Can you request a full sized coffee maker?

Tangled Pink

Mouseketeer
Has anyone staying at a resort with a pod coffee maker been able to request a full sized coffee maker instead? If my mind is telling me correctly, I saw pictures of the Riveria studios with the pod coffee maker. I always tow my coffee essentials along with me in my suitcase so my husband and I can enjoy a FULL pot of coffee in the morning and evenings. I know that the value resorts have the pods and was surprised that the Riveria had them too, but in the studios only (If this is what I actually did see). I have always known that when we stay at the DVC studios, we will be using the full sized coffee makers. I would think there wouldn't be an issue with swapping them out if I asked?

I am sure that if they have extra ones, getting it will be no problem.

IIRC, only the Tower studios have the pod coffee makers. All of the other villas have a drip coffee maker, similar to a Mr. Coffee.
In my experience, most of the DVC villas have full size (8-12) cup makers. If you happen to get a 4 cup maker, then just call housekeeping to request a full size. Can't see why Riviera would be any different.

That is my thinking too. Plus, I would think they have extra ones in storage since they have to replace them if they break. Wondering if there's even room to put one in the Tower studios :)

I am sure that if they have extra ones, getting it will be no problem.

That's the big IF. DH and I were staying in a studio at BCV, and requested a full size coffee maker instead of the little 4-cupper we had. The CM showed up with another 4 cupper because he said that there were no extra large coffee makers. I've never understood why they supply those little coffee makers (which make only 2 1/2 cups of the white ceramic coffee cups) when the studios themselves sleep 5 people. Even 2 1/2 cups for 2 people-if one person wants a second cup, that's it!

That's the big IF. DH and I were staying in a studio at BCV, and requested a full size coffee maker instead of the little 4-cupper we had. The CM showed up with another 4 cupper because he said that there were no extra large coffee makers. I've never understood why they supply those little coffee makers (which make only 2 1/2 cups of the white ceramic coffee cups) when the studios themselves sleep 5 people. Even 2 1/2 cups for 2 people-if one person wants a second cup, that's it!
That is really strange and I wasn't even aware that they had the 4 cup makers. I've only see the 8-10 cup. I could imagine the look on your face when you were challenged with two machines. Goodness, I bet you were scratching your head thinking, "now, where do I find room for this?"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter