• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can you help me pick a condo or house? 3 women & a toddler!

Gillian

DIS Veteran
The serach function is not cooperating!

We're planning on a trip for early February. It's me, my mom, my aunt & my DS, 2 1/2. We want to get a condo or home, and we need at least 3 beds. DS is squirmy and no one is going to want to share with him, but my mom & I would be ok sharing a large bed. I might be ok with DS in a king bed, LOL.

I think we need 3 bedrooms. I like the idea of a house, but I'm not sure where to start looking or how to figure out what's a good deal. I like the sound of the newer developments that are very close to disney property, but I'm getting confused with the names. Can anyone help? Please? :teeth:

I've rented 3 vacation homes. I use www.elitevacationhomes.com. I think their prices are good and they don't require a large deposit ahead of time, only the first night. I've stayed in Rolling Hills which is very close to WDW. And although with this agency you don't know which house you will get until you arrive, you can request certain areas and they will try to accomadate. There are plenty of good agencies and also individual owner home rentals.

I think there are three bedroom units at Calypso Cay. We had a two bedroom which was fine for six with two to a bed but its sounds like you may want more room.

Hi..with a toddler, I would feel much more comfortable in a condo with a central pool rather than a 3 to 5 foot deep pool on the patio...there are safety screens and door buzzers in the new homes, but I would just feel better not worrying about the little one wandering into the pool....with that said, I second Emrald Island for location and a beautiful clubhouse and pool...the condos there are 3-4 bedroom I believe with 2-3 baths and would be perfect for you.....I think you can find them at fhvr.net and villadirect.com (villa direct has a great slide show of Emerald Island)....just search these sites for Emerald Island and then look at condos....I am sure you would be very pleased and everyone would have their own bedroom for a very reasonable price......for another option for condos at a lower price, about 89 to 95 a night, try Holidayvillas.com or search "holiday villas orlando" under yahoo....these are 3 bedroom 2 bath condos that are very livable and if you insist on Villas at Sommerset, you will be very close to Disney on the east side just of 192 on Poinciana Blvd.....again, I would insist on Villas at Sommerset as they are much closer to Disney.......these would be 2 bath and EIsland would be 2-3 bath...they are not as bright and shiny new like EIsland but the price should be lower, and a third option is direct from the owner at vrbo.com...good deals on homes and condos...we stayed at listing no. and 2375 and it was very nice with 3bedrooms and 3 baths about 5 miles from Disney on 192 west.....have fun looking...there are lots of bargains out there.......Ted

Although I tend to agree with most things Ted says particularly the central pool with a toddler (he seems very knowledgable and sensible) I have to disagree about Villas of Somerset, for the price that you get charged there I would go to Emerald Island there does not seem to be much difference in the rates and EI is brand new. I have also stayed at Somerset and it was just OK nothing special at all.
Basically what I am saying is for up to $100 a night go NEW.
This is not meant in any way to be inflammatory Ted

Ben;)

Hi...couldn't agree more, that if the prices are similar that EIsland is much nicer...I saw a post the other day that a 3br 2bath was about 85 at Sommerset, and EIsland looks to me to be about 110 to 120 a night....Not sure what Tomsdad got for a rate, but if it around a hundred then it is a bargain at EIsland....and absolutely no offense taken....we really learn a lot on these boards and if some properties are not as attractive as they were 3 to 10 years ago then we all profit from the input...for example there are several posts about Blue Tree resort that seem to indicate that it has really slipped in the last few years..so keep the info coming....I get to Disney about 3 times a year for the last 20 years and we haven't stayed in the same place more than twice, so have seen lots of different properties, but some quite a while ago.....enjoy your shopping...Ted

Hi Ted,
I got $80 plus tax, which was a great rate for Emerald Island, when we stayed at Somerset I payed $110 plus tax! I could not agree more about resorts changing etc. But I wonder if it is just the fact that the newer resorts are just so much nicer each time one goes up?
We have also stayed at heaps of places, since I was a kid, but I am slightly different in that I tend to go back a lot to the places I like, so for the next couple of years I am going back to EI because I adore the place.
My first post was removed for some reason I hope I did not upset anyone. If I did sorry!
Ben

Hi there,

Just wanted to say that we rented a three-bedroom condo at Windsor Palms in March of this year and found it to be a great location (10 minutes to WDW), and a beautiful new property with lots of recreational facilities. We rented through a private owner on www.vrbo.com. If you check there, you'll find a number of three-bedroom condos listed for rent at very reasonable rates. I think you would find it ideal for the type of family group you're going with - we were there with our two kids (ages 7 and 5), my mom and dad, and another family member and we never felt cramped. Send me a PM if you would like any more info on the resort. Good luck with your search!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter