• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can you walk to the parks from the new hotels ?

alexandra uk

DIS Veteran
When we went last summer we stayed at The Sequioa (which we didn't like), and used to enjoy the walk to and from the parks.

Next time we go I would like to stay in The Holiday Inn but I don't want to have to rely on the shuttle buses.
Can anyone tell me if the parks are within reasonable walking distance or how long it would take ?

On the website it says a 10 minuite shuttle ride, but it says that for the New York and thats no distance at all.

Hi

I am almost 100% sure that you cannot walk to the parks from the Holiday Inn. I believe the only option is to rely on their shuttles or drive yourself if you choose to stay there. You can only walk to the parks from the onsite Disney hotels.

Richard.

it would be a 30 minute trip from Holiday Inn ( stayed there last week ) to go to Santa Fe ( 15 minutes ) and all the way through the Santa Fe area , along the water channel to New York to the park ...

Don`t worry about the shuttle busses , they come every 6 minutes at peak hours and every 10 minutes over the day and are very reliable !!!!

You will love the hotel it is at least a 4 star level !!!!

Beware of the dinner buffet, for 25 EUR per person i was very disappointed of the food available and the overall quality !

The bar has burgers and small sandwiches, too if you really need to eat there !!!

TTFN

Stephan

Thanks Stephan:D

I wouldn't mind the 30 min walk a few times but not every time I wanted to go to and from the hotel.
Still if the buses are that good then it doesn't matter.
Do you know what time they stop running in the evening ?

One more question - Do you know what the international channels are on the t.v's ?

Thanks
Alex :p

the buses start at 6 in the morning and end late in the evening around 11 or 12 ... not sure about this ..we had our own car with us to use in the evening ..

They had 16 programs on TV from all over europe some english channels 4 german ones, french .. eurosport...
crisp clear in digital !!

The stuff there was amazingly friendly and helpful .. so just call them and ask i am sure they will be glad to help ....

Have fun there.. we plan to go back to the Holiday Inn at the end of june for a few days !!

TTFN

Stephan

Although I prefer Newport Bay to Sequoia Lodge I'm really wondering what there was to really not like at SL?

I stayed at the HI one night before we started our DLP vacation at the Newport Bay and wished I had spent my entire vacation there. I thought the NB was a dump and I am not overly critical on hotels.

Originally posted by alexandra uk
When we went last summer we stayed at The Sequioa (which we didn't like), and used to enjoy the walk to and from the parks.

Next time we go I would like to stay in The Holiday Inn but I don't want to have to rely on the shuttle buses.
Can anyone tell me if the parks are within reasonable walking distance or how long it would take ?

On the website it says a 10 minuite shuttle ride, but it says that for the New York and thats no distance at all.

I'm disappointed to hear you say you didn't like the Sequoia as I am staying there in October. What didn't you like about it?

By the way, I do have to agree that all the staff at DLP are polite and helpful. Shame we can't do a bit of that here. I was quite shocked at their nice manners - not used to it around here

Originally posted by alexandra uk
Thanks Stephan:D

I wouldn't mind the 30 min walk a few times but not every time I wanted to go to and from the hotel.
Still if the buses are that good then it doesn't matter.
Do you know what time they stop running in the evening ?

One more question - Do you know what the international channels are on the t.v's ?

Thanks
Alex :p

That was the only thing I wasn't very impressed with when I stayed at the Sante Fe two years ago - am going again soon! YIPPEE:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I know Disneyland is a dream come true for children but there are grown ups going too - the only 'adult' type channel for English speakers was a rather dull news channel. I was a bit sad that this was one aspect they hadn't thought about very much. Everything else was fab.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter