Can you purchase an ILL for afternoon park?

kvolk

Earning My Ears
Can you purchase an ILL at 7am for the park you plan to hop to in the afternoon? Ex: Park reservation at HS, want to buy ILL for Guardians at Epcot that evening

Can you purchase an ILL at 7am for the park you plan to hop to in the afternoon? Ex: Park reservation at HS, want to buy ILL for Guardians at Epcot that evening
Yes, you can do this but note, you will only be able to purchase your iLL$ when the ride's return time is after 2pm. It used to be you would automatically get times after 2pm if you were hopping but it changed in August to "level the field". Make sure you note in MDE that you plan to hop and add which park you plan to hop to and set your preferences. Depending on how busy it is/time of year, you may not be purchasing right at 7am as it can be a little bit of time until return times show up that are after 2p. Also, you may know this but it's 7am for resort guests, non disney resort guests book iLL$ at park opening.

Yes, you can do this but note, you will only be able to purchase your iLL$ when the ride's return time is after 2pm. It used to be you would automatically get times after 2pm if you were hopping but it changed in August to "level the field". Make sure you note in MDE that you plan to hop and add which park you plan to hop to and set your preferences. Depending on how busy it is/time of year, you may not be purchasing right at 7am as it can be a little bit of time until return times show up that are after 2p. Also, you may know this but it's 7am for resort guests, non disney resort guests book iLL$ at park opening.
Wait . . . you now have to tell MDE that you plan to hop and where you're hopping to? I had no idea about this.

You choose the return time for ILLs, so I don't think the wait until times after 2 are available applies.

You choose the return time for ILLs, so I don't think the wait until times after 2 are available applies.

I agree with Sponica. The rule that you have to wait until return times are 2:00 or later is for Genie+ LLs, which are always "first available return time." Individual Lightning Lane selections are choose your time. Everyone, whether park hopping or not, can choose available times after 2:00 when they make their ILL reservations early in the morning. Only those with park reservations for the park in question can make ILL reservations for times before 2:00.

I agree with TheSouthernBelle that only those staying "onsite" (which includes a few non-Disney-owned hotels) can buy ILLs at 7:00. Those staying "offsite" have to wait until park opening time.

You're right, I blended the G+/iLL$ together.....you still can't select iLL$ times that are before 2, but the ride return times do not have to be post 2pm like they do with G+ for hopping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter