Can you substitute sides at TS?

mommy2g

Earning My Ears
I am looking at menus from TS and often there is an entree I want to order but would rather get a side that is offered with an other entree. Will they let me substitute sides easily?

I've never had a problem subbing sides. During our September trip, I subbed at 50s Prime Time and Kona, and neither server thought twice about doing it.

Some places will, but others won't like Capt Jacks (tried on Thurs night and got a big fat no). Never hurts to ask!

My husband does it all the time. If there's a vegetable side, you better believe that's staying in the kitchen. There's almost always fries available if there is a kids menu offered (don't forget about the kinds menu - if they have it for them, they can put it on your plate as well). My husband has also just asked what else is available and chosen from those selections.

I don't think my husband ever eats anything exactly how it is presented on the menu. There's a substitution or deletion somewhere on there.

I have never had a problem with them doing that...

I was able to do it at Yak and Yeti with no problem. I don't like rice, so they gave me noodles instead.

I even did it with the entree at Le Cellier. The only filet they had on the menu was one with mushrooms, and I asked (nicely) and he had them make me a filet with this wonderful sauce on the side and mashed potatoes. YUM!! My mouth is watering just thinking about it! I think if you approach things by "asking" instead of "assuming" they will be much more likely to help you! (Not that anyone at Disney wouldn't be nice-it is the Happiest Place on Earth)! :rotfl2:

I have never had a problem with it but once in awhile I have a waiter/waitress say, "Well, there may be an extra charge with that." There never has been.:) I think they just like to cover themselves just in case!

Disney is so used to requests that switching sides is very common.

We have never tried it but after reading all of these posts I am looking forward to our next trip. There have been a few times when the side for one of the entrees looked really good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter