• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can you still get dining passes?

Minnie's Mate

DIS Veteran
It has been a while since I have been on the boards, but have a question. I haven't been able to find any old threads on this with the search function, but you used to be able to enter the parks for a limited amount of time to dine at one of the theme park restaurants without having to buy admission to the park. You would go to customer service/ticket window and leave your credit card info and as long as you were back withing 3 hours (I think that was the time limit) you wouldn't be charged for admission. This would allow you to dine at one of the parks without using a day's admission on your multi-day park admission.

We are moving to Orlando in December and let our annual passes expire last year and with moving expenses I can't purchase new AP's until the spring. I thought it would be a nice treat for the kids to go to one of the Disney MGM Studios restaurants and do a quick tour of the Osbourne Family Light Spectacular.

Can you still get a dining pass for the three hours (or however long) to eat at a park restaurant and see the lights without paying for the full day's admission?

Thanks, MM

Wow...I never knew Disney even did that in the past.:confused3

But it is hard enough now to get and ADR in the parks, imagine if you didn't even need to buy a park ticket.:confused:

There are partial day passes for conventioners, but there is no longer any way for the general public to pay less to enter a park for a limited time for shopping and dining.

1) I think you remember the "shopping" privilege.
2) You could get a 45-60 minute pass
. . . if you told the exact item you wanted to buy, AND
. . . if you told the exact store you wanted to visit, AND
. . . if you brought the item and the receipt back
3) I do not remember an eating pass.
. . . Epcot has an "after 4:00pm" pass
. . . it is an annual pass for Florida residents
. . . but, it is only for Epcot access
. . . meant to eat, but they do not account for your time
. . . or your activities

Thanks everyone. It has been a long time since I read about the temp passes so I guess I was wrong about the purpose for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter