Can you meet Mary Poppins anywhere in the park?

What is the etiquette for approaching characters that are not at an official meet and greet? For instance, if you see Mary and Bert strolling along the pathway...

What is the etiquette for approaching characters that are not at an official meet and greet? For instance, if you see Mary and Bert strolling along the pathway...

We saw them strolling and tried to say hello but Mary politely said "So sorry I am headed to..." She was very polite but firm ;)

Go up to them and say hello. If they're headed somewhere they will tell you as the poster above said.

I've seen Bert walking around alone countless times. He was pretty much waiting for someone to approach him. When we did say hi and ask for a picture he always stopped for us and even chatted for a bit. Once he had stopped for us others mainly seemed to follow our lead.

Last year we ran into Mary and Burt on the other side of Main (opposite corn dog cart) while eating. Yesterday just Mary came out by First Aid around noon. She mingled with guests but didn't come to our table to I took my DS 4 up to her. Way better than last year with her firm attention:

Mary: what's your favorite animal?
Son: spider
Mary: a spider is an insect NOT an animal :rotfl:

Definitely chase her down if you can! I find you never know if the characters will be in a playful mood or not, maybe it's a time issue? Peter Pan was frankly blah this year and I remember him being so playful with DS last year. So the more encounters the better right to see if they are going to make great memories. I'm sure I'll be telling the one above forever! :cool1:

It doesn't hurt to approach walking characters but know there is a good chance they are in their way in or out, but they'll tell you. Sometimes they'll pose for a quick picture/autograph if you have everything ready, sometimes not...usually depends on if they have a minute or two to spare before they HAVE to be backstage

Last year we ran into Mary and Burt on the other side of Main (opposite corn dog cart) while eating. Yesterday just Mary came out by First Aid around noon. She mingled with guests but didn't come to our table to I took my DS 4 up to her. Way better than last year with her firm attention:

Mary: what's your favorite animal?
Son: spider
Mary: a spider is an insect NOT an animal :rotfl:

I sincerely wish I would have gotten that from her, so I could correct her right back since spiders are not insects! :D

I sincerely wish I would have gotten that from her, so I could correct her right back since spiders are not insects! :D

I know right?! It didn't seem right to correct her so I kept my mouth shut but her expression of distate at the mention of spiders was priceless!

Mary's look can be quite stern! They were at coke corner and she had set her jacket down on the piano player's bench and when he came out and was trying to figure out where to put it I might have made a joke about Mary and leaving things laying around...I got a very stern look but it was hilarious!

Typically I've seen Mary and Bert at the Coke Corner shortly after Alice's Musical Chairs. The best way to know when the Musical Chairs happens is to look at the signboard on the player piano. It's always the show after the one closest to noon (so, usually in the 1:00 - 3:00) timeframe.

We got Mary Poppin's signature near the hot dog cart in the middle of the afternoon in early November.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter