Can you upgrade once at wdw

libbylast

Mouseketeer
Hi

We have booked via a travel agent to stay at pop in nov.
If we were luckly enough to have some spare cash can we once we arrive get upgraded to a diff hotel. If we were allowed which resort would you recommend for 1st visit with kids aged 4 and 9

Thanks

If you plan on staying at a different hotel, then you need to change your reservations before you arrive.

If you want to ask for an upgrade at POP (from standard to preferred) then you can ask upon arrival, but be prepared that they may not have anything available. If you really really really want preferred then go ahead and change it with your TA before you leave.

If the OP is going during a slow time in November, there may very well be availability at a different resort. They would happily move you to your desired resort and charge you the difference in price. If you have some sort of discount (AAA or anything else) at POP for your trip, you probably would not get a similar discount at the other resort. To the extent you can make your changes before you go, you should try to do so. If you're going during Thanksgiving, I'd say your chances of moving are slim to none. They get to 100% capacity during holidays.

FWIW, Pop is one of our favorite resorts. The CMs and transportation are second to none.

I guess I just couldn't figure out why you would want to bother checking in at a resort that you really didn't want to stay at, and going through all the trouble of going to that resort, with all your stuff, or with ME no stuff and trying to get you and your stuff transferred to a different resort. It just seems waaaayyy easier to change your resort before you leave. JMHO.

Yes, you MAAAYYY be able to do it, but why would you want to go through all of that trouble?

BTW, I staying for the first time at POP in December, and can't wait. I have heard nothing but great things about this resort.

As far as what other resort to recommend? I have not had good luck with moderate resorts, I find the transportation waaayyy better at value resorts. Of course I have only stayed at CBR, it is a beautiful property, but I find transportation the pitts. I personally have decided to go with either value or deluxes.

Good Luck and have a wonderful trip!

The front desk CMs cannot upgrade you in any way. It would be a long process that the back office would have to deal with. It *might* be possible, but don't go in expecting anything. This would be if you are willing to pay more. It's hard to switch hotels but it can be done if there's availablity.. just be prepared for a wait. I have found moderate resort transportation top notch and much better than the values, but everyone has different experiences.

A tip for everyone- don't ask the front desk CM for a free upgrade. They happen randomly as "magic moments" and are decided before we even pull up the reservation. We do not have the power or knowledge to upgrade a room :)

i assume that for the right price, you can pretty much upgrade to anything you want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter