Can you see on Rockin Rollercoaster?

disneypolybride2008

DIS Veteran
Hi. This is another ride i have avoided. i get motion sick easy, like Space Mountain makes me sick I think b/c i cant tell where i'm going. Is RRC like this or can you tell where the track is going? If i can see where i'm going i can get through it w/o getting sick, usually. If you get motion sick, did this ride make you sick or where you ok? It's funny b/c every trip i debate going on this ride or not and never do. Once i did get in line and we were inside the que when it broke down. I took it as a sign i wasnt meant to ride it. However this time i'm debating it again. thanks for the advice;)

Hi. This is another ride i have avoided. i get motion sick easy, like Space Mountain makes me sick I think b/c i cant tell where i'm going. Is RRC like this or can you tell where the track is going? If i can see where i'm going i can get through it w/o getting sick, usually. If you get motion sick, did this ride make you sick or where you ok? It's funny b/c every trip i debate going on this ride or not and never do. Once i did get in line and we were inside the que when it broke down. I took it as a sign i wasnt meant to ride it. However this time i'm debating it again. thanks for the advice;)

You can see the road signs and the things you're going through...like the giant donut...but I've not been able to make out anything else...its a very fast ride.

This ride makes me feel a bit sick to my stomach. Mission Space gives me a headache but no nausea. RnR gives me nausea but no headache. :confused3

Its dark, its fast, its unpleasant (in that roller coaster type way). Can you handle a magnetic take off? Personally THAT kills me. The rest of the ride is fine! :lmao: But I am not 20 anymore so my body doesnt like 0 to 60 in 3 seconds. :laughing:

RNR does not make me sick at all- I HATE rollercoasters- But just love this one. Yes you can see, sort of, it is dark but lots of neon road signs to lite your way.
Now Space Mountian and Mision Space are a no go for me.

Try taking 1 bonnine each day, it will help with the motion sickness and not make you sleepy.

Bev

I can't see much at the beginning, but towards the middle/end of the ride, I see all of the street signs and the big donut. :upsidedow

Not when your eyes are closed.

:rotfl: That is what I was going to say. I close my eyes and scream the whole ride. But I have never felt sick riding it. It really is a smooth ride. Mission Space, orange, makes me feel a bit queasy as does EE, but I take bonnine when I know I am going to ride either one of those.

RnR is the ONLY ride at disney that has made me so motion sick it almost ruined the rest of my day. I don't know why, but it did. I think it was the "twists" or something and possibly how fast it went. I'd think twice if SM made you somewhat sick.

Surprised nobody mentioned this, but... didn't anybody see the city? All the buildings lit up, sort of like the London city scene in Peter Pan ride? :confused3 It's one of the things that I really like about RNR.

I'm surprised at the people who think this is a rough ride -- I find it to be one of the smoothest coasters of its type.

Not when your eyes are closed.

FUNNY!!! It's dark inside, but it doesn't bother me...most coasters don't bother me though. I love them!! Only ones I have trouble with are the ones that are rough where you hit your head on the shoulder harness...rode one at US IOA last year like that...hated it...the Hulk, I think...yuk!

Surprised nobody mentioned this, but... didn't anybody see the city? All the buildings lit up, sort of like the London city scene in Peter Pan ride? :confused3 It's one of the things that I really like about RNR.

I notice that too that it is like you are flying above the city. Very cool effect. The theming both before, during and after is excellent.

This was the whole family's favorite ride from all 4 parks on our recent trip. But it is really fast, dark and loud. You will see the theming they have done with the road signs and such, but it's very hard to see the upcoming track to know where you are going.

We rode it 3 times and loved it. My wife is subject to motion sickness on rides that spin, but was very okay with this coaster. DS9 couldn't get enough.

I get motion sickness really bad from rides like Star Tours or Soarin' - where there is a movie to accompany the movement. RnR is VERY smooth and it's not pitch dark like Space Mountain - it has never made me motion sick and I ride it over and over. I can always see the track and the freeway signs and donut, etc, are lit up and they cast a bit of light. Try and sit in the front row and that may help also - you'll be able to see the track for the duration. Either way, it's a VERY short ride. I agree with the other posters about the Bonine - it's a life saver!

I've done every ride at Disney but RnR. Some I'll never do again. I don't like the idea of going up-side-down, and seeing would terrorize me.

my wife hates roller coasters and LOVES Rock n' Roller Coaster. remember that it's only just a bit over a minute long. it's a very smooth ride and oh, so much fun.

we are going to be at Hollywood Studios this Saturday morning for early magic hour rope drop and RnR will be the first thing we do! this ride is one of our favourites and it would be a shame to miss it if at all possible.

you may want to try it one time and see how you like it. it is NOT a long ride, just very...very....very fast!

I love Space Mountain. No sickiness. But I tried RnRC once and NEVER again. I knew as soon as it launched that I was in trouble. It ruined the rest of my day. Felt so sick.

RnR never bothered me! EE and Mission: Space made me feel pretty awful, but RnR is one of my favorites, and the only upside-down coaster I will go on!

I find that if you sit more towards the back, you can see the front cars and where they go so you can "see" the track that way. I also think that focusing on the music makes this ride for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter