Can you ride Mission Space alone?

I can't even count the number of times we've been on Mission Space orange, and on green twice when we took my mom (she's in her 80's). We've shared with lots of people. No one has ever barfed on the ride.

One of the most fun rides we had was with two teens on their first ride...they had 6 in their family, the other four rode in their own car and the teens (13-15 or so) with DH and I. They had so much fun it reminded me of the first time we rode.

DisneyFan2013 said:
I have emetophobia. lol

I know, but luckily I haven't encountered any barfers in Disney though.

And You probably won't...even at MS.

I totally understand the fear. If the ride were any longer, I probably would have vomited myself the one and only time I was ever on it.

Best barfing viewing area is just outside the teacups, I'm sure Robo has a map.
Eww...I'm not really worried about Mad Tea Party because I know I can have a teacup all to myself, but I'll leave the area immediately afterward. lol

But thanks for the info, everyone. I think I'll give Mission Space a try! :)

I've seen barfing more times that I care to remember at WDW and Universal.

On a particularly hot August trip, I saw (mostly children) throwing up due to lack of hydration. Ten or more easily on that trip.

I also saw 2 adults barf at Epcot during the F&W one year. They must have eaten or drank too much.

I have seen the aftermath of someone who got sick on Mission Space. They were in the capsule next to us, and it happened as the person was trying to exit the ride. Some of it was inside the capsule and some on the floor.

I have seen a child vomit on one of the WDW busses too.

Apparently, wherever I go, barf goes:rotfl2:
No trying to freak you out, just giving you feedback of what I have witnessed.

miss2jpg-18183032dbef02ee_large.jpg

Am I the only one that feels like the ride is much more cramped than it appears in this photo? I feel like the screen in inches from my eyeballs, and I'm a rather little person who isn't normally claustrophobic. But this ride... i always panic a little when the compartment first closes, for like half a second.

DH was also concerned about strangers barfing on him (DD and I are all about the green side, he wanted to do the orange), so when he sat down, before they closed the compartment, he leaned over and said "Everyone has their own barf bag, right?" He said that his fellow riders chuckled and held theirs up. It made it plain that he would prefer they use a bag, or at the very least turn away from him. he said it helped that he asked to be on on end - only one person to worry about.

Am I the only one that feels like the ride is much more cramped than it appears in this photo? I feel like the screen in inches from my eyeballs, and I'm a rather little person who isn't normally claustrophobic. But this ride... i always panic a little when the compartment first closes, for like half a second.

It does feel cramped, but I know that when I reach up to play along and push a button like Lt. Dan tells me to, it feels like a long way to that console.

DH was also concerned about strangers barfing on him (DD and I are all about the green side, he wanted to do the orange), so when he sat down, before they closed the compartment, he leaned over and said "Everyone has their own barf bag, right?" He said that his fellow riders chuckled and held theirs up. It made it plain that he would prefer they use a bag, or at the very least turn away from him. he said it helped that he asked to be on on end - only one person to worry about.

That's straight from Star Trek protocol. :thumbsup2

tumblr_md4vstpmbj1qgumxh.gif

Wow, in May I planned to go on orange but didn't have enough time. I thought it was like Star Tours or one of those 4D things where you just sit there and it shakes.

Thinking now I'm maybe glad I didn't go on. I have never been motion sick before (flying, boat, car, nothing) but this ride sounds wicked. It has it's own barf bags? Geez!

Is there like a youtube or something that shows you what happens? I saw one where it shows the screen, but you can't tell if there is spinning on that.

Just embrace it, open your mouth, and play a game of guess what your astronaut friends had for lunch. If its chewy it was probably a turkey leg.:)

Is there like a youtube or something that shows you what happens? I saw one where it shows the screen, but you can't tell if there is spinning on that.

That's just it - you can't see that you're spinning, but you feel it. I got sick the only time I rode it when they only had the one side (I didn't get sick on the ride; it happened later in the First Aid Station - and yes, I felt bad enough that I decided to go there); but I might be willing to try the green side since that side doesn't spin.

Apparently, wherever I go, barf goes:rotfl2: No trying to freak you out, just giving you feedback of what I have witnessed.
I have read other accounts of people barfing at Disney, so I know it happens and I'll just have to try to cope if it does. I personally haven't barfed in at least 20 years and the only time I'm around it is when my cat does it (which I'm used to).

Just embrace it, open your mouth, and play a game of guess what your astronaut friends had for lunch. If its chewy it was probably a turkey leg.:)
Eww! lol

Yeah that photo looks like the part of the ride before the screens move towards your face.

I know it's probably really hard to explain, but how long and how intensely do you spin? I mean spinning enough to dizzy you like if you put your head on a bat, spund around tons of times, and then tried to run in a straight line?

I'm fine on the teacups, even spinning a lot, but it's outside w/ fresh air.

I know it's probably really hard to explain, but how long and how intensely do you spin? I mean spinning enough to dizzy you like if you put your head on a bat, spund around tons of times, and then tried to run in a straight line?

I'm fine on the teacups, even spinning a lot, but it's outside w/ fresh air.

It's intense. I don't think anyone can really answer your question because it's different for different people. If you are really that concerned, then stay off the orange and just ride the green one. You don't really feel like you're spinning, I've never gotten dizzy on it. I love the orange ride myself. The only time I've ever been affected by it at all was when the crowds were so low we got off and back on again three times. After that I was ready to quit. But not dizzy, nor sick. But...that's me. Might not be you...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter