can you pack hairspray with checked luggage?

PRINCESS VIJA

Viva Latvia!
I want to bring some hairspray that will color our hair for MNSSHP, but it will not be the pump kind, it would be aerosol. Can you pack that in checked luggage?

Last summer, we traveled with a tiny aerosol can in our bag, but I would check the airlines' allowed items list since it changes so often.

in checked luggage it shouldnt be an issue, i would just put it in a plastic bag, which i do with all of my hair products such as hairspray shampoo conditioner that way in case something randomly ever happened to it , it wouldnt damage any clothing......... nothing has ever happened to me and i have tossed it in my checked luggage forever and even forgot to follow my own rule of putting it in plastic bags :rotfl: so good luck!

Thanks for the info, I checked with the airline and this is what their website says:
Personal Care Items Aerosol deodorant/hair spray/insect repellent, perfume/cologne containing alcohol, nail polish Yes

I also wondered about the spray on sunscreen, but It would fall into that same category so I think it's safe to take. I'd rather take it than buy it down there.

Funny thing happened to my hairspray this past weekend. I put a small NEW can of hairspray in my checked luggage. When I went to use it it was all gone! I didn't smell anything in my luggage, but the can was empty! lol
I carry hairspray all the time and I can't ever remember this happening!

I always put my hairspray in a ziplock bag in my checked luggage (which is allowed).....but it is not allowed in your carry on!!

I would definitely put the can in a double ziplock bag. I packed on years ago...my mom and I were going to St. Thomas for a 4 day trip. We shared a suitcase that happened to be orange. The can leaked....our light summer clothes had orange dye all over them from the suitcase. It was a mess. I still get teased about it. :confused3 :rotfl2: :confused3 :rotfl2:

Sign or no sign, aerosols that are meant to be applied to the human body are allowed. Even some that are NOT meant to be applied to the human body are allowed. Spray Lysol, btw, is NOT allowed, because it is flammable but not meant to be applied to the human body.

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/prohibited/permitted-prohibited-items.shtm#2

The FAA actually sets a limit on the number of cans of personal-care aerosols that are allowed in checked luggage, but the number is so high that TSA doesn't bother noting it. I once put 19 cans of spray sunscreen in a checked bag and got through with no problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter