Can you take Hotel Towels to Water Park

This thread is :lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:! Some people are so pompous and self righteous they are like caricatures.

An example of just how worried Disney seems to be about towels: We are DVC owners and do not get daily mousekeeping so I wash our villa towels every day. About mid week, we have trash & towel service where they are supposed to change out the towels and carry out the trash. Most of the time they actually do a full clean up though. Anyway, without fail they LEAVE the original towels and give us an entire new set of towels for each bathroom. So we end up with double and, if the trip is long enough, triple supply of towels. This leads me to the conclusion that there are no towel shortages at Disney and we can safely assume that as long as we are not taking their towels to our own homes, our morals are safely intact. :wizard:

Completely off-topic... But I just want to say how much I hate seeing that popcorn smiley at the beginning of posts like this. It's like people are just sitting at their computers waiting for some sort of drama to start. The Disboards have gotten progressively worse about this over the years I've been on here, and it's really starting to bug me. I don't understand why people can't just answer the genuine questions people have without telling them how wrong they are about something. :confused3

I agree completely. It's so snarky & childish to post that popcorn eater and it almost begs people to start being confrontational.

Answer this question: Do the towels belong to you, for you to do what you wish with them? If the answer is "no" then what gives you the right to take them away from the hotel? Maybe it isn't a big deal to some people, but with the cost of cotton, it has become a big deal to hotels. And yes, some are even tracking towels. Doesn't anyone watch the news anymore?

Is it a big deal in the scheme of life? No. But the OP asked a question, and I just offered my take. The towels are not my personal property, so I wouldn't dream of taking them. Even to somewhere else on Disney property. I wouldn't think to remove anything that didn't belong to me from the resort. And to do so is just odd, imho.

We do this. To me, taking a Disney towel, to a Disney waterpark is fine. Now if I go to the waterpark over at Sea World, then no I would not take a Disney resort pool towel over there and stick it in their bin. But I don't look at this as me suddenly feeling like the towel belongs to me and I'll do with it as I please but rather the towel belongs to Disney to use at a pool so if I take it to a waterpark (as in another pool owned by Disney) use it, and put it in that bin vs the bin at CSR, well what's the diff? I like my moral discussions but on this little topic, I disagree that I am taking the Disney towel and up to no good with it.

Last time I rented a towel at a waterpark it was identical to the resort pool towels. I honestly think those towels are mostly rented by off site guests or somebody who forgets their towel. Very few people seem to rent them (I notice this as I rent my locker each time we visit a waterpark, around 3-5 times each trip).

To me the resort pool towels are under the umbrella of what I pay for with my resort and as long as I use it for the same purpose (pool in this case) and am not stealing it to take off property, then its all good.

Maybe I am justifying but it sounds like most feel like me.

Oh yeah, one time we were doing this and a lifeguard saw us and said "which waterpark you guys heading to?". He didn't get out his handcuffs and take us in so maybe he either doens't read disboards or felt like his paycheck was safe in spite of our towel habits. Another time, when we added the waterpark option on to our tickets at check in, the cm told us various things about the waterparks and then said "be sure and grab some towels from the main pool here so you don't have to rent".

As was mentioned, it is posted by Disney that this is ok. End of discussion. :thumbsup2

Excellent! We will do this in the future.

Also, I was the one who said we take our pool towels when we pool hop to other resorts. We do this so we can sit on them in the car ride back without soaking the seats of the car. (And then we drop them in our pool towel bin.)

We do this. To me, taking a Disney towel, to a Disney waterpark is fine. Now if I go to the waterpark over at Sea World, then no I would not take a Disney resort pool towel over there and stick it in their bin. But I don't look at this as me suddenly feeling like the towel belongs to me and I'll do with it as I please but rather the towel belongs to Disney to use at a pool so if I take it to a waterpark (as in another pool owned by Disney) use it, and put it in that bin vs the bin at CSR, well what's the diff? I like my moral discussions but on this little topic, I disagree that I am taking the Disney towel and up to no good with it.

:thumbsup2I agree with this, especially the highlighted part. When we stayed offsite years ago, we rented the towels because we didn't have any with us. I think that is the main reason for towel rentals. They don't want them going off WDW property, but if they do, they have at least made up some of the money by charging a rental fee.

OP did not specify a disney hotel unlees I missed it. I would take the hotel room or pool towels to a water park not matter what hotel (Disney or non-Disney) I was staying in and no matter what water park I was going to (Disney or non-Disney).

If I rented the room then I've rented the towels that go with the room...:thumbsup2

Now, can I take hotel pool towels home with me if I return them on my next vacation?:happytv:

Removing towels from a resort is not allowed in general. Now, if you don't get caught and bring them back? I figure it's okay.

We do this when pool hopping so that we have a towel to sit on when driving back to the resort we are staying at.

Since my google-fu has not brought up the answer, I would suggest phoning the resort directly and asking if you are interested in the official line.

While I'm not saying you are wrong.. I do want to say that I was told, as of just TWO weeks ago while we were there, by our hotel concierge (POR), that it was perfectly okay to take hotel towels to the water parks and FURTHERMORE, he told us to please not feel I needed to bring them back to the hotel because all towels are sent and cleaned in the same facility and will be distributed to the hotels accordingly. He said to just take them with us and leave them there and not give it another thought!

Just sayin'.... :)

While I'm not saying you are wrong.. I do want to say that I was told, as of just TWO weeks ago while we were there, by our hotel concierge (POR), that it was perfectly okay to take hotel towels to the water parks and FURTHERMORE, he told us to please not feel I needed to bring them back to the hotel because all towels are sent and cleaned in the same facility and will be distributed to the hotels accordingly. He said to just take them with us and leave them there and not give it another thought!

Perhaps you missed my excited update post. I am happy to hear it. One less thing to be paranoid about!

Just anouther opinion on this towel subject.
If i buy something to drink in fantasyland, can i walk over to frontierland and
toss the empty cup into a trash can there or do i have to go back to fantasyland to dispose of it there? :confused3 :rotfl2:

I always did the same thing....bringing a towel from our resort to use at a DISNEY water park on property is no biggie and even condoned/encouraged by the CM's at the resort....Personally, however, I like to BUY my towel at the waterparks...they have such a nice selection and I made it a point to buy one from each WP when I went...I love the nice big towels, great souveniers!! :)

It would never have occured to me that it was okay to leave hotel pool towels at the WP. That's useful information. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter