• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can you pick your own dining rotation?

angela s.

Earning My Ears
We were on the Magic last month and our family enjoyed the formal night. On the Wonder there is no formal or semi-formal night. From a recent 4 night Navigator, I saw that the Golden Mickeys was on the 3rd night. I thought it would be a nice night to dress up and would like to be in Triton's. Therefore, I would want Parrot Cay, Animator's, Triton's. Can I request this when I book the cruise or would I need to request(if possible) when we first board?

You can ask that they note your preference on your reservation but you are not guaranteed to get your request.

As long as you pick one of the 3 regular rotations yes you can request it. We requested and got APL on our Western last year. We were a party of 4 adults and it put us in the young children's rotation, but put us in Lumiere's for Formal and Semi-Formal night (we spent Formal night at Palo).

We booked with Costco and they asked which rotation we would like. I requested the early seating and they said it would be no problem. We booked early (11 mos. in advance) so maybe that is why.

That is the seating time, early 6:30 or late 8:30 seating. If you book early enough you can get your choice, but the early seating during peak travel fills up quickly.

As for the rotation, it depends on the make up of the party.

Oh- you mean the order in which you dine at the restaurants? Will they tell me a checkin when I will be dining at which resaurant? I want to make my Palo ressie on the night we have Parrot Cay.

When you check in at the terminal you will get your Key To The World cards. These serve as ID, charge cards and room keys. They will have a code printed on them which lets you know your dining rotation. YOu will see either APLAPLA, PLAPLAP or LAPLAPL. Each letter stands for a different restaurant.

A = Animator's Palette
P = Parrot Cay
L = Lumiere's (it will be T for Triton's on the Wonder)

And, if you are like other Dis'ers, you'll have plenty of time to look at your key to the world card and figure out which night you need to book Palo because you'll be in the terminal with your card by 11:00am (they open the boat around 11:45).

Originally posted by crisi
And, if you are like other Dis'ers, you'll have plenty of time to look at your key to the world card and figure out which night you need to book Palo because you'll be in the terminal with your card by 11:00am (they open the boat around 11:45).

Unless, of course, you are traveling to the port from a WDW resort like AKL, where the Dis-bus picks you up at 12:30.... You can look at the card, but with such a late arrival, reservations are almost hopeless... Grrr.

solo
with electric scooter
service dog
luggage

You can go to "Dining Room Changes" at embarkation and request the rotation, ask for a specific server and anything else. You request politely and they will do everything they can to accomodate you!

Rae

Originally posted by Michelemouse
When you check in at the terminal you will get your Key To The World cards. These serve as ID, charge cards and room keys. They will have a code printed on them which lets you know your dining rotation. YOu will see either APLAPLA, PLAPLAP or LAPLAPL. Each letter stands for a different restaurant.

A = Animator's Palette
P = Parrot Cay
L = Lumiere's (it will be T for Triton's on the Wonder)

I believe formal night on the 7 day Eastern is Sunday, am I correct?? I would like to be in Lumiere's on formal night, so I should request PLA? :confused:

Originally posted by NYDisneyMom
I believe formal night on the 7 day Eastern is Sunday, am I correct?? I would like to be in Lumiere's on formal night, so I should request PLA? :confused:

Yes, that is right, you would want the PLA rotation. Just remember that rotation requests are just that...requests. They cannot guarantee that you will get the rotation you ask for. I only mention it because I hate to see people get their hopes up for something that might not come to be.

Have a great cruise!

Originally posted by Michelemouse
Yes, that is right, you would want the PLA rotation. Just remember that rotation requests are just that...requests. They cannot guarantee that you will get the rotation you ask for. I only mention it because I hate to see people get their hopes up for something that might not come to be.

Have a great cruise!

Good to know...THANKS!! :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter