can you take a laptop into the parks?

newholidayx2

<font color=green>Searching for the perfect tree<b
on resort changing day?
changing from Pop to BCV by way of EpCot
entering the front, riding a few rides (at least grabbing FPs), then checking into the BCV early

A laptop computer can be taken into the parks.
BUT (as you said) I think that would only be on SELECTED resort changing days.

For example, if the resort changing day was on the 5th Wednesday of the month, the laptop might need to be powered off during the passage under Spaceship Earth.
Likewise, if the laptop had been used for email the previous morning, you might want to respond to the newest files before riding M:S that day (or at least sometime after).
A laptop can actually be an asset if you are picking up FP for Soarin'... use it like a freelow, and your return time can be reduced or extended by a similar amount.

The thing to remember is, if you were leaving BVC and checking into Pop, the situation might be slightly reversed and there MIGHT be the need to counterflange the hydroturbofram, but anyone with a laptop would already know this.

You can check out more interesting techniques my upcoming book, "How to Carry a Laptop Through Epcot on Resort Changing Day; Fantasy or Myth" as soon as I write it.

:confused:

Just curious, but why do you want to take a laptop into the parks? Do you plan to carry it around with you the whole day?

For example, if the resort changing day was on the 5th Wednesday of the month, the laptop might need to be powered off during the passage under Spaceship Earth.
Likewise, if the laptop had been used for email the previous morning, you might want to respond to the newest files before riding M:S that day (or at least sometime after).
A laptop can actually be an asset if you are picking up FP for Soarin'... use it like a freelow, and your return time can be reduced or extended by a similar amount.

The thing to remember is, if you were leaving BVC and checking into Pop, the situation might be slightly reversed and there MIGHT be the need to counterflange the hydroturbofram, but anyone with a laptop would already know this.

You can check out more interesting techniques my upcoming book, "How to Carry a Laptop Through Epcot on Resort Changing Day; Fantasy or Myth" as soon as I write it.

:lmao: !!
If this is true, no one, under any circumstances, is to EVER let my DH find out about it !!! It's bad enough he walks around with the *%#@ cell phone plugged into his ear !!!:badpc: ;)

:lmao: !!
If this is true, no one, under any circumstances, is to EVER let my DH find out about it !!! It's bad enough he walks around with the *%#@ cell phone plugged into his ear !!!:badpc: ;)
On our last trip, we not only saw people with cell phones plugged into their ears, but a lot of people with ipods too.

:confused:

:scared:

Just curious, but why do you want to take a laptop into the parks? Do you plan to carry it around with you the whole day?
Since they are changing resorts they will be having bBell Services move the luggage and apparently do not want to take a chance of the laptop either being damaged or vanishing during the move.

Yes you can, but it will be subject to a good looking through at the security checkpoints. DH brought his into the MK a year or two ago (& put in a rented locker) on our last day rather than leaving with Bell Services or in the very hot car.

If you are concerned about leaving it with Bell Services, and must atake it into the park, how about locking it into a locker so you don't have to carry it around.

Okay - last fall I saw a child riding in a stroller with a DVD player sitting in front of them watching a movie!!! What? There isn't enough stimulation in the Magic Kingdom, you have to put on a movie for your child?

Okay - last fall I saw a child riding in a stroller with a DVD player sitting in front of them watching a movie!!! What? There isn't enough stimulation in the Magic Kingdom, you have to put on a movie for your child?

WOW. My car came with LCD monitors in the headrests, a dvd player, and bluetooth headphones. And my kids don't watch movies when we're in the car unless we're on a 6+ hour drive, and even then they ask for maybe ONE movie during the entire trip. It saddens me that car time is now "tv time" for many families - as this is a time I truly enjoy either interacting with my kids, or singing along together to songs on the stereo. I guess "tv time" has now spread to theme parks as well - I cannot even imagine such a thing.

Why the heck would you need an iPod or a DVD player inside the parks!? That's just crazy talk!

The laptop situation is tricky; I wish Disney would provide some sort of solution, since so many people travel with laptops, DVD players, and other expensive electronics. Even if it was a paid solution of some kind, i'm sure it would get lots of use by those who change resorts mid-trip.

Off topic a bit....

When my daughter was younger, I gave her a Gameboy while we were waiting in a long or slow-moving line so that she would not be cranky or fidget from boredom. I talked to her a lot, but when she did not feel like talking, she played.

Looks like there is always something to complain about. :rolleyes:
If the kid has an electronic device to pacify them - it gives others something to complain about.
If the kid is whiny or restless - it gives others something to complain about.

Perhaps parents make the decision to give their kids something to entertain them when they know they would otherwise be cranky to keep those whiners from complaining.

You make a very good point.

Off topic a bit....

When my daughter was younger, I gave her a Gameboy while we were waiting in a long or slow-moving line so that she would not be cranky or fidget from boredom. I talked to her a lot, but when she did not feel like talking, she played.

Looks like there is always something to complain about. :rolleyes:
If the kids has an electronic device to pacify them - it gives others something to complain about.
If the kid is whiny or restless - it gives others something to complain about.

Perhaps parents make the decision to give their kids something to entertain them when they know they would otherwise be cranky to keep those whiners from complaining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter