Can you use Disney Visa Reward redemption cards everywhere in DL?

tessieg

Mouseketeer
We just ordered our first redemption card and wonder where we will be able to us it at DL/DCA/Downtown Disney?
All stores? restaurants(counter and table)?
Can you use it anywhere at Downtown Disney? How about places like Jazz Kitchen that aren't Disney owned? Rainforest Cafe?
Thanks for any help you have!
Tessie

No, you can't use it at non-Disney locations, so places like Jazz Kitchen, Build-a-Bear, Lego Store, etc. are out. Most places in Disneyland and DCA are fine, but there are exceptions such as the balloon sellers, the few carts that don't have credit card readers, the crystal shops (I think), and a few other specialty shops that are in Disney though an outside contract.

I agree with PP that you can use it at most places inside DL and DCA. Mostly it's just the outside carts that are cash only and places like that which will not be able to accept it. We used ours just about everywhere, at Blue Bayou, Cafe Orleans, Hungry Bear, Gift Shops in DL, etc. We also were able to use it in our hotel (Paradise Pier) for dining and in the gift shop. We were told we could also use it for misc hotels charges (parking, etc.) but did not use it for that.

We really like it as it kinda takes care of a large chunk of our dining budget while there! We were very happy with the many many places we could use it. You also can use it in DTD in the World of Disney Store!

Have fun!!:yay:

Thank you so much for the replies! We should have enough to pay for all meals during our 3 day stay so I guess we will stick to places on Disney property! Very excited to have these points and also to see DL for the first time!

Anyone know where I can get my Disney Rewards redemed (or I guess I should say put on a card so I can use around the park) I forgot to send for my reward to come and we are headed to DL in the morning. thanks!

**edit.. never mind found it- guest relations (duh LOL)

any way to pay for disney gift carts with the rewards card? this way I can give my boys 2 seperate cards an when the moneys gone.. its GONE! ??? lol thanks

Anyone know where I can get my Disney Rewards redemed (or I guess I should say put on a card so I can use around the park) I forgot to send for my reward to come and we are headed to DL in the morning. thanks!

**edit.. never mind found it- guest relations (duh LOL)

any way to pay for disney gift carts with the rewards card? this way I can give my boys 2 seperate cards an when the moneys gone.. its GONE! ??? lol thanks

Yes, you can use your rewards card to buy gift cards. It works just like a credit card at Disneyland. So you would go to the hotel or store in the park, tell them how much you want on each card, and use your rewards card to pay. Super easy!

Yes, you can use your rewards card to buy gift cards. It works just like a credit card at Disneyland. So you would go to the hotel or store in the park, tell them how much you want on each card, and use your rewards card to pay. Super easy!

PERFECT thank you so much!!!

Slightly off-topic, but does anyone know if Disney Reward cards are taken at the Disney Museum in San Francisco?

Your mileage may vary. You might run into some CMs who insist that your reward card is already a gift card and that you can't buy a gift card with a gift card. This happened to us.

Slightly off-topic, but does anyone know if Disney Reward cards are taken at the Disney Museum in San Francisco?

I was there in August, and I would say no. That Walt Disney Family Museum seemed independent of the current Disney infrastructure system that would take a Gift Card. They did accept my Dinsey Visa to pay though :). There are $2 coupons online and $3 coupons if you do one of the sightseeing bus tours there in SF.

Tell that to the expiration date on the Rewards Card. :)

That's actually a different problem as one CM lead explained it. When I pointed out that the rewards card wasn't a gift card exactly, they still wouldn't allow the reward card to be used to buy gift cards because gift cards in California can't expire and the reward card does. They said buying gift cards would be a loophole to insure that the rewards points don't expire and that they weren't allowed to do that. Like I said, your milage may vary.

I think I read on another thread that you can buy gift cards online at the Disney Store with your redemption card. I haven't tried it though. One thing I did consider was losing the 10% discount by putting the money on gift cards. Last time we were there we bought all of our souvenirs on the same day, and we were able to save an additional 10% off our larger purchases by paying with our redemption card.

Related question: can the Rewards card (or Disney gift cards for that matter) be used to book Good Neighbor hotel vacation packages? Or would it only cover the amount going towards tickets, etc. and we'd have to pay the rest out of pocket?

Disney reward or gift cards can be used for anything disney property. Usually, we use the disney rewards for all of our food and souvenears, but we are saving them for a disney cruise.

Also, you may not be able to use it at Giradelli(sp?) or Starbucks inside the parks, as these are not run by Disney, so it is unknown yet.

Also, you may not be able to use it at Giradelli(sp?) or Starbucks inside the parks, as these are not run by Disney, so it is unknown yet.

As of this weekend, you could not use your Disney reward card at Ghirardelli's. A CM working there said that you would be able to use it eventually but it hadn't been set up yet.

So, you can use the reward points at all the restaurants, not just the ones listed on the DR site?

Also of note, you get the same 10% off discount with your redemption card that you get with the Disney Visa. "What to do: Use your valid Disney Rewards Visa Card or Disney Rewards® Redemption Card and mention this offer to receive the discount"

Receive 10% off on select merchandise purchases of $50 or more at select locations at the Disneyland® Resort.

10% off select dining locations at the Disneyland® Resort.

Disneyland® Park

Big Thunder Ranch
River Belle Terrace
French Market Restaurant

Disney California Adventure® Park

Cocina Cucamonga

Disneyland® Resort Hotels

Steakhouse 55 Breakfast
Disney's PCH Grill
Storytellers Café Lunch

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter