Can you take Vancouver skytrain to the port?

I would say 10 minutes is a very conservative estimate - the station is literally around the corner from the cruise port. Maybe 2 city blocks? It's super easy - this is how we got from the airport to the cruise port and back, and it was very simple to use.

Yes you can! It’s very easy. The Canada line from the airport goes to waterfront station which I believe is the last stop. The walk through the airport will be longer than the walk from waterfront station to the cruise terminal.
If you have some extra time you can eat at Mahoney and Sons at the waters edge for a great meal. If you want to do any pre-cruise shopping you can take the skytrain from waterfront to pacific centre.
The Olympic torch is right their as well for some sight seeing.

I would say 10 minutes is a very conservative estimate - the station is literally around the corner from the cruise port. Maybe 2 city blocks? It's super easy - this is how we got from the airport to the cruise port and back, and it was very simple to use.
I walked this recently with my phone camera recording because someone in our cruise group wanted to check the accessibility of the walk. It was 5.5 minutes from the canada line to the port.

Does each person need a credit card at the turnstiles to pay?
We bought our ticket at the machines just at the track and train. I think it shot out 2 tickets cant remember. Than just put it under the scanner to get on the train.

Does each person need a credit card at the turnstiles to pay?
Yes. Then tap on and off the train.

Also can use phone wallet.

Can also purchase paper tickets at a machine - for those who share a credit card, this is an option.

Last edited:
Also, if you can set your credit card to be used only in specific countries, make sure Canada is selected. It will most likely be your first time using your card in Canada after arrival.

When we went we bought an all day ticket and were able to tour the city and get to the hotel/port. They have different age rates too. Keep track of your ticket because you need it to get in and out of the station.

We did this as a family of four (kids 11 and 9) rolling large luggage and it was really easy. It’s rare that a train station lines up so perfectly with a port but this is one of those times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter