Can you send your purchase to the gate?

keltiesmom

Mouseketeer
When we were in disneyworld we could sent our purchases to the gate to pick up later, when we were heading back to the hotel. Do they do this at Disneyland?

On-site guests can use the Merchandise Delivery Service to have purchases delivered to their hotel. Off-site guests can drop off their purchases at the Newstand (DL), Star Trader (DL), Pioneer Mercantile (DL) or Elias & Co (DCA) for storage and pick-up later in the day. DLR no longer offers the Package Pick-Up service like WDW, where you could have your purchase send to the front gate right at the point of sale.

I do not think that they will "transfer" to the gate from the store, but the stores and the news stand by the gate do offer keeper service and will hold your items, but I believe YOU have to take them there.

If you are however staying at one of the resort hotels, they will transfer items to the bell desk at your hotel, but will not be available for pick up until the next morning.

Thank you. I will keep this in mine when we are there next month. We will try to make most of our purchases later in the day.

I'm curious about mailing your souvenirs home.

Hm...that's not what one of the recent Dis podcasts mentioned.
I would love it if they've brought back the original package pick-up service, where you could leave your purchases at the point of sale and they'd take the package to the front gate! What did the podcast say?

I would love it if they've brought back the original package pick-up service, where you could leave your purchases at the point of sale and they'd take the package to the front gate! What did the podcast say?
I'm sure we said that you could take your purchase to the kiosk at the front of the park (at least, that's what I hope we said ;) ). I just did this on Disneyland's birthday. I was walking around with some heavy stuff, and took it to package pick-up. It was very convenient.

I'm sure we said that you could take your purchase to the kiosk at the front of the park (at least, that's what I hope we said ;) ). I just did this on Disneyland's birthday. I was walking around with some heavy stuff, and took it to package pick-up. It was very convenient.
Alas...a brief moment of hope...:rotfl:

That's consistent with what I remember as well. When I looked up the park guides, they also listed the Star Traders and Frontier Mercantile as drop-off locations in DL. I've only dropped off stuff at the Newstand, which was pretty convenient. I miss the old system, but I can see where this is easier for Disney.

Last edited:
I'm curious about mailing your souvenirs home.

The Main Street stores used to ship, but I haven't tried in over 5 years. As others have said you can drop off at the 3 locations and go back and get your items - you can also get a locker. When staying at the PPH, DLH, and GCH all of the DCA and Disneyland stores will send your packages back to the hotel for pick up at the Bell Desk the following morning. We used The GCH package shipping services last trip, but they are pretty expensive.

The Main Street stores used to ship, but I haven't tried in over 5 years. As others have said you can drop off at the 3 locations and go back and get your items - you can also get a locker. When staying at the PPH, DLH, and GCH all of the DCA and Disneyland stores will send your packages back to the hotel for pick up at the Bell Desk the following morning. We used The GCH package shipping services last trip, but they are pretty expensive.

We're staying offsite so it would be just to the gate or a locker. But, we're flying for the first time and I've wondering how to bring things home. If we had a car the post office with flat rate boxes might be our best option. But, we don't. I'll figure something out. Thank you!

We currently offer something similar at DCA, but it's never guaranteed to be around forever. Both the gift shop at Tower of Terror and all stores in Cars Land will take a package hold and deliver them to Elias and Company on a schedule throughout the day but there is a cutoff for it. But it doesn't take it to the gate, just a store near it since DCA doesn't have a shop like Newsstand at Disneyland that you can access from both sides.

We're staying offsite so it would be just to the gate or a locker. But, we're flying for the first time and I've wondering how to bring things home. If we had a car the post office with flat rate boxes might be our best option. But, we don't. I'll figure something out. Thank you!

At The Grand you can take your pre-paid post office flat rate boxes and drop them to their Bell/Package services and they will send them for you!:daisy:

We also bring an extra suitcase when traveling on Southwest Airlines where you get 2 free bags just for souveniers.

I bet the Hyatt will do it too! I need to find out. Then we can play the game of what comes home first, us or the packages!

Do you know what time they are usually available? I only have one day in the park and flying out the next day, and I will be leaving DLH pretty early in the morning (7 or 8 to be at LAX by 10).

Do you know what time they are usually available? I only have one day in the park and flying out the next day, and I will be leaving DLH pretty early in the morning (7 or 8 to be at LAX by 10).
For hotel deliveries, they will be available after 7am the next morning, when purchased before a certain time (which varies).

If you are leaving early, then I wouldn't recommend sending your packages to the hotel. Although the interior stores are great for holding packages, I'd rather leave them at the stand by the exit so I don't have to carry them through the park.

Most of the shops WILL ship the package home for you right from the stores. They just tack on the UPS shipping rate then take care of sending it out. Just had that offered on a sign that I bought.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter