• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can you improve your chances???

Castle crazy

Mousketeer
From all you winners out there, is there anything you can do to improve your chances such as wearing your Disney shirts, bright colors,????? Anything, any particular place or time of day? Any suggestions at all???

Get there early. Most prizes are given out by 5. The more often you go, the more often you have a chance to win. You can enter the contest by mail as well as in person. Other than that it really is a lot of luck.

We were on Triceratops Spin at AK and saw the Dream Team come to the entrance area. We got off and got back on but they weren't giving anything away yet. So, when the ride ended, we got off again and got right back on (it was early and no one was in line) and ththis time we got our dream fast passes. DH wanted to stay on the ride and just ride again and my sister and I were like, "Uh, No!!" So, there isn't much you can do but do keep an open eye.

From all you winners out there, is there anything you can do to improve your chances such as wearing your Disney shirts, bright colors,????? Anything, any particular place or time of day? Any suggestions at all???

Nope. Not really. You can increase your odds of winning by doing two things. Sending in lots and lots of postcards. Or moving to FL and going to the parks daily. All of the winners are randomly selected by computer. They are told to give hats to the 50th-100th people to come out of the Tiki Room starting at 7:20AM. Or to give dream fast passes to everyone riding the 3rd green Dumbo. Or to give the DVC membership to the 1st person wearing a red shirt to sit down at the 4th table from the 1st register at the Land. Equally bizarre stuff like that.
Some of the smaller, non official prize dreams can be "won" by being courteous, talking with the dream squad, etc. These will be things like the Tinkerbell Pins, (keep 1 give 1) assorted certificates, and chances to do things like say "All Aboard" the train. Hassling or stalking dream team members won't do you any good at all. I believe they wear blue shirts with khaki shorts/pants and carry a black messenger type bag. Only if they have on a white vest are they giving out prizes. Otherwise they are just there to help out in any way they can and to make sure you are having a good time.

Oh, I wouldn't dream of stalking a dream team or anyone else, takes way too much time away from what I go there for. While a fast pass would be wonderful to win, and I would love to see the inside of the Castle, I don't think we would even be willing to go to the trouble of changing rooms. We only go 4 days at a time and I wouldn't want to spend one packing and unpacking. But I'll bet it is gorgeous.
I was just curious as to what they looked like since I don't think I've ever seen them.

it does seem like they give out a lot of dream fastpasses first thing in the morning on popular but less busy rides. Like I see many mentions of ppl going on Mission Space first thing in the morning, instead of test Track or Soarin, and getting them there. We also got our on Mission Space first thing in the morning. I'm sure you could do a search somehow and see what ride is most mentioned getting DFP on in each park and what timeframe.

That's too much for me but I think when we go again, I'll hit up Mission Space first thing in the morning just to see. ;)

There's nothing you can do to increase your odds of winning the major prizes, but Disney is great about making special little magic things happen to a lot of people. If you're celebrating a honeymoon, anniversary, birthday, first visit, etc. - and they know it, they'll do little things to make your trip magical.

And that's not even part of the YOMD, it's just Disney. :goodvibes

So anytime you're celebrating anything, don't be afraid to share it with CM's or reservationists! It's never guaranteed, but sometimes some pixie dust may be tossed your way. :cloud9:

I won 9 lanyards on the dinosaur version of the dumbo ride in AK. I saw the dream squad come up to the line while I was riding. I was hoping I would get off and they would wisk me off the castle!! But that did not happen. They just stood there. So I went back on the ride. There was no line and I really was waiting for my husband. After that turn we got the lanyards. Then my husband got of the rollor coster (the spinning one) and took the kids on the same ride and got three more lanyards, twice!! :rolleyes1 We ended up with a bunch of pins. We gave some to a few kids and traded the rest off. It was a fun way to start pin trading - but know my husband is hooked!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter