Can you take...

Yes, if it is in your checked luggage. Just watch the weight. Over 50 lbs. and extra charge & now most are charging for second bag.

I don't think there are any restrictions on liquids in your checked baggage, but every airline is different, so you'll want to check. However ... I don't know that I'd want to pack liquor or drinks in my suitcase, considering how those cases get tossed around. You'll get to your destination and your entire suitcase could be soaking wet and smelling of scotch.

Wouldn't it be easier to just hit a liquor store once you've landed?

:earsboy:

I don't think there are any restrictions on liquids in your checked baggage, but every airline is different, so you'll want to check. However ... I don't know that I'd want to pack liquor or drinks in my suitcase, considering how those cases get tossed around. You'll get to your destination and your entire suitcase could be soaking wet and smelling of scotch.

Wouldn't it be easier to just hit a liquor store once you've landed?

:earsboy:

we are taking magical express so i dont really know how that would work out

actually (probably due to combustibility) there are limitations placed on alcohol in checked baggage.

Carrying Alcohol In Your Checked Baggage

Please note, you can’t take alcoholic beverages with more than 70% alcohol content (140 proof), including 95% grain alcohol and 150 proof rum, in your checked luggage.

You may take up to five liters of alcohol with alcohol content between 24% and 70% per person as checked luggage if it’s packaged in a sealable bottle or flask.

Alcoholic beverages with less than 24% alcohol content are not subject to hazardous materials regulations.

from http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/assistant/editorial_1189.shtm

alcohol is sold on property at resorts. everything from beer to JD.

An easy way to get around the possible bottle breakage is to stock up on the mini bottles (you can now get mini bottles of decent wine as well as liquor) and stuff each bottle in a roll of your socks or down into your shoes (in checked luggage). At $2-$3 per bottle, they are obviously more expensive than just taking down normal-sized bottles, but I would wager they are comparable to the price of Disney-taxed alcohol, and you can be sure you have what you want. Either way have a good time and drink up! :drinking1

and, like i said, alcohol is sold at the resorts (usually in the gift shops). everything from beer to jack daniels.

the alcohol they sell in the gift shops are very expensive. I was looking at the prices this past august.

There are no liquor stores within walking distance of the All-Stars, but all Disney resorts have a decent selection of wine, beer, and liquor in their gift shops. If they don't have what you want, you can always get a cab to a liquor store. I wouldn't bother taking it on the plane.

i have taken cokes in a ziploc bag in my luggage and juice boxes and have not had any problems. my friends brought wine in their luggage also.

This is a question best asked on the Transportation Board... Not a lot to do with themeparks here.. :)

I'm moving this one to Transportation then.. Thanks!

Knox

WDWSearcher said:
Not to mention, the suitcases and belongings of your fellow passengers...

Carol's Time Tested method for packing booze!

1. Wrap booze in plastic drycleaing bag
2. Put that in a zip lock baggie
3. Put bundle from 2 in ANOTHER zip lock
4. Wrap in clothing/towel
5. Put in the MIDDLE of a FULL suitcase. Surrounded on all four sides by clothing. Movement is the enemy.

So far so good! Never even a drop leaked on numerous trips. (Generally it's a bottle of wine I found in some exoctic place LOL!)

United does NOT permit alcohol in checked luggage unless packed following specific instructions on their website, including a special permitted container. There are reports of checked luggage being rejected at US airports unless the passenger removes the alcohol.

I have been the recipient of having my luggage soaked and my clothes impermeated with the odour of alcohol thanks to careless travellers, so unless one is packing something very unsusual I request that you consider buying your beverages at your destination.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter