Team America:

"Remember, there's no "I" in Team America!"
<off camera in a quiet voice> "Yes there is!"

Did you raise your eyebrow back at him?

No. I was too busy bursting into tears.

In an extremely manly/macho way, of course...

We'll be walking in the streets
With our children in the heat
And the morals that I worship will be gone
And the German who spurred us on
Sit’s behind his desk all day long.
Cracks a smile and sings his victory song

My hips will hurt as we walk to the station
Bow my head to think of a solution
Smile and grin to everyone all around me
Carry Kay’s bag one more day
Just like the other day
And when I fall on my knees I’ll pray
I won’t be fooled again
Won't get fooled again

smiley-clap2.gif

I bet I can guess what Kay is getting for Christmas this year. Call it a hunch, but I bet she gets a new rolling suitcase.

You'd be wrong.
But we have an alternate strategy...

Ruby and I will travel by ourselves.

Personally, I would’ve had the elephant carry them. Just saying.

He didn't have room in his trunk.

I think at this point, while Ruby was directing everyone on the best ways for us to navigate the stairs, I sprinted up and down with almost all the bags.
Once again, my idea of letting them slide, tumble, fall down the stairs would be sounding pretty good about now.

Hey. Don’t be stealing my ideas NOW.

Ya just might wanna go back and re-read that last chapter again...

That part, "Once again, my idea of letting them slide, tumble, fall down the stairs would be sounding pretty good about now."

ummm... that's not in the chapter...

You typed that!

Nope. It’s more “Get that camera out of my face before I go over there and bust it over your head.”

Actually, he tried that.
I shoved him away from me.

Too bad it was right about the same time the train showed up... :rolleyes1:

Or Canada.:rolleyes1

Nope, I know everyone in Canada... and he's not one of 'em.

I think it’s more so they don’t have to listen to your history lesson. You know, tune out dad.

I see you know my kids well. :rotfl:

Then she probably wouldn’t like Expedition Everest.

You'd think that, wouldn't you?
And you'd be wrong.

Still.....

Kinda cruel of you to turn her neck and head that way with your hands isn’t it?

Well considering I frequently beat them with sticks,
a little head turning is comparatively pretty mild.

They have lockers that big there?

::yes::
Four large suitcases and two carrions... into three lockers.

How long was the train ride? You just ate at the train station.

Four and a half hours.
We probably ate at the train station in Cologne around 9:00am and by the time we ate in Munich it was probably somewhere around 3pm or 4pm.

Around here, we call that Mac & Cheese. At least it looks like Mac & Cheese.

Actually you're not far off.
I think that the sauce on this one was in fact a cheese sauce.
But the noodles are fried in butter first and that does change the taste somewhat.
Or at least, the noodle texture.

If you finished eating, and then ordered dessert, wouldn’t that mean you really haven’t finished eating?

Not if dessert was milkshakes.

Of course then we'd be drinking.
And if you spill your shake, you have a drinking problem.

Oh, all right.
We had dessert, dessert.
With forks to EAT it with.
Happy now?

Don't answer that.
I already know you are.

Our waiter took our orders.... and was never seen again by man nor beast.
How about women?

Oh, yes.
He's now a male stripper over at the Munich Male Revue Club.

Or could be out back having a beer and a smoke.

Actually, I suspect it was his break time...
I suppose his customers were just supposed to fend for themselves during that time.

I told Lady H last night that thanks to you, I have an idea how to keep the birds our of our Christmas wreath this year.

Thanks.
But I patented the idea for North America.
Send me a cheque for $23.11 and I'll let it go.

And we will never get the 5 minutes back that it took for us to read about you telling us about the cocker spaniel, or whatever it is you called it.

5 minutes?

I'll type slower for you

from

now

on.

Okay?

Who’s the fool now?

:joker:

Something like that.
I'm at work, but I do have a link.
It's probably (more like certainly) the most famous German drinking song there is.

Well I could see how this could be a problem. They’re in barrels. Barrels are made of wood. Back in 1589, I’m sure they didn’t have fire engines like they do today. So they’re left with 2 options.

1. Give the Duke his beer and spare the building so they can continue making beer in the future.

2. Don’t give the Duke his beer and use the beer you have to put out the fire. Which would require lots men and/or women/children on top of the building pouring beer over the building; in hopes they don’t die in the process and are able to put out the fire to save the building. Take it the barrels don’t catch fire themselves.

I think I would’ve chosen option 1 myself. Either way, they’re going to be out a lot of beer.

True.
Either way... many a tear is shed.

Full? Really? What about the 2 empty chairs (possibly 3) and table in the bottom right hand corner of your picture? Looks empty to me.

Funny you should say that.
When I was posting that picture, I stared and stared at those two empty chairs.

I don't remember, but the table was either reserved (there were a few) or had people sitting on the other side of the table.

I think it was the 'people sitting' option.

No beer? You could’ve stood around to drink it. Oh man. I hereby revoke your man card yet once again.

:headache: Dang it! I just got that back!
Actually, I'm not really much of a beer drinker.
I'll try one once in a while (like in Cologne), but... meh.

Should’ve bought them a beer. I think it’s legal. I’ll Google it after I’m done here.

It's legal for Elle to have one. You have to be 16 to drink beer in Germany.
Well, 14 accompanied by parents or guardian.
Kay has to wait.

Well isn’t one of the reasons we go on vacation is to have fun?
“Ladies, we’re going on vacation but its forbidden for anyone to have fun.”

I'm sorry, I don't understand your confusion.
And how did you know I used those exact words?

On our trip to WDW in 2010, we actually had to do this. We even had a full size car. Next time we’ll need to go with a mini-van or something that can hold more bags. I’ll post pics and talk about this a little more later if you don’t mind my talking about it.

Please do.

So how much overtime have you had to work to pay off the credit card?

Paid off????

Paid. Off????

Oh, Gawd. That's hysterical.

Let me guess, it was Kay’s bag that you put in between the girls?

I honestly don't remember...
but, probably.

Everyone have their seat belt on? Some cars are starting to be made that way. They won’t start unless everyone has their seatbelts buckled. Pressure sensors built into the seats.

Huh. Didn't hear about that one.

Shouldn’t it be in park? Another safety feature in most cars now-a-days. Unless this of course is a manual transmission, then you did this right.

:headache: D'Oh! Yeah, you're right.
Most rental cars in Europe are standard, but this one was automatic.

It was in prak.

park.

We don’t have the money to afford this luxury. Well we do, but then that would mean we eat bologna sandwiches for the rest of vacation.

We're still eating bologna sammies.

still worth it.

I’m still waiting for this day myself. Hopefully tonight. If I win, I’ll buy you one of these cars. I’ll fly up there, we’ll drive to the nearest toy store where they sell model cars and I’ll buy one for you.

Heh. That's what we did for my Dad on one of his birthdays.
He's always said he wants a Mercedes, so we got him one.

I thought you said they were really really friendly? I don’t understand why they would beat you for no apparent reason.

It's a tradition.
Ever see National Lampoon European Vacation?
Where Chevy Chase is getting slapped around?

That was it.

Pretty sure this is the link, but I can't tell for sure since I'm at work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO93OT3P30g

Yeah, but was this cool fresh alpine air?

Nope.

You sure it wasn’t the neighbors? Did you throw an old boot at them like they do in the cartoons?

Welll....
Family board and all....

The neighbors also had their window open.

And they were pretty noisy (and repetitive) too... :rolleyes1:

Thanks for another great update.

And thanks for all the comments!

Forgot to say thank you for these. Wow. Will catch up soon. :thumbsup2 Your TR has been such a lovely distraction for me. Grateful.

Well, I'm glad you liked the pics and that the TR could be such a distr....

Squirrel!!!

Swan song

Big day today.

Today is our big 'Disney' day.

Well, at least it's the closest connection to Disney we'll have on this trip.
(If you don't count being physically closer to Disneyland Paris.)

But first things first.

When we arrived at our hotel, it was late in the evening.
I got a chance to take pictures later, so here ya go.

Our rooms were side by side and at this angle, are obscured by the reddish tree you see in the middle.

The view from our balcony:

Now, it's confession time.
Both those shots were taken two or three days after we arrived.

Because on this day... the weather was crappy... carpy? pracy?

It was humid and foggy and drizzly and generally miserable.
It wasn't going to stop us from going out, but I was really hoping for a nice sunny cloud free day.
Especially today.

You'll see why later.

Our destination was about an hour and a half drive away.
We had to be there for 10:55am so I knew I wanted to leave at 9am to give us a little lee way in case we got lost or had other trouble.

Breakfast was included in our hotel stay and... well...

I could go on and on about how amazing it was, but how about I just show you?

When we all arrived downstairs at the dining room, our hostess met us with a big smile and a warm greeting.
I'm pretty sure it was her husband whom we had met the previous night,
and while I was impressed with how friendly he was,
his wife certainly tried to outdo him in the charm department.

She really couldn't speak english and since I couldn't really speak german, we got along just fine.

She guided us to our reserved table where carafes of coffee were waiting for us.

When you walk in, this is the first thing you see.

On the left are three types of juices and on the right are fresh sliced fruit.
If you walk around to the other end of this table, you'll see...

Several different flavours of yogurt, jams and more kinds of grains and oats and who knows what that I knew even existed.

When you walked in, a glance to the left revealed another table.
(note the metal contraption in the middle)

On that table you would find boiled eggs, crusty breads...

A multitude of different kinds of buns and croissants...

And a selection of meats and cheeses.

I swear, I thought I'd died and gone to heaven.
Easily the best breakfast spread of the whole trip.

Who cares that the rooms weren't air conditioned!
Did you see that spread????
Just look at it!
And it's included!

The metal contraption that I asked you to note was basically a glorified miter saw.
I think my favorite part was grabbing a fresh crusty loaf, chopping off a couple of slabs and piling on different spreads, meats and cheeses.

Oh, cheeses it was good! :love:

Every day after breakfast, Ruby and the girls would ask to borrow an old wooden wheelbarrow to wheel me out of the dining room.

I would be too full to move.

Unfortunately, even in my advanced state of pig-outishness, I would have to move since we had an hour and a half drive in front of us.

We freshened up, which consisted of the girls doing what girls do and me groaning about how full I was.
Ruby gave me no sympathy.

She can be heartless sometimes, ya know.

Eventually we hopped into the car...

Okay, OKAY!

Ruby and the girls hopped and I rolled ponderously into the car.

I programmed in our destination and we took off.
We hit some traffic, but we still managed to arrive at our destination around 10:30.

What?
What's that?

You wanna know where we're going today?

Gee, I guess I never mentioned that, huh?

Today we were going to Neuschwanstein.

Now a few of you are going :banana:
While the rest of you are going :confused3

Neuschwanstein, actually Neuschwanstein castle, is the fifth most visited attraction in Germany.
It is however probably the most well known and recognizable.
(We've already visited #1 - Cologne Cathedral and #3 - Hofbrauhaus)

Not my picture, but you might recognize this shot from the Bavarian Palace Department.

neusch.jpg

So does it look familiar?

If that shot isn't familiar to you, it's probably ringing some bells.
Neuschwanstein is the main inspiration for Snow White's castle in Disneyland.

I first visited Neuschwanstein when I was about 10 years old.
Ruby and I visited it in 1994.

Oh. My. Lord.
Things have really, really changed since then.

Back then, all you did was show up, walk (or take a horse drawn carriage) up the road, buy a ticket and take a tour of the castle.

In my research, I found that you had to purchase tickets in the little town of Hohenschwangau which sits in the valley below the castle.
You could reserve them in advance online, but had to pick them up one hour before your tour time.
If you didn't pick up your tickets on time, then they were gone and you'd have to buy another set.
If you didn't make it up to the castle for your tour time, then you'd have to go back down and buy another set.
Or come another day.

Okay, no problem, right?

:sad2:

When we arrived at Hohenschwangau, there were cars and people everywhere.
We drove slowly along looking for a place to park.

We passed the ticket office and saw a long line of people waiting to get tickets.
I pulled over to the side and told Ruby I'd run back and grab our tickets and then we'd find some place to park.

I approached the ticket office and my heart sank.
There was no way if I got in that line that we'd have enough time to get our tickets and make it up to the castle for our tour.

I looked around and saw an entrance for tour guides.
I walked over and asked a man if I had to stand in line if I already had a reservation.
He directed me to a lady wearing a reflective vest.
She told me that there was another line for people with reservations.

She pointed and <phew!> what a relief!
There were only about twelve people in that line.

Once I got in line, I grabbed the camera and took a picture of how busy it was.

Does everybody recognize the gentleman with the cap who's looking at the camera?

You should. You've all seen him.
Or at least, you've seen that look.

You know, the "why are you so special that you can skip the line?" look that you get as you use your fastpass.

Anyway... It's pretty packed, huh?
Not too bad?
I forgot to mention that the line extended outside under a covered awning.

Yep, all those people are standing in line for tickets.

You're still not impressed?
Boy, tough crowd.

Okay, here's my last shot.

The line snaked through the building, outside and under the awning where it wound back and forth for a bit before...

stretching about a quarter mile or more down the road!

Thank goodness I'd done my research and pre-ordered!!!

Once I got my tickets, I scurried back to the car and we headed off to find a place to park.
We had about an hour to get to the castle for our tour.

I knew from my research that there were a few parking lots
(and I knew which one was closest to the castle)
but I was hoping to grab a spot for free on the street.

I saw an empty spot in front of a hotel and stopped.
But I wasn't sure if it was legal or allowed.

I went into the hotel and the lady at the front desk told me that's where horse drawn carriages stopped.
She wasn't sure if I could park there or not, so I decided to play it safe and try the parking lot.

There was a lineup for the parking lot but we got in fairly quickly and managed to squeeze into a space after having to do a six point turn.

Quarters were a trifle cramped.

We got out of the car and looked up.
This is what we saw.

There are three ways of getting up to the castle.
1. You can walk. Walking takes about 40 minutes... all up hill.
2. You can take a carriage. Also takes about 40 minutes... them horses ain't runnin'. But it's less strenuous.
For me at least. I can't speak for the horses.
3. You can take a bus.

The bus doesn't take you to the castle.
Instead it takes you to near a bridge which has a scenic overlook of the castle.
From there, it's an easy ten minute walk (downhill!) to the castle.

So that's the plan. Hop on the bus. Go on the bridge.
Take pictures. Time permitting, climb a little higher up for even better pictures.
Stroll down to the castle at our leisure.

Remember when I mentioned the lousy weather?
You couldn't see the castle from the bridge today.

PRAC!

We'll still take the bus, 'cause it's the easiest and quickest way to get there.

We head to the bus stop and... well.... see for yourselves.

Maybe not quite as bad as the ticket queue, but there was no way we were going to get on a bus in time to make our 11:55am tour time.

We stood around for a while debating on which of the options would be better.
We decided that taking a horse drawn carriage was our next best bet.

Right.

We made our way over to the nearest pick up point and saw a short line of people waiting for carriages.

Short is good...
not so good when it still means about a twenty minute/half hour wait.

It was now about 11:15am.
Or about forty minutes before our tour time.

So! Who feels like walking???

With a forty minute up hill walk in front of us...

We decided that Elle and I would climb up the mountain as quickly as we could.
When we got to the castle, if time was tight, we'd plead with whoever was running the tour to delay just a couple of minutes.
Ruby would walk more slowly with Kay, who's feet were still a little sore from our first day in Paris.

So Elle and I set off up the mountain with Kay and Ruby in slow pursuit.

As we made our way up, the fog turned into a light drizzle.
We kept plodding on and found out we were right not to wait for a carriage as we easily passed one by on foot.

About half way up, it suddenly occurred to me that Ruby had the tickets.
I sent Elle back down to retrieve them.

That's what kids are for, ya know.
To get stuff.

Eventually, we rounded a corner and were greeted with this view.

Phew! We still have a good 10 minutes before tour time!

I told Elle to wait for the others and I ran ahead, to see how much farther it was.
It was only about another minute or so walk to the castle.
I took a couple of snaps as I got closer.

I ran back to Elle to tell her it wasn't much farther, then set off downhill to see how far back Ruby and Kay were.
I was pleased, and surprised, to see them just a hundred or so feet away.

We got to the castle courtyard with about 5 minutes to spare.

It turns out it probably wouldn't have mattered that Elle and I ran ahead.

Inside the courtyard is a big electronic sign.
On the sign is the number for the tour that is being admitted.
When the number changes, there is a surge for the turnstyles.
You have to swipe your ticket in order to get through.
I don't remember exactly how long you have to go through, but I think it's about 10 minutes.
Once the time is up, the number changes again and if you didn't enter on time, you're out of luck.
Go straight to jail, do not pass Go, you just blew it.

<<<Continued next post>>>

Swan song (continued)

Neuschwanstein castle is actually the third castle built by the eccentric King Ludwig II of Bavaria.

The foundation was laid in 1869 and construction continued until 1886.
Ludwig spent an inordinate amount of money on his castles.
Despite pleas from his cabinet ministers, he did not curb his spending.

Ludwig's younger brother was supposedly insane, so his ministers seized on that as an excuse to have him removed...
Without even having him examined by his doctor.

The very next day the King and his doctor were found drowned in waist high water.
Construction immediately stopped on the still unfinished castle.

Ludwig had lived a grand total of 172 days in his castle.

Ironically, Ludwig used only his own private funds and money that he personally borrowed to fund the castle.

After Ludwig's death, his uncle became regent and six weeks later visitors were paying to see the castle.

In another ironic twist, Ludwig's castles were the largest source of income for the royal family up until WWI.
To this day, Bavaria is the wealthiest State in Germany, in large part thanks to Ludwig's castles.

Unfortunately, photography is not permitted inside the castle.
I'm not really sure why.

Could be the flash from the cameras is causing damage to the paintings.
Could be they just want to sell picture books in the giftshop.

You'll just have to settle for these pics from wiki.
Please note that these pictures are almost 100 years old.
The rooms haven't changed much, but now tapestries, fragile items, paintings, etc. are behind glass or roped off.
The first main room you see on the tour is the throne room.
This shot is taken from the throne.
Because there isn't one.
It was one of the items that hadn't been finished when the king died.

800px-Neuschwanstein_throne_room_00180u.jpg

The drawing room...

800px-Neuschwanstein_drawing_room_00182u.jpg

and the study.

800px-Neuschwanstein_study_00181u.jpg

In the dining room, you'll notice a swan prominently displayed.
It's made of porcelain and is one of several swans that you'll find throughout the castle.
In fact the name 'Neuschwanstein castle' translates roughly to 'New Swan Stone castle'.
There are swans carved into benches, in wrought iron, faucets... you name it.
They're everywhere.

800px-Neuschwanstein_dining_room_00184u.jpg

I don't have a good photo of the ballroom, but it was quite impressive.
Google it if you want to see it.

My favorite two rooms coming up, although I only have a picture of one.
The first is the bedroom.

800px-Neuschwanstein_bedroom_00183u.jpg

Two things that stand out.
If you look above the bed, you'll see ornate carved woodwork.
It took fourteen artists more than four years to carve.

Also, you'll notice on the far right there's a large door, but a smaller door is shown open.
That's a secret door. It's indistinguishable from all the other panels in the room.
And yes, they lead to different rooms/hallways.

It was in this room that Ludwig was arrested.
Which begs the question: If you have a secret door, why don't you use it???

My other favorite room... isn't a room.
Between the study and the drawing room is an artificial grotto... or cave.
It's built right into the castle and even has an artificial waterfall.

It's pretty jarring to walk amongst all this splendour and then suddenly find yourself in a cave, seemingly deep underground.

Sorry, again I don't have a picture and everything I saw on Google didn't do it justice.

After passing through the grotto, I took this shot of the view from a window.
(pictures were allowed from the castle, just not of the inside.)

The entire tour lasts about 35 minutes and eventually you are spewed out into...

Yeah.

The gift shop.

We browsed around for a bit, and I'm pretty sure the kids bought some souvies.
Afterwards, we stopped at a little restaurant where we sat by a window, overlooking the valley and had torte... or cake.

That's one German tradition that I really, really, really enjoy.
The English have their tea time, but the Germans have coffee and cake time.

I pick cake.

Every.

Time.

It was a surreal experience to be sitting in a fantasy filled gothic castle while munching on cake.

When we were done, we headed outside only to discover that the light drizzle had turned into a torrential downpour.
We had brought ponchos, but we were still going to get our feet wet.

We made a dash for a nearby... what else?... gift shop, and huddled under an awning.

Kay, being the brightest of the lot, bought an umbrella.

We continued our descent down the mountain and Kay spotted a shortcut.

I guess it was shorter, as the crow flies...
but we weren't crows and we weren't flying.

This trail switchbacked all the way down the mountain.

To be honest, it probably wasn't any longer or shorter then taking the road,
but we were on holidays and it was a minor adventure that just begged to be taken.

By the time we got to the car, our feet were soaked and we headed back to the hotel.

Arriving back at the hotel, we dried off and went back down to the dining room for dinner.

Kay had her beloved spaetzle as did Ruby.
Elle had weinerschnitzel which I'm pretty sure she thought was a hot dog since it was labeled 'weiner art'.
She enjoyed it nevertheless.
I had the mix grill and it was very good.

We then headed back up to our rooms where we relaxed for the rest of the evening before calling it a night.

Which is what I'm going to do to this update right now.

2 posts tell us about a castle that's not even finished being built. Must have been some castle. I can't wait to get my hands on your chapter.

2 posts tell us about a castle that's not even finished being built. Must have been some castle. I can't wait to get my hands on your chapter.

If it was finished, it would've been three posts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter