can you ride the boat to the hotels if you are not staying there?

julieannbabe

<font color=blue>I am a <font color=red>summer <fo
hopefully when i go to universal - i would like to go around and have a look at the hotels.

can you go on the boats that take you to the hotels even if you are not staying there?

thanks.

Everytime I have stayed on-site, I've never seen them check room keys on the boats so I would say go for it.

hopefully when i go to universal - i would like to go around and have a look at the hotels.

can you go on the boats that take you to the hotels even if you are not staying there?

thanks.

resort hopping is actually encouraged at Universal, even if you're not staying onsite. take a water taxi and hit the resorts to take in the shops and restaurants, you don't have to be tied just to Citywalk. UO's resorts are on the same scale as WDW's Deluxes, go check them out.

I'm sure if the boats are packed, they might check, but it's never happened to me. If they do check, just walk over or tell the boat driver you want to visit the restaurants. I've visited the hotels when not staying onsite.

One time I went to the HRH to get the current bus schedule to SWF, tuff work but someone had to do it. I went in thru the pool and grabbed a Heinekin draft at the bar. Then I crashed on a lounge chair and a waitress asked if I wanted another beer. Ok, don't twist my arm. I had a couple beers before walking back to the parks.

If a bunch of people showed up and tried to ride over on the boat and use the pool, they'd be a little peeved. This doesn't happen often because it doesn't "feel" like you're supposed to be there, unless you have an upcoming visit, or have been there recently. The flip side to this, is they'd want people visiting the restaurants whether they are staying onsite or not.

They've never checked our room key either, when we stayed there for five days and we used the boats often, and late at night too. Possibly a rare occurance, but like robvia said .. you could just say you want to visit the hotel or restaurants.

Just say you have a reservation at Tchop Chop (you should go there anyway - awesome food!!). It is also an easy walk from the parks to the resorts; none are that far away.

The boat driver checked our room keys several times during Christmas week but it may have been due to the crowds. The boat to RPR was full or nearly full almost everytime we got on it.

Yeah, they usually don't check room keys. But they have checked our room keys when there is a huge line of people. But that was just because some people had to wait nearly an hour and they want to keep hotel guests happy. You could also walk to all the hotels, but if you go during the day hours, you will have no problem getting on the water taxi.

thanks - hopefully i am going in three weeks - and i would like just to check the hotels out.

xjx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter