Can you park at MK resorts without an ADR?

MarcyMouse

Mouseketeer
We would like to drive to the Poly to see the resort, maybe grab some Tonga toast, but I am concerned about parking. Because it's MK resort should I park at the TTC? I imagine guests try to park at the monorail resorts and then just hop over to MK.. so would we be allowed to park at these resorts just for touring purposes? :confused3

Sometimes they will give you a parking permit with a time limit on it. I've never been denied parking at any of the resorts. They just check your license and/or your resort ID.

MarcyMouse said:
We would like to drive to the Poly to see the resort, maybe grab some Tonga toast, but I am concerned about parking. Because it's MK resort should I park at the TTC? I imagine guests try to park at the monorail resorts and then just hop over to MK.. so would we be allowed to park at these resorts just for touring purposes? :confused3

Yeah. You can park valet so you don't have a time limit. If not valet, I think there is a time limit of 3 hours.

As you get closer to the holidays, you will see the 3 hour time limit enforced more and more. Don't be surprised to see a couple of cars towed.

We have been denied parking at Grand Floridian & Boardwalk during busy times.

I would just park at Transportation & Ticket Center. There is a walkway to the left. It is a nice walk through the Poly just follow the signs.

Or you could take the monorail over.

It will most likely be no problem. BUT.....there are times of year that you will find signage stating that 'parking for park access is not allowed'. This means that even if you have an ADR at that resort, you still can't eat and then head to a park for the rest of the day!!
And there is just no telling when that might happen...so be prepared, especially as we get closer to the busy holiday times.
You can park at the TTC easily, and then walk over to the Polynesian though. It's a very pleasant walk through the resort.

I know many of us are cost-conscious (who isn't, especially when we're spending time @ WDW) but personally, it's worth the $12 to valet the car. It's easy, convenient, and safe. Plus, you'll be playing by the rules and you'll have piece-of-mind knowing your car will be delivered to you upon your return. Good luck!:wave2:

I can confirm that valet parking is $15 per day now, it went up on Oct 30th when I was there, and of course a gratuity is nice too :thumbsup2 The fee is good for valet parking at any deluxe resort for the day which was a plus to us since we had ADR's at 2 resorts many of our days there. The valet service was great, everyone was so nice to us, always welcoming us to the resort, asking if we needed directions etc. It takes them no time to bring the vehicle back either, they literally have to run to get it! We would say take your time and we were told on several occasions that they have to run to bring it back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter