Can you upgrade a Twilight ticket?

BadRomance

This does not define you
Can you upgrade a twilight ticket to a hopper?

(Twilight tickets are used for the 1/2 marathon weekends only, I think) :confused3

Well.... thinking aloud here...

They are purchased, which means they have a cash value. I would guess that they can be upgraded as long as it is done on the same day the ticket is used (because you cannot upgrade an expired ticket).

The thing is though... I don't believe there is such a thing as a twilight parkhopper so you would be upgrading to a full priced parkhopper.

This is an educated guess, not based on fact.

- Dreams

Twilight tickets are a convention ticket so if you have access to them you should also have access to the other convention ticket types. I think it would be cheaper to just buy a one day park hopper convention ticket than it would be to upgrade to a one day park hopper at the gates (assuming they do allow upgrades on convention tickets, which I'm not sure about).

The twilight ticket I have from Nov of last year says it is not upgradeable. It wasn't purchased by me, so I don't know anything about it beyond what's printed on it.

I was under the understanding that the only way you could enter the park the evening the twilight tickets were issued for was to have a twilight ticket- which had to be purchased seperately fro ma regular park hopper ticket... so I doubt you could upgrade it, since it is in essence your ticket to a special event, and not a normal evening at the park. Kind of like the mickey's halloween party tickets- they had to be purchased in addition to normal park tickets.

I was under the understanding that the only way you could enter the park the evening the twilight tickets were issued for was to have a twilight ticket- which had to be purchased seperately fro ma regular park hopper ticket... so I doubt you could upgrade it, since it is in essence your ticket to a special event, and not a normal evening at the park. Kind of like the mickey's halloween party tickets- they had to be purchased in addition to normal park tickets.
So on nights the Twilight Tickets are available, all other guests have to leave? I'm planning on attending the Neverland 5k in January that comes with a Twilight Ticket, and it would be a pretty nice perk to have the park emptied out except for other runners.

At some theme parks if you enter after a certain time, you don't have to pay full price, but that's not how Disneyland works. These types of tickets are not something available to the general public and cannot be purchased at the gates.

Typically the half-day tickets are for convention guests that buy them through the convention. For special events like the marathon, CHOC, etc., they typically offer reduced price one-day tickets which you could buy and I'm assuming upgrade, but you'd have to pay the difference between the discount and the full-price at the gate of the next level you like, so you'd lose any savings. I see that the Neverland 5K includes a twilight ticket, but since it's included as part of the registration fee and is not something that you purchase separately, I'm not sure if you could upgrade it or not. It would say on the ticket.

I think farmgirljen might be confusing convention tickets with special event tickets like the Halloween party or Grad Nights. In THOSE cases, guests that don't have those tickets will be asked to leave after a certain time, but twilight tickets don't work that way. Scribble Kitty, for your Neverland 5K, the parks will not be closing early and emptied out. A twilight ticket just means you can't enter until after 4:00 PM.

MrsJackSparrow4life and Sonnyjane are right, at least based on my experience. I used a twilight ticket three years ago, when I was a convention and could only spend the evening in the park.

They are NOT a special event ticket; they are a discount/special promotion offered to conventions in town. The park doesn't empty out...it's just a discounted ticket that's good from 4 p.m. until closing.

They were a one-park ticket then, and in order to parkhop, I would have needed to buy a full-day parkhopper ticket. I decided it was worth the price savings (which was substantial) to stay in one park.

Most conventions in town offer discounted parkhopper tickets too, if that's why you'll be in town. If you want to parkhop, or if you'll be going for more than one day, the discounted parkhoppers are totally a better deal.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for clarification. The RunDisney website doesn't really give a lot of information about the Twilight Ticket, so this helps with the confusion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter