Can You Great Folks Answer 1 More Hotwire Post ?

PolyHereWeCome

DIS Veteran
From everything I've read on this board, I'm going to join Hotwire to buy our 4 Day Park Hopper Passes (actually, they'll be 4 Day Hopper+ because they are reportedly cheaper than 4 Day non-plus from Disney Store).

Haven't joined yet, just have a few questions:

• Website doesn't mention free shipping. They do mention $10 credit, but not expecting that because it says to allow 6 weeks, and I'll be canceling within the month. Is free shipping still offered? :jester:

• We are going March 2005. Tickets are good for that time, right, not just 2004 ????? :jester:

• Do I activate when we get to Disney?:jester:

THANK YOU!!!! :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Shipping is free.

The PH's did not have to be activated. We just used them when we arrived at the park. As far as I know their PH's never expire. We used ours just like the ones we purchased from Disney.

Don't forget to copy the back, just incase they are lost.

zippehsmom:earsboy:

:D Just like park hoppers you buy in the Disney Store, the unused passes never expire.
When you order your tickets from hotwire, you just choose standard shipping and it will be free. They only charge for rush or
overnight shipping. They will be good to use when you receive them. :D

• Website doesn't mention free shipping. They do mention $10 credit, but not expecting that because it says to allow 6 weeks, and I'll be canceling within the month. Is free shipping still offered?

There is a free shipping option when you get to the end of the ordering process. I have always rec'd my orders within 3-5 days of placing them.

• We are going March 2005. Tickets are good for that time, right, not just 2004 ?????

The PHP tickets never expire. If you have any days left from this trip, you can use them next time!

• Do I activate when we get to Disney?

You don't really activate them, you just use them--any days left don't expire.

Hope this helps. I have had absolutely No problems with Hotwire--have always rec'd things quickly.

It seems you already received answers to most of your questions. The only thing I wanted to add was that if I recall, the $10 is actually a rebate check they send you and not a credit. But I am not 100% sure. I think that is what I remember when I joined. If someone can confirm???

Maggie

I just joined and haven't had any problems with my itmes yet (knocking on wood as I am waiting for my last order). Someone stated that the $10 would be if you actually made a purchase on Hotwire.com (for travel) not on Hotwiresavingsclub.com but I don't know for sure on this yet. When you check out from ordering your given 3 shipping options, the third one is the free option. My orders to date have all been shipped withing 3 to 4 days of ordering.

I would tell you that IMO I think the best deal they have going is the 7 day PHP pass ($302 each). If you have an extra $100 per person to spare, you may want to rethink the 4 day PHP. AS these passes unused days never expire, you can save the additional 3 days for a future trip (then there already paid for). We all know that these tickets will only go up in the future (so it is cheaper to purchase now) and besides, when you cancel hotwire you won't be able to rejoin for at least once year after canceling. People may think its crazy but I am buying another 7 day pass when I get back before cancelling with Hotwire (yes, I'll pay one month at $7.95) but it will save me in the long run. I'll have 2 days left on my passes plus another 7 day ticket already paid. I can then do 3 seperate trips in the future (3 park days each time) not to mention that I have a ton of plus features (the unused ones don't expire either) and can plan in waterpark days/pleasure island time in between park days extending my vacations. This way I only need money for the room and food. It's worth a little rethinking if you think you'll go back within next year or two.

Thanks, Everyone, for the as always helpful and speedy responses!

And, yecats, great suggestion; now rethinking the 4 day thing as we probably will go back again and the 7-day hopper+ would be useful.

Isn't it funny how I first began with the idea of buying 4 Day Hoppers, then it was 4 Day Hopper+, now it's 7 day Hopper +?:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Originally posted by maggiew
It seems you already received answers to most of your questions. The only thing I wanted to add was that if I recall, the $10 is actually a rebate check they send you and not a credit. But I am not 100% sure. I think that is what I remember when I joined. If someone can confirm???

Maggie

When I joined in the spring it was a rebate check, but it may have changed since then.

I have kept Hotwire for over a year now. It is definately worth it to me.

Here is why:

Sunday paper comes out, and items are on sale. Say its Target, or Toys R Us.

Well, I go online, order cards ($25 card costs $20). I have an automatic savings of 20% right off the bat, and the item I am buying is on sale!

I order using free shipping and they arrive usually Wed or Thurs, still in time for me to go to the store and get the sale item.

I have never had to wait more that 3-4 days.

Also, now it is gift giving time. I can give a $25 Macy's JC PENNEY, restaurant gift card and only spend $20.

How about those movie passes. I pack 2 of them together in a little gift box with 2 boxes of movie candy and give them to Teachers for Xmas.

What about your bus driver. Our neighborhood chips in and we buy Restaurant gift certs for them! My bus driver from a few years ago still remembers the Outback steak house present.

I could go on and on. I totally agree with buying the 7 day hopper also, and most definately xeroxing the backs. I lost 4 tickets that had 4 days left and brought the copies the next time and they printed off new tickets for me!

I would hold onto that membership, at least through the holidays!
But that is just my 2 cents.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter