Can you take Hotel Towels to Water Park

BarbossasWench

Mouseketeer
Can you take the Hotel Pool Towels to the Water Parks?

I have no idea and I don't want to get negative feedback, please. I want to follow the rules, but I don't have a lot of room left in my luggage :)

We did this in Nov 2009 (that's the last time we've been when we went to a waterpark) and it worked fine. We just picked up towels at the pool before we got on the bus and used them at Blizzard Beach. I had gotten the tip on here when doing some research for the trip and we had no problems.

Can you take the Hotel Pool Towels to the Water Parks?

I have no idea and I don't want to get negative feedback, please. I want to follow the rules, but I don't have a lot of room left in my luggage :)

I don't know what the rules are but I would do it.:thumbsup2

Instead of taking them out of the storage bin, pick some up from the chairs that people are saving but not ever using.;)

I would say no. The towels don't belong to you, and you shouldn't be taking them away from the resort, which is where they do belong. I can only imagine how many towels the resort would loose if many people did what you are thinking of. Not everyone is careful with their stuff.

Have you thought about shipping a box down to your resort? You can always UPS a small box and have it waiting for you.

We do it

The towels you rent at the WP are the exact towel that you get at your resort pool

There are no signs posted anywhere I have seen around the resort pool that say not to take the pool towels back to your room

If you feel real self rightious you can even bring them back to the resort after you're done. We leave them in the dirty bin at the WP. I'm sure towels are all laundered and delivered/distributed from a centralized location anyways - not as if you're taking a towel from a Marriott and leaving it at a Disney owned property.

I am not sure but I thought I read that you could rent towels for a couple dollars at the water parks..Disney vacations are in no way cheap so whats a couple of dollars even if you have to share? That way you dont have to take something that does not belong to you and only have to worry about returning it right at the park...:thumbsup2

I took the hotel towels to water parks with me, and I brought them back. What's the big deal if you return it?

I took the hotel towels to water parks with me, and I brought them back. What's the big deal if you return it?

Not everyone would bother return them. And they are not your property to begin with, so they are not yours to take elsewhere.

Not everyone would bother return them. And they are not your property to begin with, so they are not yours to take elsewhere.

This only matters if the towels are allocated or rationed in some manner. If someone told me this was the case I might think differently about it.

No one is proposing it's ok to take the towels home, but as long as you're never removing them from WDW property and returning them to WDW when you are done using them, then I'd think it's fine.

I did it last time we were there. And I took the towels from our room, not even the towels from the pool. Next time, I'll probably grab some towels from the pool.

I don't see anything wrong with it as long as you return them to your resort. It's not like the OP is planning to take the towels home with them.

I would return them back to the pool I got them at if I borrowed them.

Let's provide information in a positive fashion now! Please? Can't we all get along? I'm asking because I didn't know. :sad2:

Removing towels from a resort is not allowed in general. Now, if you don't get caught and bring them back? I figure it's okay.

We do this when pool hopping so that we have a towel to sit on when driving back to the resort we are staying at.

Since my google-fu has not brought up the answer, I would suggest phoning the resort directly and asking if you are interested in the official line.

I don't know if it's allowed or not, but we do it all the time and we see other people do it. We will grab a couple of towels from the pool and take them with us. We usually wrap them around our lower halfs on the way back to the resort so we don't get the seats wet.

The way I see it, it's the same as taking towels from the pool back to the room, which we do all the time and no one has said anything. I took the Backstage Magic tour and the said that all the towels in the resort go to a central laundry and then are divided up and sent back to the resorts so it would not be a net loss to the resort.

My suggestion would be only to take one per person and to make sure you return it to the resort when you are done.

Are the towels available for rent at the water parks different from the ones at the resort? Are the towels for the water parks laundered at a different facility?

My goodness. Disney takes all the recyclables out of the regular trash cans, you think they could make sure towels were back where they needed to be. What is the big deal?

I don't think I'd be really concerned about pool towel to WP, but I sure wouldn't take one from my hotel room to the WP. I could see someone taking it while you're at the WP and being one towel short at check-out. Disney would just assume that you stole it, charge you and probably put you on a "watch list." Then you'd find out what Sheriff Mickey is REALLY like - forget those 20's silent "propaganda" films he made about his police work.:happytv:

Are the towels available for rent at the water parks different from the ones at the resort? Are the towels for the water parks laundered at a different facility?

My goodness. Disney takes all the recyclables out of the regular trash cans, you think they could make sure towels were back where they needed to be. What is the big deal?
You are right, what is the big deal? Certain posters on these boards however are obsessed with "you can't do this, you can't do that attitude all the time". Instead of going to WDW and having a good time, they seem to care more about what other people in their minds are doing wrong. That's why you get the ridiculous comment "It's not your property, so don't you dare take those towels out of the room". For goodness sakes, the OP didn't say he was going to steal them and take them home, he was going to return them to the hotel. By the way I hope the OP doesn't take any towel animals home (if they are lucky enough to get them) or certain posters will "go off the deep end".

You are right, what is the big deal? Certain posters on these boards however are obsessed with "you can't do this, you can't do that attitude all the time". Instead of going to WDW and having a good time, they seem to care more about what other people in their minds are doing wrong. That's why you get the ridiculous comment "It's not your property, so don't you dare take those towels out of the room". For goodness sakes, the OP didn't say he was going to steal them and take them home, he was going to return them to the hotel. By the way I hope the OP doesn't take any towel animals home (if they are lucky enough to get them) or certain posters will "go off the deep end".

Answer this question: Do the towels belong to you, for you to do what you wish with them? If the answer is "no" then what gives you the right to take them away from the hotel? Maybe it isn't a big deal to some people, but with the cost of cotton, it has become a big deal to hotels. And yes, some are even tracking towels. Doesn't anyone watch the news anymore?

Is it a big deal in the scheme of life? No. But the OP asked a question, and I just offered my take. The towels are not my personal property, so I wouldn't dream of taking them. Even to somewhere else on Disney property. I wouldn't think to remove anything that didn't belong to me from the resort. And to do so is just odd, imho.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter