Can you guys look at this dining schedule we made and reccomend changes?

hhhisthegame

Earning My Ears
I'm going to post this on three different boards because I need answers ASAP...my Mom booked the trip and she picked restaurants and I don't know if they're good...I dunno how much I trust her. :D

First Night : Cape May Cafe at our hotel

Second Night : Plaza Restaurant at Magic Kingdom

Third Night : Mama Melrose at 1:55 for lunch with the fantasmic package, and we'll go to Sci-fi after

Fourth Night : 1900 park fair character dinner.

Can you recommend if any of those should be changed for other ones or if there are especially good ones we should try? And any recommendations for breakfast or lunch that we should do our best to not miss?

I think a lot depends on how old your kids are & what kind of food you like!! It's so individual & you'll get different opinions about every restaurant.

Cape May - we went for dinner one night & it was good. Not particularly interesting in theme or anything, but food was good.

Plaza - Have not been at WDW.

Mama Melrose - a lot of people don't love it, we had a great meal there a few years ago w/the Fantasmic Package & we are doing it again this year. My only complaint was the service was slow.

1900 Park Faire - I would go to Akershus or the Castle instead. When we went the room was HOT & felt like we were stuck in a hotel meeting room. Our friends who went to dinner there the day after us had a roach in their salad :( The food was so-so. That said, the character interaction was fun & the stepsisters are great.

I love lunch at CRT (castle) but it is 2 dining credits. Akershus is a good princess experience without the 2 credit charge. I like lunch at both places. I wasn't a fan of dinner at the castle when we went, but that was in 2008. Akershus dinner was good.

Our other favorites --
Boma - great food, fun to see AKL
Crystal Palace - especially a breakfast before park opening. It is cool to get pictures in the park before it's crowded. That is Pooh characters. Lunch food is pretty good for a buffet.
Chef Mickey - at the contemporary. Great for breakfast or dinner.

I have heard great things about the BBQ and about Tusker House breakfast.

Ha...I guess I would qualify as one of the "kids" though I'm 20. Haha. It's me and my friend (also 20) my sister (18) and my Mom. But we do love the fun Disney atmosphere.

Never been to Cape May but not a big fan of the other choices, but that's JMHO

Would really help to know when you are going as that may affect what ADR's are available

Ah yeah...okay as I said it's really soon. We're going Tuesday, so I know that rules out some options. But we got most of these reservations just a short while ago when we had to rebook the whole trip so I figure some restaurants should have openings.

I posted this on your other thread, but you don't seem to have checked that one. So I'll re-post it here.

I've eaten at all five and the food is good. Pretty average options, but good. The Plaza does a good steak and cheese and a huge burger. 1900 Park Fare is a buffet with a lot of pretty standard options (but definitely try the chilled strawberry soup if they have it). Cape May was good, standard options and standard quality. I liked the location of the restaurant, too. It's very easy to walk over and eat, then head back into EPCOT through the IG and catch the fireworks. Mama Melrose is perhaps a bit overpriced for the quality of food, but dining options have been limited in DHS lately (we have been unimpressed with the Brown Derby as of late). If you can, maybe see about switching to the 50's Primetime Cafe. It's a good, home style, made-by-mom meal and a heck of a funny experience if you get a good server (which we've never had a bad one, but I've heard a few unsatisfied grumbles). SciFi is very standard, burgers, hot dogs, etc. Since you've got this as your second TS of the day, I'd go here and get appetizers and milkshakes (so good!) or desserts only. Two TS meals in one day (especially with such a late lunch time) can be simply too much food.

I would try and swap the Mama Melrose if I were you. Our meal there was poor and we were kept waiting for 90 minutes and didn't even receive an apology. The others are great though :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter