Can you take...

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by MICKEY1024, Apr 2, 2008.

1. MICKEY1024

MICKEY1024 Mouseketeer

liquids on the plan if you pack it in your suitcase, such as drinks, or liquor

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. tkldisney

tkldisney DIS Veteran

Yes, if it is in your checked luggage. Just watch the weight. Over 50 lbs. and extra charge & now most are charging for second bag.

4. WDSearcher

WDSearcher DIS Veteran

I don't think there are any restrictions on liquids in your checked baggage, but every airline is different, so you'll want to check. However ... I don't know that I'd want to pack liquor or drinks in my suitcase, considering how those cases get tossed around. You'll get to your destination and your entire suitcase could be soaking wet and smelling of scotch.

Wouldn't it be easier to just hit a liquor store once you've landed?

:earsboy:

5. MICKEY1024

MICKEY1024 Mouseketeer

we are taking magical express so i dont really know how that would work out

6. bradk

bradk She runs to get away from you.

actually (probably due to combustibility) there are limitations placed on alcohol in checked baggage.

from http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/assistant/editorial_1189.shtm

alcohol is sold on property at resorts. everything from beer to JD.

7. WDSearcher

WDSearcher DIS Veteran

Depending on where you're staying, there are liquor stores within walking distance.

:earsboy:

8. MICKEY1024

MICKEY1024 Mouseketeer

All Star Movies???

9. VW_Guy

VW_Guy "You spent three days lying on a beach drinking ru

An easy way to get around the possible bottle breakage is to stock up on the mini bottles (you can now get mini bottles of decent wine as well as liquor) and stuff each bottle in a roll of your socks or down into your shoes (in checked luggage). At $2-$3 per bottle, they are obviously more expensive than just taking down normal-sized bottles, but I would wager they are comparable to the price of Disney-taxed alcohol, and you can be sure you have what you want. Either way have a good time and drink up! :drinking1

10. Bobo912

Bobo912 DIS Veteran

I don't think there is a liquor store within walking distance of ASMo, but there is a bar by the pool.

11. bradk

bradk She runs to get away from you.

and, like i said, alcohol is sold at the resorts (usually in the gift shops). everything from beer to jack daniels.

12. buzz2400

buzz2400 <font color=teal>The TF waves to buzz2400's DS

the alcohol they sell in the gift shops are very expensive. I was looking at the prices this past august.

13. Lynne M

Lynne M Moderator Moderator

There are no liquor stores within walking distance of the All-Stars, but all Disney resorts have a decent selection of wine, beer, and liquor in their gift shops. If they don't have what you want, you can always get a cab to a liquor store. I wouldn't bother taking it on the plane.

14. GoofyTraci

GoofyTraci DIS Veteran

i have taken cokes in a ziploc bag in my luggage and juice boxes and have not had any problems. my friends brought wine in their luggage also.

15. CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy <font color=green><br><br><font color=blue>Me and

This is a question best asked on the Transportation Board... Not a lot to do with themeparks here.. :)

I'm moving this one to Transportation then.. Thanks!

Knox

16. kaytieeldr

kaytieeldr Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - b

Not to mention, the suitcases and belongings of your fellow passengers...

17. CarolA

CarolA <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

Carol's Time Tested method for packing booze!

1. Wrap booze in plastic drycleaing bag
    2. Put that in a zip lock baggie
    3. Put bundle from 2 in ANOTHER zip lock
    4. Wrap in clothing/towel
    5. Put in the MIDDLE of a FULL suitcase. Surrounded on all four sides by clothing. Movement is the enemy.

So far so good! Never even a drop leaked on numerous trips. (Generally it's a bottle of wine I found in some exoctic place LOL!)

18. bavaria

bavaria <font color=deeppink>Makes the best of both worlds

United does NOT permit alcohol in checked luggage unless packed following specific instructions on their website, including a special permitted container. There are reports of checked luggage being rejected at US airports unless the passenger removes the alcohol.

I have been the recipient of having my luggage soaked and my clothes impermeated with the odour of alcohol thanks to careless travellers, so unless one is packing something very unsusual I request that you consider buying your beverages at your destination.