Can you have guests swim at your resort pool?

jessiesue

Mouseketeer
We have friends that we would like to invite for swimming at our POR pool.They are not staying on Disney property. It is a family of 5. Can we invite them over to swim? If we can't invite the whole family, can we just invite 1 guest to swim for the day? TIA

The Pool is for "resort guests only". I am sure many people on this board will point that out to you very soon. :-)

Personally, I don't think you will have a problem at POR. Just make sure one of you have your key to the world card in case someone asks.

This is the wrong place to ask. Ask at your resort when you arrive. Disers are way more protective of "thier" pools than disney is.

You really need to ask the lifeguard when you want them to swim. If the pool is not busy, the lifeguard may tell you it's okay. But if it gets busy, they may ask your guests to leave. The lifeguard has authority over the pool, not the front desk. And it probably won't do to ask them the day before or hours before because the pool situation can change, as do the lifeguards.

The signs at the pools do say the pools are reserved for the guests of the resort and not the guests of the guests, though.

Have you thought about meeting them at a water park?

You really need to ask the lifeguard when you want them to swim. If the pool is not busy, the lifeguard may tell you it's okay. But if it gets busy, they may ask your guests to leave. The lifeguard has authority over the pool, not the front desk. And it probably won't do to ask them the day before or hours before because the pool situation can change, as do the lifeguards.

?

The only experience I've had with this is when I asked a lifeguard about whether my niece could wear a life jacket on the pool slide (at storm-along bay). He told me that if it were up to him the answer would be no but some many people had taken the question to the hotel management that he had been directed to allow the lifejackets. In that case hotel management certainly overode the life guards

As a good DISer I will tell you no.

As someone who has stayed at POR, I will agree with PP's to ask them. Their answer for us was yes.

The only experience I've had with this is when I asked a lifeguard about whether my niece could wear a life jacket on the pool slide (at storm-along bay). He told me that if it were up to him the answer would be no but some many people had taken the question to the hotel management that he had been directed to allow the lifejackets. In that case hotel management certainly overode the life guards

Funny the sign at SAB user to read, something like "flotation devices are not allowed", and the "not" is now crossed out.

We have friends that we would like to invite for swimming at our POR pool.They are not staying on Disney property. It is a family of 5. Can we invite them over to swim? If we can't invite the whole family, can we just invite 1 guest to swim for the day? TIA

I really don't think anyone would bother you or them if you just brought them with you. How would the resort know they weren't guests of the hotel? Bring your Key To The World Card with you, if anyone asks you anything say they are there with you. I've never ever been asked to show my room key even though I was a Disney Resort Hotel Guest. I think it is simply a liability to the resort if something should happen to the guest of the pool - if they get injured or require medical attention. With that said, do what you want to and feel comfortable with. Disney is a place to have fun! You could always try going to the Disney Water Parks - anyone can go there as long as you have an admission ticket - you need not be a resort guest of Disney's to buy one and go.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that there is a different policy at each resort, or that the policy can change from time to time.

We actually had a situation like this on our last trip to ASMusic -- a playdate with my DD and we wanted to make sure it was ok for the girls to swim at our pool. So prior to the trip, I called "front desk" for ASMusic, who actually connected me to the real front desk -- they said it was ok for guests of guests to swim at the resort pool. We also confirmed this 2 days before with the pool CM and the lifeguards, and also the day/shift of the playdate. Every single person said it was ok since the girl was a guest of a guest -- the CM even brought the girls extra towels. I did inquire about the rules posted on the sign and was told that that was to keep those not staying or visiting a guest from using the pools (since anybody can get into the resorts at WDW)

Having said that, I know that the lifeguards still retain the right to limit the number of people in pools so on a busy day the answer might be different, just as there are days when DVC members aren't allowed to pool-hop.

So...my very general advice would be to call the resort in advance to find out if there is a policy such as at SAB (no outside guests, no DVC members) and then to ask the lifeguards at the pool when you are at the resort.

POR has several quiet/leasure pools. They were never busy during our stay. I think if you swam here, no one would mind. Plus, there are plenty of lounge chairs so the adults could have a nice chat while the kids swam. They are beautiful pools, no slide though.

anytime I have ever had guests visit (we have family near) the front desk has always said yes no problem...they do not mind as long as your honest enough to ask up front.If the resort says ok then yes go ahead.I always stay at wdw resorts and I do not mind that people sometimes have guests,it does not bother me at all....its not MY pool.

I was denied at SAB to bring my niece and SIl who were staying at SSR. But at SAB they require kttw for each person in your party and they issue armbands.In fact,they made me go back to the room to get my 4 yr olds before they would let us in.

The official Disney policy is pools are soley for the use of resort guests.

I'm not someone who's over protective of Disney's pools, but I don't see why so many people even think this is a reasonable request. It's like asking "Is it OK if we have a friend stay in our room for 1 night?"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter