Can you use your points for...

regular hotel rooms instead of the villas or studios? Is there a chart for doing this?
You can get regular hotel rooms at Disneyland with points if you purchased your contract direct through Disney and yes there are points charts available online. However, the only thing you really gain is daily housekeeping and you lose the ability to cook meals etc in the villas. Plus the rooms may not be as nice as the villas - we have only stayed at PP and GCV. Plus the hotel rooms cost more points so have seen many members comment that you are better off to rent your points out and use cash to stay in hotel rooms if that is what you prefer.

At WDW, you can currently use points for moderates, Poly, and YC if you buy direct from Disney. The hotel rooms at Poly will no longer be available on points once the DVC units open there.

The point costs for these resorts are extremely high, much higher than comparable DVC studios, and generally go up every year.

Yes not a good value, you can also use points for the moderates and the cabins and camp sites

Thanks!! In my mind, I thought the regular rooms would be less points since there is more inventory here at the Disneyland resort.

Like other timeshares, the value in DVC is inside the system - in other words, using your points at the DVC resorts. Those other resorts are not part of DVC, and they expect to be paid at a rate comparable to what they charge their cash-paying customers. They negotiate with DVC each year to determine what that rate will be.

Let's put it this way...a regular hotel room in Poly through DVC would be 47 points a night for low season Sun-Thurs, and in DVC you could get a 3 BR grand villa in OKW for a night for the same amount of points! The rate is really not good at all!

Thanks!! In my mind, I thought the regular rooms would be less points since there is more inventory here at the Disneyland resort.
The points required for Disney Hotel stays at Disneyland aren't quite as outrageous as Hotel stays at WDW ... but hotel nights remain more costly in points than studio nights.

The links below are official point charts for 2014 related to DLR. I'm hoping you can reach them?

DVC Grand Cal
http://advc.disney.go.com/media/dvc...acationClub_VillasGrandCalifornian_122712.pdf

Disney Hotels at DLR
http://advc.disney.go.com/media/dvc...14PointsChart_DisneyCollection_DLR_071013.pdf

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter