Can "zombie threads" be highlighted?

I've accidentally bumped a couple zombie threads. At the bottom of my window, when I scroll all the way down the page after reading the comments, there is a scroll bar of pictures that says "powered by Google" in the left corner. I guess it must be suggested threads based on keywords or subject matter of the current post? Some of them are really old though. I wonder if the amount of zombie threads would decrease if the Dis did away with it? Now I know to check the date after I click on a pic in that scroll bar.

some times if i dont see any more threads I want to post on, I just go way back and might post on one, I like it, I like to see the old names plus it moves along a slow board but like everything else on the dis no matter even if you try to stay away from controversy there will be some people that just hate your guts

I feel bad for people who genuinely take the time to offer solid advice for people not knowing that it is a zombie thread resurrected. The affair thread had me thinking that there should be a way to highlight the thread title that originated over a year ago or something. I don't mind the threads themselves, but I'd love for there to be some type of warning for those about to open the thread. Someone just posted a very long paragraph in response to the OP. I just feel like it was a waste of time. Especially since the OP hasn't posted since 2008.
Nah, I like to take responsibility for my own thing. My mum hasn't done my laundry for a long time, I don't need the mods to look at dates for me. They have lives away from Disney boards.

I don't mind Zombie threads being re-hashed if it's a timeless issue (what's your favourite, what to do in Disneyland, have you ever done this or that etc) but if it's, as you say "what should I do in this situation", it may as well rest. I don't think the mods should have to chase them down though.

I post on other dis boards and I hate when people will bump like an old dining plan thread with outdated information on it only to have people discussing it and taking the information as still true. I always try to let others know that the information is no longer accurate, people don't always notice it.

I post on other dis boards and I hate when people will bump like an old dining plan thread with outdated information on it only to have people discussing it and taking the information as still true. I always try to let others know that the information is no longer accurate, people don't always notice it.

This is the bad side of zombie threads.

I don't feel bad at all. If a topic is still of interest, people reply without regard to when it was originally posted. Interest is what drives a bulletin board, not when it was posted. It just seems recently the people even noticed and starting pointing out "Zombie" threads. Never used to be a an issue here before. The "Zombie thread" replies are more annoying to me than the fact that the original post was some time ago.
As I have posted before, been here between lurking and being a member about 16 years, soooo many of the topics come up again and again and again in new threads, I'm surprised some who reply Zombie Thread to those posts, don't reply "Old Topic, move on" to those threads.
Personally, I see someone pointing out it's a zombie thread as being helpful. They're not saying no one should post to the thread, but pointing out if you're offering suggestions/help or asking a question based on something that happened months/years ago, you might want to reconsider.

I remember people (me included) pointing out zombie threads on the old boards. So it's happened plenty of times. The issue is now it's not just spammers bumping up old threads, it's people clicking on the links at the bottom of the page.

Personally, I see someone pointing out it's a zombie thread as being helpful. They're not saying no one should post to the thread, but pointing out if you're offering suggestions/help or asking a question based on something that happened months/years ago, you might want to reconsider.

I remember people (me included) pointing out zombie threads on the old boards. So it's happened plenty of times. The issue is now it's not just spammers bumping up old threads, it's people clicking on the links at the bottom of the page.
Latest one is a first time poster with an ax to grind with a home builder. Wall of text I wasn't even going to try to read.

I just find that the majority of people pointing out zombie threads think they're being clever which I find annoying and arrogant. Actually they're being anything BUT clever, imo.

Someone bumped one about stinky feet.. Yes I contributed to it. And pointed out I knew it was zombie...
If the topic is of no interest.. Keep scrolling. I certainly don't read every thread

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter