Can you split types of rooms at the same resort?

slh1977

Earning My Ears
If I'm staying at the same resort for a week and they only have availability in a Standard Room 4 nights and a Lake Room (BLT) 3 nights, is there any issue with changing rooms within the same resort?

No issue at all. I have gone from an AKL-CL room to an AKL-studio multiple times.

You'll have to check-out and then check-in on the day you change rooms. Check-out time is by 11 am, room ready time is after 4 pm. Bell Services will hold your luggage during the day until the new room has been cleaned and is ready to be occupied.

Other than the inconvenience, there really is no problem. You will have to check out of the first room by 11:00. The odds are high that the second room will NOT be ready, so you will need to store your stuff with bell services or your car. You can checkin at the front desk for the second room but will need to wait for a text before you can get in. One potential advantage may be in regard to the dining plan, if you plan to buy that. Because you actually will have 2 totally separate rooms you could choose to only have the dining plan while in one room and not the other, if you wish. Some DVCers like not having the dining plan for an entire vacation but if you are in only one room the entire time then you must buy the dining plan for every day.

I would split to a different resort, it's like two vacations and it's the same amount of inconvenience.

:earsboy: Bill

I have this situation in April. I have 3 nights std view and and 2 nights lake view at BLT. I put in a WL for std view for the 2 nights but it's not big a deal to change rooms.

I did that at SSR on my first stay on points. We started out in a studio for one night, then 4 or 5 days in a one bedroom. Last night was in a studio. First 2 were in the same building since my FIL had our reservations linked to be close to one another. The last night, I had a sick child and went to the front desk to check if our room was ready. They said it wasn't because we were linked with FIL so need to stay in the paddock sections. and said I don't care where we are, I just want an available room. FIL had already gone home at point.

We usually do a split stay so we can experience different things and figure out which resort is our favorite.

Like others, I've done this-when AKV first opened I booked 3 nites in a value studio, 2 nites in standard, and 3 nites in savannah just to be able to compare the three types (solo trip-so it was all part of the experience!) I never had any problem with check-out and check back in, but perhaps if I'd had little ones with me, I might have. Also, when AKL first opened, back in 2001, I booked 2 nights in a savannah view, but after the first night, I asked to be moved so I could see another savannah. Again, solo trip, so no problem with the move.

It's possible, just inconvenient, and you have to be VERY patient because you will probably be without a room from 11am when you check out till after 4pm when your new room becomes ready. So if your plan is going to the parks all day and not waiting around for your room, it probably won't be an issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter