Canada-"Under-Appreciated"?

There are 2 huge "Rocks" in Canada right by World Showcase Lagoon.

Before IllumiNations begins,the tops of the "rocks" open up and lights and speakers are raised up out of them and then when IllumiNations is over the lights and speakers go back inside the "rocks" and the tops close.:)

The "rocks" blend in perfectly with the Canada theme and the first time I saw the lights and speakers coming out of them,I did several double-takes!:)

I never knew this! I'll have to watch for it. I love Canada in Epcot, and love it in the real world as well. Martin Short is a hoot, and the movie is breathtaking. Off Kilter...how can you not like them?

I agree that the ice rink is totally impractical, given the climate. The only answer IMO is a daily pick up street hockey game or two (timed between Off Kilter sets, of course). Instead of yelling "Car!", though, one would have to yell "ECV!" Day old Disney burgers would make great pucks.

Haha, brilliant!

Hello everyone, this is my first post here! :)

I am a Canadian who is going to be in Disney in September and I am wondering if the Canada ear hat pictured earlier in the thread is still available in the Canada pavilion in Epcot?! I'd really love to buy one and would prefer to buy it IN the park than online.

Thank you!

I used to like the Canada Pavilion ok - seemed like there wasn't much there, but we always watched the Martin Short movie. BUT, when my husband and I went on a no-kids anniversary trip to Epcot, we went to watch the movie. There was still 15 minutes and we were the only 2 people waiting. There were 2 cast members there - 2 college age girls. My husband is a talker - so he walked over to them and said "Hi ladies! How are things in the great state of Canada!!" Obviously he was playing around with them and he knows Canada is not a state, but they tore into him and proceeded to chew him out and tell him that Canada is NOT a state and NOT a part of the US and so on and so on. He finally told them to chill out and take a break and we left without seeing the movie or anything else in there. Haven't been back to the Canada pavilion.

That's one of the most insulting things you can say to a Canadian and I'd have torn into him as well. How ignorant and rude.

The Canadian pavilion was disappointing as a pavilion, but the CMs there make it awesome. It's weird that our restaurant is shown through something from Quebec, when Quebec doesn't even want to be a part of Canada all that much. =P

Last time we were there, we asked about a Tim Hortons, and they told us "in our dreams". My mom and I are going down in two weeks, and intend on smuggling in a can of Timmies for them.
Who says CMs are the ones who always have to make the magic?

Not all people from Quebec dislike Canada, just saying :goodvibes Tim Hortons would definitely be a plus :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter