Can you remember the worst and best crowds you ever experienced...

Least crowded visit ever: Super Bowl Sunday 1979. The game was somewhere in Florida. Maybe Miami. The weather was chilly with occasional showers. We really had the park (only MK I those days) to ourselves. The following day was very quiet as well. We stayed at CR and had some meals at the Poly. These were the only on-site hotels along with Ft Wilderness.

Busiest times have been twice on New Year's Eve 1994 and 2000. But that's expected and exciting.

As for the comment about MVMCP. Yes, it can be horribly crowded at the first parade. Opt for the second parade after the fireworks. Many families leave early. Things get much better at midnight approaches with most rides are walk-ons.

Lowest crowds were April 03. It was eerie how empty it was - probably due to 9/11's effect on travel.

Most crowded was a June day trip to the MK in 86. It wasn't horrible how ever.

Mid November are the best crowds and if you time it right you see holiday decorations. We stayed at BW and woke up to it being decorated.

Worst crowds. Christmas. It was the only time our daughter never complained about a 7am rope drop and being out if the park by noon.

Yea, it does look like week before Thanksgiving is a low crowd time. We went the week after Thanksgiving many times and found that to be a good week, but still not as low crowd wise as Labor Day week. I'm thinking if Christmas decorations are out before Thanksgiving it might be a good idea to go down that week - will only have to take DS out of school for 3 days, but could potentially have a an 8-day trip if we stay for Thanksgiving weekend as well.

I also see Super Bowl to be a good bet. And as been mentioned on other threads President Week next year should be avoided as Mardi Gras falls at same time.

It's interesting to see that there's a little bit of a pattern starting...If Christmas decorations are out before

And as been mentioned on other threads President Week next year should be avoided as Mardi Gras falls at same time.

Ditto.. What I said above.. Horrible Horrible crowds, at least when we were there.. I won't ever go at that time of year again...

Best for us was first week in September. First week in February was a close second.

Worst was summer in August.

You bet. (We typically travel high season). Let me talk about the MK, the classic Disney park.

The heaviest crowds ever when I went (and that was before I discovered touring plans too) was December 26th I think (15 years ago). I don't go Christmas week anymore. From 8-10 a.m. (we were there for rope drop) it was very nice. But after that forget it. OMG (totally packed by 10) - when the parade was on you couldn't even move. We left at 12:30 p.m. and visited the Polynesian resort and spent the rest of the day at our condo resort. // Crowd Level 10 day.

They lowest crowds I've ever experienced at the MK was last October on a Saturday, during the day when the park was closing early for MNSHP (party event). All ride lines were under 20 minutes (and that includes headliners.) // The line to eat at Be our Guest though was long, though, like 50 minutes. Other than that the park was great, and we didn't even get any fastpasses. Crowd level 5 day

I'm so excited. I'll be doing the MK for a day the week BEFORE Christmas and go back home before the Christmas crowds. Looks like it will be another 5 day and this time we don't need to leave early due to a party. Except for the 5 day above every park visit I've ever done has been a 7 or high, so this will be a real pleasure.

Spring break I've noticed has been getting more and more crowded too. The great weather still makes it a great time, but I've had to use touring plans for sure and lower expectations regarding how much we can do. There is a huge difference between a 7 or 8 day and a 9 day. And OMG there is even a bigger difference between a 9 day and a 10 day. A 9 day is still worth doing with a touring plan. For a 10 day, I'd just assume skip.

:offtopic: My family and I were just at the parks the first week of March and it was crazy! Other than our trip on New Years it was probably the worst crowds I have ever seen. Even Main Street was horribly packed. It almost ruined the magic! Do you guys think the parks are getting more crowded, even the non-attraction areas like Main Street?

The slowest was by far our Nov. trip right after 9/11. There was no way we were going to be scared out of our vacation but it was so empty in the parks that it got on your nerves a little. All the parks felt like ghost towns but everyone that was there was so friendly. I know while watching the American adventure I could hear a lot of sniffling and I know my eyes weren't dry.

The most crowded was the Sunday before Thanksgiving in 2005. We had been in Disney for over a week, it had been really quite, but by Sunday it was time to get out of dodge! I have never been during the really busy times.

Not me, but my mom and dad and my brother and his family went New Year's eve 1999 for the millineum. They said it was crazy busy and they didn't get out of the parks till 4:00 a.m. but they said it was so worth it (incredible fireworks, friendly fun people, and an experience they say that they will never forget and was so worth doing.) // They got there early and didn't dare leave for fear of not getting back in. Parks were closed to guests after reaching capacity. // They are true Disney diehards though.

The worst we've seen was the Christmas parade taping at MK. We had to enter the park through backstage. Never again.

Otherwise I can't remember a stand out trip with no lines. We are planning on the week before Thanksgiving this year, though!

Worst "One More Disney Day" leap year 2012. Stuck trying to walk up Main Street at 8:30pm. Backstage exits opened to relieve congestion.

Best is the week following Labor Day and first MNSSHP. Been that week 2 years in a row.

Best - 2nd week of December after 9/11 We walked onto Peter Pan at 2:00 in the afternoon. In fact everything was walk on. I remember saying to a cast member how low it was and she said. Yes, there weren't any days like thses before 9/11

Worst - Spring Break 2003 We were passholders and decided on a spur of the moment trip, so I called Disney and there were no rooms available in value or moderate, so we decided to book off site through Priceline. We had a good offsite experience, but once we got to the parks they were wall to wall people. We still had a great time but definitely decided to avoid Spring Break if at all possible.

I don't go during really busy or hot times.

The least crowded I have ever seen it (and I have had passed for 18 yrs and worked there before that) was the week after 9/11. No one was there. They didn't even make us get off rides to go back thru the line. It was such a sad time, but it really made us appreciate every second with our kids.

I have never gone during any holiday weeks but I have gone in the summer a few times, years ago. July and beginning of August were the worst I've ever experienced when for rides like Splash and Dinosaur would wind all the way into the outside queue areas.

We always go in November now and have been for many years... the week between Jersey week and Thanksgiving and it is the least crowded! I've heard labor day week is a great time... practically a ghost town in WDW that week! If it wasn't for the heat, I'd go during that week for sure!

We always go during the "low season" so I know I don't have a worst crowd experience because most people would consider our worst probably not so bad. I suppose our worst if I was forced to state would have been September 2012. A couple days on that trip felt pretty busy but, like said I didn't have much to compare it with.

Oh... DTD on a Saturday night in late September was wall to wall people. We could barely walk let alone stroll around and do a little shopping.

My best experience was our very first WDW vacation in January 2011. What a glorious day.. sun shining, a soft cool breeze and a brilliant blue sky and barely a soul in sight in Epcot on a Monday afternoon. I am not exaggerating, we were standing near Germany and I was waiting for my husband to finish up buying a beer stein and vividly remember looking both ways down the pavement and thinking to myself there is no one here. Maybe a handful of people in both directions...that's it. We had lunch that day at the American pavilion and we were the only people sitting in the dining room, and it was a good sized room too, and we ate around noon if I recall correctly, it definitely wasn't some off time.

Every trip after that has been chasing the perfection of the first time and wishing for those quiet crowds and beautiful weather. It hasn't happened since.. every trip since then has been busier each time.

Least Crowded: September 2004, flew in 2 days after Francis blew out. At DHS, the "morning rush" for TOT all fit in 1 library.

Most Crowded: Dec31,2012 - Jan 5 2013- New Year Eve at EPCOT was extremely Crowded but manageable and you could move. Jan 2nd at the MK the area around Small World came to a standstill. 20 min wait for TTA.

Worst crowd I've seen was in October 2011, on a day when there wasn't a party. We were originally planning to only head over in the evening to see MSEP and Wishes, but we couldn't resist the lure of the park and headed over around 10:30 in the morning after sleeping in. It was our first trip and we were shocked at the crowds, but even since then, I can recognize how busy it was.

Best crowd was at DHS last June during SWW, the day that huge storm that came in on the tail end of Andrea hit Orlando. It was raining torrentially for hours and the park emptied out. It was pretty cool to wander around (in our ponchos) and be able to re-ride Star Tours over and over again.

Question: When is Thanksgiving?

The fourth Thursday in November, so this year it's November 27th.

The lowest I've seen is September 2003. I don't think they had any of the FP kiosks uncovered.

I've never gone during a crowded time, but in December 2007 I arrived on a Saturday and started at Epcot and then hopped over to MK to see Wishes and the second parade and it was the worst crowding I've ever seen. People were literally shoulder to shoulder with some trying to leave since they had already seen the first parade (I guess they didn't want to stay for Wishes), and others going the opposite way trying to find a spot to watch Wishes.

Worst was New Years Eve at MK one year. We didn't even try to ride anything.

Best used to be the first week of February when we used to go since DS' birthday is during that time. I don't know if that's still true with the bigger crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter