• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can you volunteer for more than one voucher?

SerinaEmily

Mouseketeer
I thought I read somewhere that you can only receive one voucher per person under the GAD program?

We did 2 opportunities (my husband signed him and me up under his email for something and I signed him and me and the kids up under my email for Project Linus)

Would only one of our vouchers be good for the fastpasses? Do they keep records of us somehow in their system to prevent us from using our other voucher for a fastpass on another day?

well...it's supposed to be 1 voucher per person for the duration of the promotion...so, if you do turn in vouchers for more than one, you are in violation of the program. If you tried to sign up for two opportunities with the same e-mail, you would not have been able to do it.
They do ask for government issued ID for everyone exchanging a voucher, it is quite possible that once you turn in the first voucher, when you try again it will be denied....that will either embarrass you or you will make believe you didn't know..but if there are other guests standing there, some will surely have a low opinion of you...
In the end, do what you think is right....My DH, DD and I all made blankets, we have 3 vouchers and will all get FP's along with my sister in 3 of the 4 parks we are going to, I think that's very generous of Disney...

They go by your name and zip code, not necessarily your email address. I had to call today because one daughter and myself were verified but not my other daughter. It was because their names are alike, their computer system thought they were the same person. According to the CM their system is designed to look for similarities. You might be able to print both but once you get to Disney they might not all be valid. Case in point is when you book a package and change something (dates, hotels, people traveling in your party) they will send out the vouchers numerous times but one 1 set is valid. Last year during free dining I made 2 changes and ended up with 3 sets of vouchers, only 1 worked.

BTW my daughters names are Caitlin and Kathleen similar but its not like Kathleen and Katherine. But believe me they hassle me every time its mentioned. lol but I still love their names.

Actually the site will let you sign up for more than one opportunity, at least as long as you aren't verified complete.

I signed up the first day and did a morning at an animal shelter. They had an age limit and my kids couldn't volunteer there. So I tried to sign them up for project Linus. It would not let me sign them up alone, as they are minors.....so I signed up again. I emailed the volunteer in charge of the chapter and asked if she could just put my 2 kids through and not me. She explained she didn't know if that would work and so as not to screw anything up, could I just turn in a blanket too. So we did 3 blankets.

However, I do not expect a second voucher. I only hope it doesn't kick my kids out as invalid since I will be.

regars

My husband and I signed up and volunteered through my email address. My son later decided he wanted to do something too, so we signed him up through my husband's email address. Since he's a minor, I had to sign up myself to be the lead volunteer (no problem, I knew I wouldn't get a second voucher). My point is though that as soon as I put my information it, the system recognized that I had already participated and received my voucher even though it was a different email address. It said you can volunteer as many times as you want, but you will only receive one voucher. So, in my case, it recognized me right away. ;) But it let my son complete his without a problem.

I also had to sign myself up twice. I had found a project for myself and older son here close to us. I wanted to find something for my 6 year old, so I searched for the Project Linus.
The system wouldn't let my add a volunteer doing a different job, so I had to sign up under my other email address. It wouldn't let me sign just my 6yr old up, I had to volunteer as well. Which I don't mind at all. So time will tell if they send me 3 vouchers or 4. I don't even need the 4th voucher valid or not. We wanted GAD FP for AK, MK, & HS. Don't see the need at Epcot.

I just checked my account for the GoVolunteer.

I had a bit of trouble finding an opportunity and wasn't sure that the person in charge was correct that I didn't need to do anything on my end. So I signed up again using a different e-mail account as the first one I did used the community services as the volunteer opportunity and that wasn't quite correct. I just wanted to make sure I got the voucher, wasn't trying to get an extra one.

I saw this thread and then remembered I had the other e-mail address. I checked and it said I already received my voucher (at the other e-mail) and I could continue to volunteer, but I wouldn't get another voucher.

Just wanted to follow up on my experience. I volunteered twice because it wouldn't let my kids participate without an adult.

I got the email that our volunteer activity had been verified and I could get my vouchers. When I went to the site it asked me if I wanted to choose all volunteers, or could click on just my 2 kids.....since mine was already filled out. I chose "all" and printed the vouchers.

Mine has exactly the same numbers...so it was just another copy of what I already have. But I got the 2 new ones for my boys.

So yes...if you end up doing more than one, because you have to due to children's ages....it'll work out fine. You simply get the same number to print out.

regards

I have already qualified for the voucher because I've been a Girl Scout leader for many years! I had to enter my info for that volunteer opportunity. The only way to add minors or the rest of my family was to add them for the same volunteer opportunity, which can't happen.

So, I tried tonight to register myself under another e-mail address so that I could sign my son and I up to tie ribbons for MADD. I couldn't just register my son, as he is a minor. I will certainly tie the ribbons, but don't expect to get another voucher in my name. I am only concerned about getting his voucher.

Then, to make things more complicated, my dh and 2 kids are doing some gardening for a horse rescue for their vouchers. Again, we will have to register in an new e-mail address, since this is a 3rd volunteer opportunity.

I just hope all of this works. It gets confusing when you can't easily sign your family up for different activities.

But, to answer the OP's question...you are only supposed to get one ticket per person. Even if I were to be sent two vouchers since I'm technically signed up for two opportunities, I would only attempt to claim one. I guess I should print both, if that happens, just in case I ran into problems with them saying one wasn't valid. Hmmmm (great...something else to worry about now).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter