Canadian-at-par for summer - when and if...

bgula

DIS Veteran
Took advantage of this last summer. Anyone have any thoughts on whether this will be offered again this year and when it might be announced?

I'm waiting as well. There is talk that codes are expected any day now & I would hope there is a Canadian one included. Keep your eye here & on the Resorts Board each morning...the minute they're out...someone will post. Good Luck. :)

Here's a question...if they have the CDN at par rate, do you think you could combine that with an AP rate or not? Like if you had the APs, could you pay CDN for your discounted room rate?

Beth

I wish (that would be so great :cloud9: ) but you can't combine discounts. I spoke with a CM this morning & she said she thought there would be a Canadian special soon. I hope she's right...sometimes they have no idea & just say things. I'm checking often & will post the minute I know anything (as will others).

For those of you who have used the At-par discount, what kind of savings did you get?? Do you think they would be better or worse than what you would get with an AP?

Could anyone tell me what kind of Canadian deal they had last summer and how they used it?

Thanks!

Beth ::MinnieMo

Can someone remind me of the timing of the deal last year? When did it start and finish? Thanks, Jo

Here's what my records from last year show:

Canadian Code (JHC) released May 15th for July 1/03 - Oct 31/03, minimum 3 night stay, must be booked by June 30th.

All Stars, value season, standard room $51.59 US
Moderates, value season, standard room $89.11 US
*note summer is standard season for value & moderate resorts, not value season so these rates were not for summer dates (these are the only rates on the sheet I printed last year...sorry)

Disney based these rates on $.67 USD = $1 CAD

Rumour has it this year that there may be an FTP but it will be 7 days for the price of 5...not nearly as good as last year's 7 for 4 (released May 6th for DC, May 8th for the General Public). :( Other than FTP, I find all the codes seem to be similar in price (give or take a few $$).

Here's a list of past release dates for codes: Mousesavers - Code Trends

except that the Cdn at Par deal came out!

Because our Dollar was doing so much better that when you did the math, you were actually paying less than our US counterparts!

With last year's deal, Fairytale package, I was able to do a Deluxe for the price of a Moderate!

But that now that I'm DVC ~ I don't have to watch for Codes!

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Scratch
pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter