• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can you pick a fake smile vs a real smile?

You just made my morning! :cool1: I have no idea how, but I just scored 20/20! What a great way to start my day. I used the eyes for sure and the little chuckle most folks have with a great smile!
Now, I'll be wondering all day if the folks I meet are truly smiling. If not...it's pixie dust for them! pixiedust:

17/20 That was interesting. The difference is definitely in the eyes!

You just made my morning! :cool1: I have no idea how, but I just scored 20/20! What a great way to start my day. I used the eyes for sure and the little chuckle most folks have with a great smile!
Now, I'll be wondering all day if the folks I meet are truly smiling. If not...it's pixie dust for them! pixiedust:

I got 19 out of 20, and I, too, used the eyes and the resonating chuckle. The fake smiles returned to "normal" more quickly whereas the real ones seemed to linger just an instant longer, which makes sense because a fake smile is merely muscle control, whereas a genuine smile has a cognitive component, as well (something MADE you smile), and so cannot be turned off as quickly. The one I got wrong was the older lady with the blonde hair, as her smile shut off quickly.

I'd be interested in whether there is a correlation between how everyone scored themselves on the optimist/pessimist range.

Thanks for all the responses, these numbers will be very helpful for her.
I had my kids do it. They did much lower than I did. I noticed the girl's friends on FB did lower as well. Interesting!

Thanks again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter