• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can you give me a guestimate at how much AAA saves at resorts?

mom2mikel

DIS Veteran
We are planning our next trip and are debating between Univ + Dis or Univ + Seaworld & Aquatica. We rent a house but we do get a room onsite for FOTL privileges. I know we don't *need* FOTL for late April/early May, but after having it, I cannot imagine going without it!

I have to put some cost comparisons together. Can you give me an idea of much we'd save using AAA for a room over rack rate at RPR or Hard Rock? I've budgeted $280/night (incl tax) as standard rack rate. But I'd like to give them an idea of what the price would be with AAA.

THANKS!!

I would suggest calling the 800 numbers and asking for your specific dates. You might even be able to put it in the RATE box on the online reservation system. I just saved a lot of money by purchasing the AP. It was easy to check by putting in APH in the rate box for universal.

they, aaa, state up to 30% savings.
that doesn't mean you will get that, it has factors to consider.

it all depends on the date, room type that effects that %.

only a specific number of rooms are set aside for AAA bookings.

i always book with AAA.
it has beaten the AP rate for me for years.

when special promos do come out, i have and will switch to them for a better rate.

this year, stay more save more was a better rate for me.

i book in january, keep the aaa rate until something better comes up for me.

i do also have the AP

We are planning our next trip and are debating between Univ + Dis or Univ + Seaworld & Aquatica. We rent a house but we do get a room onsite for FOTL privileges. I know we don't *need* FOTL for late April/early May, but after having it, I cannot imagine going without it!

I have to put some cost comparisons together. Can you give me an idea of much we'd save using AAA for a room over rack rate at RPR or Hard Rock? I've budgeted $280/night (incl tax) as standard rack rate. But I'd like to give them an idea of what the price would be with AAA.

THANKS!!

I went to the aaa site and tried a week in late April and another in early May. The cheapest room at RPR was $323. No AAA rates came up. I did not do HRH but it is a little more.
Maybe if you call AAA they will have rates not on their site yet.

THANKS!!

The rack rate for our room at Royal Pacific was $269 and the AAA rate (mid week) was $242.10. This was for our trip 6/22-6/24/11. This was for a standard room.

Rack rate for Royal Pacific club level $344, I had to call to get the AAA rate of $296.15. Two nights mid August. So about 14%.
Donna

We stayed two nights just a few weeks ago. We had a garden view room at the Hard Rock and it was $309 plus tax (about $350) with the AAA discount. I don't remember what the actual rate was. If I remember correctly I saved about between $50-$60 total.

So I called and was able to book a room at rack rate (AAA discount not out yet). I was told when those rates come out it can be applied. Has anyone had luck with discounted rates during Presidents week (February)?

I just booked HRH club level for Sept 8-11. Best rate I could get online was the stay more save more, that was $327.60/N I am not sure what rack rate is, but since I booked only 3 nights, I would assume it is $364.

AAA is $309.40/N for the same club level, 2 Queen room. So it saved $54.60 a night off the rack rate.

I think the AP rate was $284 (for the HRH club room), but I already have passes and do not need/want to buy an AP.

:confused3I thought they had quit honoring AAA rates since i didn't see them offered for any of the multiple dates I checked for this year. In the past the AAA rate usually wound up beating the AP rate for a short stay.

:confused3I thought they had quit honoring AAA rates since i didn't see them offered for any of the multiple dates I checked for this year. In the past the AAA rate usually wound up beating the AP rate for a short stay.

i can only state from my personal experiences.

since i book 11 months out usually, i can snag the AAA discount rate for the room.

the AP rates come out MUCH later.

sometimes the ap rates will drop getting closer to the check in date if the hotel is not at full occupancy.

AAA rates do not drop.

my point in reserving so early is to guarantee the room type i want.

i can always switch to a rate that is better for me.
this year i switched to stay more, save more and was able to keep my room.

anyone can call and modify their rate.
don't be slow about it though as only a certain % number of rooms are held aside for those rates.

once the rates are gone, you would have to stay with the rate you booked with.
what i go for usually disappears quickly due to hhn.

mac - well i'm glad somebody is getting the AAA rate. i usually don't decide to book a room until 6 months or less, likely why i don't see them during peak periods = gobbled up by the early birds;).

May I ask how to check the AAA rate? Is this something I do on the AAA site, or can I do it on the Universal website? Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter