• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can you rent/borrow sand toys on CC?

dislvr75

Mouseketeer
We are busy packing for our 5/15 Wonder Cruise and I'm not excited about packing shovels and buckets for my kids. PLEASE tell me that they are readily availble on CC for kids to borrow and use. If so, are they only in Scuttles Cove for use or can you take them to the family beach?

Thanks!

I think in order to have buckets and shovels if you don't bring your own you must buy them. I am pretty certain that they do not have them to borrow. From what I have heard they are quite expensive to buy on Castaway Cay. You could always get a Bucket and shovel delivered by Shirley at A Perfect Gift so the kids will have some to play with or bring your own or buy them at Castaway Cay.
I hope this helps.

Becky

There are some sand toys on CC, but not nearly enough. So not "readily available"

I'd recommend calling Shirley at the Perfect Gift. For the price you'd pay for sand toys on CC, she'll drop off a bucket, throw a few juice boxes and some snacks in it, and maybe a coloring book or something and have a surprise for your kids waiting in the room.

Or if you do pack in, make sure to "stuff" it. A tshirt or two in the bucket will make it take up less room in your luggage.

After our flight landed we stopped at Wal-Mart and picked some up.
I think they only have buckets to use at the kids club at Castaway Cay and the have to stay there.
They sell them at the gift shop on Castaway Cay very expensive!
I can't tell you how many children kept coming up to our chairs and just taking our buckets without asking. Even when my children were using them. The parents would just smile at us.
Bring them the kids really enjoyed using them.

We have one delivered filled with juice and treats from SHirley every cruise, Kasey uses it at the beaches in all the ports and then we end up leaving it on castaway cay when we are done with it.

I heard they only keep a few to lend out and first come gets them, even when every one leaves them. whay would they loan out all the left over ones out? They would lose the sale for thier over priced ones. We arn't going untill12-06 but we have started a cruise box and already have two sand bucket sets in them. I picked them up at the dollar tree. each one has a castle shaped part, a bucket and shovel and a couple of molds. We will put in the suitcase that will have snacks and water in it. (I told my son we wen't taking any as we could get them at WDW with his lunch in them and he got hudge puppy eyes and tears and said but they won't be the castle ones) So for two bucks they each get there own and we will leave them after the secound trip to C.C. or they might leave them on the curb after we get off for the next set of kids.

what is shirley that you keep talking about? This will be our first Disney cruise so I am new to all this. I have a little one and definitely need some toys for the beach. I thought I would just have to pack them but if there is a better way, let me know. Thanks

www.theperfectgift.cc
you can buy a gift basket to be delivered to the ship for your kids in the stateroom and she packs all the stuff into a big sand pail.

OOHHH!!! We are having something else sent to the room, but I must have missed the sand toys. Thank you I will take a look on the cruise site.

Scuttles Cove had plenty to lend out last week. I do recommend you get there on the early side to ensure you get some. They have EVERYTHING (shovels, buckets, shapes, sifters, etc.). From what I understand, many folks bring or buy sand toys, then just leave them. CC folks bring them to Scuttles Cove. You can bring them anywhere on CC, but please bring them back to Scuttles Cove so others can enjoy this perk.

Woobie

We also borrowed from Shuttles Cove. They didn't have any big buckets, but several smaller containers and shovels. My kids were perfectly happy with them andit was one less thing to pack and st6ore.

The sand buckets that are sold at cc are the just reg. sand buckets, or do they have disney designs? :sunny:

My dh seemed to think that our dd11 needed something to occupy her time so he bought the sand toys. $16.00 was NOT worth it! I think she used them for all of 10 minutes! I was mad to say the least. And we left them in our stateroom.

Sorry, I don't remember if they had any Disney designs on them. They were basic plastic sand toys that you could buy for a lot cheaper at a dollar store.
Oh the things you do (and buy) on vacation!!! :rotfl:

Last time we went on DCL I bought small sets of sand toys from Dollar Tree and crammed them in our stuff. After we used them at CC we trashed them. That way we had extra room for all of our other purchases. If you think your kids will pitch a fit, just buy an extra set to keep at home, and then they will never know that you trashed the "other" one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter