Can you write checks inside WDW?

Sir Ron

<font color=darkorchid>Finish Spaceship Earth!<br>
I tried searching Disney.com for a few minutes and realized you guys/gals would find me the answer quicker! TIA!!

Well, I actually got the search function here to produce me an answer!! :scared1: Shockingly true! :lmao: Sorry for bothering anyone!

Hi there as a cast member at WDW, I can help you with this question. No personal checks are not longer accepted at WDW. I am sorry for the inconvenience, it was changed almost a year ago. But at least you know now in advance and hopefully that will head off any aggravation that you would have encountered. My recommendations would be to use travelers checks. Hope that helps.

Thanks for your nice response! I was planning on using my disney credit card or debit card regardless, but I like to have a back up plan just to be safe! Thanks!

Yeah and another thing to be very mindful of is be careful with that cell phone that it is no where near your park tickets or credit cards, the thing can demagnetize your cards and make it a royal pain. I learned this the hard way, and I see it happening at the turnstiles alot where guests tickets have to be replaced. If you have any other questions feel free to ask while I try to figure this place out. Hahaha.

Yeah and another thing to be very mindful of is be careful with that cell phone that it is no where near your park tickets or credit cards, the thing can demagnetize your cards and make it a royal pain. I learned this the hard way, and I see it happening at the turnstiles alot where guests tickets have to be replaced. If you have any other questions feel free to ask while I try to figure this place out. Hahaha.

What's up with that? I mean my debit card doesn't have this issue when it's near the cell phone- is it the type of card they use for the KTTK? It happened to MIL on the last trip and was so frustrating for her.

I really have no earthly idea why this happens. It may not be cell phones, but definately something is demagnetizing the cards. I have had it happen to my cast ID, as well. I know that it is aggravating, probably a really good idea to always store your tickets in that handy dandy envelope they give you store your tickets.

My cards get demagnetized from air or water or cotton. I tried putting the card in my pocket, nowhere near the purse, all by its little old self in there - still turned into a dud.

I think they just stop working and the Disney people say they have "demagnetized" because someone told them that is what happens.

I also have no idea why. It never happens to my credit cards, which are often thrown in my purse with the cell phone.

The world may never know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter