• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can you take a picture of us? An adult only Premium report.

NoodlesMom

DIS Veteran
I've lived on DIS for the last six months. In June we took a trip with the kiddos and had so much fun, we came right back. This time was a little different. This was an adult only trip.

Now, let me start by saying that it was a very hard decision to leave the kids at home. We all love Disney and love going together. While walking around the boardwalk in June, DH said "Wouldn't it be nice to come back for your birthday with just me and you," and the idea was born :idea:. He really should know better than to say things like that around me.

While researching what to do on an adult only trip, I came across the idea to do a one night premium package. If you haven't read about this, there is an entire thread dedicated to this. I thought it was an awesome idea and it worked out perfectly for us. This was our third trip to DW and after just going to the parks a few months ago, it was an awesome change.

I hope you enjoy. We sure did:cool1:.

Coming up: 1st day of the Premium Package. Ft. Wilderness Segway, Boat Rental, Ohana, La Nouba

Looking forward to your trip report. We want to try the one night premium package in 2011.

Today was a very long day. We arrived in Orlando last night at 11:30. After taking Magical Express to All Star Sports, we checked in and arrived to the room around 1:30 am. We were exhausted. I don’t think I will ever try a late flight like that again. We woke up today around 7am and took a cab to Fort Wilderness around 7:30. Our Segway tour was at 8:30 and we were asked to arrive at 8:15. I knew that it would take us over an hour if we used Disney transportation so we just took a cab. The cab ride from ASSp cost about $16.
When we arrived in the cab, we were told to take the internal bus to the bike barn. The bus ride was less than 5 minutes.
30thDisney005.jpg

When we arrived, we went had a 20 minute safety presentation and we were off.
30thDisney008.jpg

I must say that this was a blast. Our instructors were awesome and very knowlegable about there Disney trivia. The quizzed us about Disney throughout the tour. One of the first stops was at the horse barn. This was pretty interesting. We only stayed here for about ten minutes before continuing on our tour.
30thDisney014.jpg

30thDisney016.jpg

Once we got to the lake, they told us to pose for a rated G photo and one rated PG. This was the PG pose.
30thDisney010.jpg

That looks like fun!
In your room at 1AM and already on Segways at 8:30AM... I like it!

The tour was about an hour and a half. We chose the 8:30 tour because I read on DIS that the 11:30 can gets a little warm. I am so happy we did. The weather was perfect! After the tour we rented a Boston Whaler and took a trip around the world. Of course this is included in the package. The CM’s didn’t really know how to charge the package. It took about 10 minutes but they figured it out eventually. We kept the boat for about an hour.
30thDisney025.jpg

At this point, it was about 12:00. We hopped on a bus and headed to Cookes of Dublin for lunch. We paid OOP for this one.

30thDisney044.jpg

The food was just ok to me. We didn't eat breakfast so we were starving. We planned to go to earl of sandwich but the bus stop at Market place was temporarily closed and we couldn't walk to far without passing out. There was no line here so we said, “what the heck." I don't think they will see me again but it was okay.

I originally had a reservation at Citricos but Ohana is a tradition that we didn’t want to break. I tried everyday for about a month to get an Ohana ressie with no luck. We decided that if we could not walk up, we would head over to Citricos. We arrived at Ohana at 5:15 and there were only two families ahead of me. When I got to the front of the line I asked if there was any availability. We were seated in 5 minutes!

It was an off night at Ohana but I’m glad we went. As always, the dessert was to die for!

We’ve eaten at Ohana twice before but this was the first time we took a walk around the Poly at night. It was gorgeous! I would love to stay here one day! This picture was taken outside near the torches.

30thDisney074.jpg

Up Next: Day 1: La Nouba
Day 2: Parasailing, Water Skiing, Tubing, Jet Skiing, Fultons Crab House, Private Photo Session, Surrey Bikes, Yachtsmans Steak House

Well HELLO, Noodlesmom!! Your report is amazing. Don't you just love the FW Segway! Our tour guide was Ron too. He was such a riot!!

So glad I found this trip report because I am seriously considering doing this. I think its an awesome idea. I got the idea after shelling out $90 to do the segway tour in Epcot. Doh. For a little bit more and the cost of a park ticket I can do a heck of a lot more than one segway tour and I can eat 3 signature meals. And I have them picked out already - Jiko, Citricos, and CRT. I will have a car so I'm not to worried about getting around. I have already seen Cirque so I con't know whether I should plan this when Cirque is dark or just go see it again. It really is a great show!

I really can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!

Well HELLO, Noodlesmom!! Your report is amazing. Don't you just love the FW Segway! Our tour guide was Ron too. He was such a riot!!

Hello there. I loved your trip report! We thought the segway tour was awsome. I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. We are taking DD 10 and DS 6 for spring break and thinking about doing the premium plan. The only think that I don't like is that I don't think we will be able to do the segway tour. The brochure says that you get "babysitting" at some of the hotels but I don't think any of them open early enough for us to do the tour.

So glad I found this trip report because I am seriously considering doing this. I think its an awesome idea. I got the idea after shelling out $90 to do the segway tour in Epcot. Doh. For a little bit more and the cost of a park ticket I can do a heck of a lot more than one segway tour and I can eat 3 signature meals. And I have them picked out already - Jiko, Citricos, and CRT. I will have a car so I'm not to worried about getting around. I have already seen Cirque so I con't know whether I should plan this when Cirque is dark or just go see it again. It really is a great show!

I really can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!

I think we may go when it is dark for our next trip. The kids haven't seen it but I don’t think I have to go back. Do you know what you get if it is dark? I think that I read something about getting a gift certificate somewhere.

After leaving Ohana, we headed to Downtown Disney to see La Nouba. I honestly can’t tell you much about the show. We were both exhausted by this point. I think that I may have fallen asleep a few times. From what I did see, it was a very nice show. We didn’t take any pictures here. You can’t use your camera inside.

Day 2
We checked into the Dolphin today. All star sports moved our luggage this morning so we didn’t have to worry about that. I’ve stayed at Pop twice and loved it. After the stay at All star sports, I will stick with Pop from now on. I did not like it at all. My sister works for Sheraton so we got a great rate at the Dolphin. We stayed here for the next two nights. I wish we would have stayed here all four nights.

This morning we had a reservation for parasailing at 9 and the other watersports at 9:30. This was my first time parasailing. I was a little apprehensive about it at first but it was wonderful. Disney is the perfect place to parasail. I had a bird’s eye view of everything. I wish that I would have taken the camera in the air with me. DH water skied (kinda, he kept falling off) and we both tubed and jet skied.

Copy2of30thDisney085-1.jpg

Copyof30thDisney108.jpg

Copyof30thDisney096.jpg

Copyof30thDisney118.jpg

Copyof30thDisney124.jpg

Copy2of30thDisney087.jpg

Day 2 Continued

After we left the contemporary we hopped on the bus and went back to Downtown Disney. We ate at Fulton’s for lunch today and it was delicious. This was by far my favorite meal of the entire trip. Even though we were here for lunch, their website states that you can get dinner items for lunch as long as you ask. Well we asked and we did receive! I ordered the Crab and Lobster Bisque for and appetizer and DH ordered the Blue Crab Cake. They were both very yummy but we’ve had better. Unlike the Disney dinning plan, you still get an appetizer on the premium plan.

30thDisney160.jpg

30thDisney159.jpg

I had to start another paragraph to explain the next dish. It deserves to have it’s own description. My meal was the Lobster Narragansett. Let me start by saying that I am not a lobster fan at all. I figured I would give it a try since we were on vacation. It was absolutely wonderful. Just look at that picture. I’m getting hungry just thinking about it! I substituted the mashed potatoes for the new potatoes that usually come with the dish.

30thDisney162.jpg

DH ordered the Alaska King Crab Claws and Australian Lobster Tail. He said that it was very good is but his mouth was watering over my dish. I let him have a small bite.

30thDisney161.jpg

I ordered the Classic Tollhouse Cookie Sundae and DH had the Double Chocolate Cake which we got to-go. It was pretty good.

30thDisney165.jpg

This is a little hard to read but this lunch would have cost us $111.30 So far, the plan has already paid for itself and then some.
30thDisney167.jpg

Coming up: Beach Club photo session, dinner at Yachtsmans Steakhouse, Surrey bikes, The Dolphin

Love, love,loving your report! we loved our premium plan 1 night stay our girl only group is going platinum next summer! my speadsheet is already started!

Hello there. I loved your trip report! We thought the segway tour was awsome. I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. We are taking DD 10 and DS 6 for spring break and thinking about doing the premium plan. The only think that I don't like is that I don't think we will be able to do the segway tour. The brochure says that you get "babysitting" at some of the hotels but I don't think any of them open early enough for us to do the tour.

I read that if you are on the Platinum, you get unlimited in-room baby sitting from an "trusted" outside agency. However, that's only available with the Platinum. Hey you know what, maybe it's time to look into doing the "Platinum" :goodvibes

I read that if you are on the Platinum, you get unlimited in-room baby sitting from an "trusted" outside agency. However, that's only available with the Platinum. Hey you know what, maybe it's time to look into doing the "Platinum" :goodvibes

We thought about doing the Platinum plan but with the kids being only 6 and 10, there isn't much for them to do. I also have a trip plan brewing for next year during food and wine (DH has no clue). Mabey we will try it then.

Oh...that meal looks devine! Yum.

If Cirque is dark I read that you get a voucher for the amount that I guess you can use at Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter