Can you wear jeans in the dining rooms?

ClarabelleCowFan

<font color=teal>Found Someone You Have<br><font c
I've heard conflicting information. Can you wear nice jeans (not ripped or torn ones) with a nice Polo or button-down shirt to the dining rooms for meals?

DH doesn't have any khakis that fit him right now but has several nice pairs of jeans. Just wondering if I need to go buy him dress pants or not (would rather not since he never wears them!).

Thanks!

He will not be turned away from the main dining rooms if he is wearing jeans. However, he'd need slacks for Palo or Remy (the adult only restaurants that charge an extra fee).

Enjoy the cruise!
Peg

Yes he can! My Dh went to dinner with jean shorts except for formal night where he had jean pants on with a blue blazer on. My husband loves his jeans.

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/faqs/onboard-dining/dining-attire/
Dress code from DCL's website.

Jeans have been allowed in the 3 main dining rooms for several years now.

Regardless of the publications, many people even wear shorts. I guess my thoughts on this go both ways - on one hand it is not completely unreasonable to have a dress code in the dining room. On the other hand, does it really matter to you if someone at the other table is wearing shorts? Requiring pants increases the luggage a bit - at least 1-2 pairs of pants that really are not worn any other time.

It is a controversial topic. Some people feel strongly that only pants should be worn, others feel who cares? Its Disney. There are cartoon characters on the wall and Mickey Mouse wandering the ship. Its not like Le Bec Fin.

Was on the Dream in May and I would say about 2/3 of the men & women at dinner had shorts or jeans on. Doesn't matter a bit.

To be honest, I would rather see someone in a nice pair of jeans than $12 khakis from Walmart! Yikes!

Have a great trip!

There is no enforcement of the "suggested attire" in the main dining rooms. Thus, he can wear anything that his wife will permit.

What I thought was funny was watching the video on the Disney web site about the Animator's Palate restaurant on the Fantasy. A family is being seated for dinner. The teen has shorts on. If they don't want shorts in the dining room, they are not helping with this video to get the message out.

Wow! I feel like DH and I are the only ones who look forward to dressing up for dinner! So many threads trying to get around the rules!

Watch for us on the Dream! We'll be the couple who is way overdressed! :rotfl2:

Wow! I feel like DH and I are the only ones who look forward to dressing up for dinner! So many threads trying to get around the rules!

Watch for us on the Dream! We'll be the couple who is way overdressed! :rotfl2:

We like dressing up too, :banana: Evening dresses and tux.
Plus day Dresses for me and smart Clothes for DH, He lives in Jeans when he isnt working but didnt take one pair on the cruise as they are heavier than chinos and not as smart. imho that is.:cheer2:

Personally I'd go for the khakis from Walmart -- or if you're too good for Walmart, try Target.

I feel like there's no such thing as "nice" jeans. I base this opinion on the fact that you would wear jeans to mow your lawn. They are, therefore, not clothing that would be appropriate for a fine dining experience. What are "nice" jeans anyway? Regular jeans that have been bedazzled?

All this said, Disney allows it so nobody will stop you.

We too will be the family that is way overdressed. Collared shirts, khakis or slacks, shoes (not flip-flops!)

There are so few opportunities in our life to enjoy a special dining experience. I can't remember the last time my wife and I enjoyed a 4 course meal.

Full disclosure: We have never baled hay or milked anything, neither of us has any tattoos or tramp-stamps, we make our children wear shoes (and shirts) when they go out in public, and I don't own a single wife-beater... but if I did I'm positive I wouldn't wear it on an airplane.

How about shoes ... are sneakers (a nice clean pair) OK for young children? My 8 year old son has some very nice shorts with a collared shirt but I'm stumped on shoes. He lives in crocs and sneakers, he is growing like a weed and I really am not looking forward to spending money on shoes that he will wear only at dinner and then never again before his feet grow.

Personally I'd go for the khakis from Walmart -- or if you're too good for Walmart, try Target.
Actually where you buy your clothes is a matter of personal taste, no need for Dis board approval! ::yes::

I feel like there's no such thing as "nice" jeans. I base this opinion on the fact that you would wear jeans to mow your lawn. They are, therefore, not clothing that would be appropriate for a fine dining experience. What are "nice" jeans anyway? Regular jeans that have been bedazzled?
Funny I would wear shorts to mow my lawn as well as dining (and regularly do while cruising), thats what my landscaper's wear! :scared1:

All this said, Disney allows it so nobody will stop you.
Yay!:thumbsup2

We too will be the family that is way overdressed. Collared shirts, khakis or slacks, shoes (not flip-flops!)

There are so few opportunities in our life to enjoy a special dining experience. I can't remember the last time my wife and I enjoyed a 4 course meal.
There is no prerequisite of what you wear (or scientific studies) to indicate enjoying a fine meal or having a fine dining experience requires you to dress! ::yes:: this is a matter of your personal preference! ::yes::!

Full disclosure: We have never baled hay or milked anything, neither of us has any tattoos or tramp-stamps, we make our children wear shoes (and shirts) when they go out in public, and I don't own a single wife-beater... but if I did I'm positive I wouldn't wear it on an airplane.
You dont need a wife beater to be a wife beater!:sad1::sad2:

All the sarcasm aside I go on vacation to relax, I do not go to impress or dress for success!:cloud9::love:

I do at a minimal wear a jacket on formal nights (sometimes a tux) and dress appropriately for the upscale restaurants that require it! ::yes:: :eek: :scared1:

How about shoes ... are sneakers (a nice clean pair) OK for young children? My 8 year old son has some very nice shorts with a collared shirt but I'm stumped on shoes. He lives in crocs and sneakers, he is growing like a weed and I really am not looking forward to spending money on shoes that he will wear only at dinner and then never again before his feet grow.
I sail with 4 children a nice collared shirt & dress (or god forbid cargo:lmao:) shorts are fine for all 4 main dining rooms aboard the ships, and clean sneakers crocks or even nice sandals are okay as well!:grouphug:

My boys wore black converse chuck taylors with their dress pants and dress shorts. They were able to wear them once they got home, thought they were cool, and if you squint in the photos you can just make out that they aren't dress shoes!

Eeek now I'm stressing a little... I hadn't thought about clothes for meals! My baby will be 4mo old when we go and it was well over a year after my 2nd one that stuff really started fitting again. I really don't want the stress (or financial burden) of trying to find clothes before the cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter