• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can you grow strawberries in a container garden?

OceanAnnie

I guess I have a thing against
I am thinking about getting some really large pots to do a strawberry container garden. Our soil isn't that great. Has anyone tried this and had success?

My MIL has a strawberry clay pot she uses. She got it as a gift, so I don't know where it's from, but I'm sure Lowe's or Home Depot would have something similiar.

She doesn't get tons of berries, but enough for her. :)

I use them ion my front yard in containers going up my stairs. I started mine off as seeds so not much fruit the first year though doing it that way saved me a bunch and I was able to get yellow ones:)

I am thinking about getting some really large pots to do a strawberry container garden. Our soil isn't that great. Has anyone tried this and had success?

Strawberries are the BEST in container gardens. As a matter of fact, it is suggested you grow them in containers because they spread like wild flower and can take over your garden. I have also had great success with tomatoes and green peppers in containers. I used those contractor buckets you get at Lowes and they worked great. Strawberries and cherry tomatoes also work great in hanging bags as well. MMM...can't wait until it gets warmer to have my garden tomatoes again.

I also got a flower box and planted herbs in it last year. That worked wonderful as well.

Have fun!

All you need is the small porch boxes... the long rectangular ones. They dont need huge pots like tomatoes and peppers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter