Can you share meals?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.T.Lott

Earning My Ears
Ok, I thought you could..but lately I've been seeing some threads that are conflicting..Here's my situation:

My sister and I are doing the free dining later this month. I am a very light eater and always just order an appetizer with water where ever I go. My sister has a little bigger appetite and usually orders an entree and a soda. Is it possible to:

Use 1 TS Credit and:
-me have an appetizer
-her have an entree
-split the dessert?

We're not trying to spread our credits out, we're not even going to any Signature places...I just prefer not wasting all that food popcorn::

Thanks!

Subscribing...because inquiring minds want to know!

Just back! Had absolutely no problem sharing meals! Family of 5 - Me, DW, DD 13, DS 9 and DS 6 on the DDP. We would usually get 2 adult meals and 1 child or 2 Adult and 2 Child meals. All TS were great about bringing an extra plate or two! We always explained what we wanted to do with our server as we ordered and ask if it was ok and each and every one of them said it was great! We were able to stretch our TS out to get 8 of them for our 6-night plan!

If it is just you two, you've got a better chance of avoiding the mess that others have reported. They're really just looking for cases where folks who purchased the Dining Plan for their children and try to use those credits for adult meals, and for folks who are trying to use their credits to purchase meals for folks who aren't on the Dining Plan. With just two adults at the table, and both adults clearly on the Dining Plan (your room keys will say "2A") there will be no reason you'd attract any attention.

As with any meal-sharing arrangement, it would be appropriate to leave a cash gratuity on top of the gratuity included in the Dining Plan, since the CM will be serving two guests instead of just the one that included gratuity would cover.

subscribing since I want to know tooo...!!!!!thanks so much!!!!!

We have a trip coming up and two members will be on the DDP, two will not. We are a close family and typically like to share meals. Two of us are staying longer and wll visit outside of Dinsey a few times on the trip so the DDP was not a good value due to the time away. If the two of us not on the DDP purchase out of pocket meals and share items with the two who used the DDP, would they try to prevent this?

Thanks.

Ok, I thought you could..but lately I've been seeing some threads that are conflicting..Here's my situation:

My sister and I are doing the free dining later this month. I am a very light eater and always just order an appetizer with water where ever I go. My sister has a little bigger appetite and usually orders an entree and a soda. Is it possible to:

Use 1 TS Credit and:
-me have an appetizer
-her have an entree
-split the dessert?

We're not trying to spread our credits out, we're not even going to any Signature places...I just prefer not wasting all that food popcorn::

Thanks!

I don't think I saw this mentioned. iF you are on the regular dining plan, it doesn't come with an appetizer. The only way you will get away with your "plan" is if you're on the deluxe plan. It comes with an appetizer, but it sounds like that would be WAAAYYY to much food for you.

this post was resurrected from 2006 - locking for fresher posts :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter