Can you watch the Parade from the Plaza Inn?

Mousequake

DIS Veteran
We are attending the birthday celebration at the Plaza Inn at 3:15 on Sunday. Sounds like this takes place at the outdoor seating area, and I just noticed the Soundsational Parade is scheduled for 4:00 that day. Would this be a good location to watch the parade from, or is there anything blocking the view?

People standing along the parade route will be blocking your view. You'll see up above their heads, but looking straight on all you'll see is their rears and backs. (similar problem with dining at Cafe Orleans and trying to watch Fantasmic)

There are also big bushes that block your view more so than the people watching the parade. It's still a nice place to relax though and see what you can.

We have eaten at the Plaza Inn recently--sitting the farthest out and we were able to see the parade fairly well.

We have eaten at the Plaza Inn recently--sitting the farthest out and we were able to see the parade fairly well.

This is good to know. Since they put in the "wall" of bushes to make the patio private for the birthday celebration, I didn't think people could watch the parade from any of the tables.

We had a great view from there! Of course it is a different kind of experience. There are bushes and people (but you are raised up a little in the restaurant seating). You won't see the dancers on the ground but you can hear the music and see the tops of the floats and the characters dancing around on them. It was perfect last time we went with our baby because it was just enough for him to see and hear without being in the crowd and having it too loud and getting fussy and we could relax and eat with him watching it in the high chair.

We tried to watch the fireworks from there and its horrible. We got up and left and stood in the middle of mainstreet. I would advise against trying to sit there for a "Good" view of the fireworks.

We sat inside the Plaza Inn eating our chicken dinners, just as Magical started. We were in the very back corner table. We were able to see both Tinker Bell, and Dumbo fly. Not a great place to see fireworks, but a great spot to see both Tinker Bell, and Dumbo.

DSCN5390-1.jpg

Thanks for all the replies! I think we're going to play it safe and just step outside of the PI at 4:00 and have an unobstructed view. The parade is only happening twice during our five-day trip at a time we'll be able to see it (early bed times for DD5), so we want to make sure those two times are as good as possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter