Can you HELP IDENTIFY this vintage toy/figure?

Danielle Eskdale

Earning My Ears
proxy

Hi guys, I haven't been on the forums for a few years but have been bought these recently and wondered if anyone could help me to date them?
They are made of a dense foam/sponge type of material and you can feel wiring inside that enabled them to be posed (though I assume they have been in this one position for a while as the 'foam' is fragile when you try to reposition them.)
There are no markings whatsoever and I have searched the internet a few times with different things and can't seem to find anything similar.

Would love your help if you can!
Thanks, Danielle x

Last edited:
Hi guys, I haven't been on the forums for a few years but have been bought these recently and wondered if anyone could help me to date them?
Tell them how nice they are eyes are, how pretty their hair is, that sort of thing. Woos them every time. :rolleyes:

Any time. When assistance isn't available, always go for the "funny".

But on a serious note, can you tell if the paint has been flecked off or if that is the color of the characters? I can see a patch where the white rubbed off Donald's hand and the color of the foam is showing through. The trouble is that that one patch resembles the rest of his body. Is there white or blue paint missing or is he the color showing in the photo? Image searches for these items are showing more fully painted characters, but obviously with yours being a bit older, they might not be exact to what you have. "Vintage" isn't doing the trick to find info on them. Will keep searching, but what can you tell me about the paint job?

Also, approximately how tall are they? Any markings on the bottoms of the feet or on the back of the character?

Last edited:
That image is very close actually, the closest I've been able to find.
There are no markings whatsoever anywhere on them, and they are extremely worn, the only colour left on Donald is the yellow of the feet, his head, hands and hat as well as a tiny bit of red on his tie. The colour on the rest of the body is the base material they are made from. Mickey's body is fully warn too.
As for height they are 8.5 (Mickey) and 9 (Donald) inches tall. Or 21cm & 23cm approx.

Really appreciate your effort and assistance!
Thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter